Dak had best wake up and smell the roses

nobody

Reaction score
Bottom line here is...

The Dallas Cowboys have set up a complete offense to work around Dak Prescott.

Next, Dak Prescott has earned his place as the very next and top quarterback in line to receive a top money spot.

He should receive $36.5 - 38 Million and a guaranteed $105+ million...let's move on from here.

Mike McCarthy came aboard already with the understanding that Dak was his quarterback. Stephen is secure of the financials...let's 'matriculate' on down the field now!

Dude, I think it's pretty much been established that the price was agreed upon, but both sides are dug in on contract length.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
again, it's irrelevant, you need a team to win...period. no ways around it. the offense helps the defense, not the qb, defense has to also help the offense, same for the special teams. I don't care how you try, the team had to win.
Of course it’s still a team effort but the QB is very relevant and carries a great load of responsibility. It’s the most important position. Especially in the NFL.

The teams with the greatest QB’s in Cap era generally have the most consistent success because it’s easier to build around them.

The only exception we’ve seen is teams with a “ generational” caliber elite defense. Even then we usually see their QB’s play at a higher level in their playoff run and or Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bottom line here is...

The Dallas Cowboys have set up a complete offense to work around Dak Prescott.

Next, Dak Prescott has earned his place as the very next and top quarterback in line to receive a top money spot.

He should receive $36.5 - 38 Million and a guaranteed $105+ million...let's move on from here.

Mike McCarthy came aboard already with the understanding that Dak was his quarterback. Stephen is secure of the financials...let's 'matriculate' on down the field now!
From the reports we’ve seen that type of contract was offered with 105 million guaranteed. But Dak refused.

At some point we will need to decide should we cave in to Daks demands which appear to be becoming the highest paid QB at 40 million or hold strong to our offer which it appears our ownership has already drawn their line in the sand.

Are fans prepared to draw their line in the sand?

silvernblu

Reaction score
Pretty much. This contract dispute isn't changing anyones eyes. If you liked him before you'd like him now. If you hated him making 500k a year you are going to hate him regardless.

I don’t agree with that at all.

I was a huge Dak fan. I even stupidly supported keeping him in when Romo got healthy. I read an article from a trainer that trained Brady who said Dak reminded him of Brady. I thought we caught lightning in a bottle. i believed he was a unique talent and born leader.

Then I started seeing him in press conferences after losses talking exactly like Jason Garret. He changed. Garret destroyed his fire.

I have lost tremendous respect for Dak during this contract process. He isn’t a leader. He isn’t a team player. He’s now an underachiever who wants to get paid like he’s a champion.

I honestly think if you disagree, you’re the one drinking kool aid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Fans think Dak has been unfairly bashed up until this point wait and see what happens if we Cave in to his demands and his performance doesn’t elevate and or the team doesn’t have anymore success.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Fans here hated Dak since day 1. So his contract won't change their attitude anyways.
That goes for any player on any team,

If fans dislike a player, why would him getting a big contract suddenly make him liked?

Guess you just needed a reason to rag on Dak "haters" because your post wasn't very well thought out.

Or maybe it was...

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I don’t agree with that at all.

I was a huge Dak fan. I even stupidly supported keeping him in when Romo got healthy. I read an article from a trainer that trained Brady who said Dak reminded him of Brady. I thought we caught lightning in a bottle. i believed he was a unique talent and born leader.

Then I started seeing him in press conferences after losses talking exactly like Jason Garret. He changed. Garret destroyed his fire.

I have lost tremendous respect for Dak during this contract process. He isn’t a leader. He isn’t a team player. He’s now an underachiever who wants to get paid like he’s a champion.

I honestly think if you disagree, you’re the one drinking kool aid.
Are you sure Garrett changed him or we are just seeing the real Dak now.

I don't think his skin is as thick as some do on here, you could see it the press conferences.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
This is just a excuse to validate those that didn't like him before.

We are kidding ourselves here since Dak became quarterback of this team he's been a polarizing figure with fans. Just like Romo before him. You have those that dislike him, those that want something better and those that like him. If you liked him prior to his "greed" you should still like him. Nothing has been signed. People are forming opinions of him based on leaked information from the Cowboys.

Lets be honest here.
Some people are brother.

His contract has not changed my opinion of him at all. I don't blame anyone trying to get theirs, we all should strive to make as much as we can.

silvernblu

Reaction score

I don't think his skin is as thick as some do on here, you could see it the press conferences.

maybe

but I have to believe that Garrett instilled a very narcissistic belief in every player that their belief in themselves was more meaningful than the results on the field.

if you look at winning coaches, they instill the exact opposite.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yea, I’m really surprised in how Dak has handled this.

At first I didn’t believe he was even worth what we were offering him but now Dak appears to want more than just to eclipse Russell Wilson deal . He wants to be the highest paid QB. I just don’t think he is and wouldn’t cave into that.

If Dak isn’t happy with being a top 5 paid QB then I’d begin looking elsewhere next year after the Franchise Tag. 5 years should be enough time especially with our new staff to see if he is everything he now appears to think he is.

Let him go somewhere else without this OL, league leading rusher and arguably one of the best receiving Corp in the league. He’ll flounder.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Give him the short term deal. If we can get him for 4 years then fine. If his play decreases then we can let him walk and he screws himself. If his play goes down hill for some reason then he will be a backup somewhere or won’t get paid huge money again. His agent could be getting to greedy and Dak is letting him. Not caring if he is hampering the rest of the team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's annoying but no worse than Tank or Zeke with their negotiations.
What makes it harder is he is the starting QB.

D-Law held off shoulder surgery. Came in not fully healed.

Elliot hold out was 2 years early and stayed in Cabo and came in out of shape.

If I was the GM or Owner then we would not have those 2 players on this team. Or not making what they are making now...

Dre11

Reaction score
Of course it’s still a team effort but the QB is very relevant and carries a great load of responsibility. It’s the most important position. Especially in the NFL.

The teams with the greatest QB’s in Cap era generally have the most consistent success because it’s easier to build around them.

The only exception we’ve seen is teams with a “ generational” caliber elite defense. Even then we usually see their QB’s play at a higher level in their playoff run and or Super Bowl.

I get what you're trying to say, but at the end of the day, wins are a team stat. There's no argument

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get what you're trying to say, but at the end of the day, wins are a team stat. There's no argument
I understand but I sense you’re trying to detach the importance and connection to the QB.

I agree it’s a team stat but like in baseball pitchers are assigned wins and losses. We see the same kind of stats accumulated for QB’s as well. Not in the same fashion but there is the attachment. Much like with coaches.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dude, I think it's pretty much been established that the price was agreed upon, but both sides are dug in on contract length.
You think...oh, and DUDE, there still are variables...and the point is resolution. Now, 'smart guy', why would that and how does that get done?

Let me start your response, now off....wooooo hooooo!:rolleyes:

Oh, and I stated a touch above where the proposed contract has been reported, for YOUR record.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I like Dak. He’s a good quarterback. He wears number four.

nobody

Reaction score
You think...oh, and DUDE, there still are variables...and the point is resolution. Now, 'smart guy', why would that and how does that get done?

Let me start your response, now off....wooooo hooooo!:rolleyes:

Oh, and I stated a touch above where the proposed contract has been reported, for YOUR record.

Here's a thought: do a search on it. Many reputable sites reporting about it cite is the length of the contract that is the main issue. But it's cool. Feel free to choose to be insulting and condescending rather just disagree.

Here, I'll help. This is only one of many:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/cowboys-dak-prescott-contract-length-at-issue/

Now how about you try to be civil and have a discussion rather than be a prick?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here's a thought: do a search on it. Many reputable sites reporting about it cite is the length of the contract that is the main issue. But it's cool. Feel free to choose to be insulting and condescending rather just disagree.

Here, I'll help. This is only one of many:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/cowboys-dak-prescott-contract-length-at-issue/

Now how about you try to be civil and have a discussion rather than be a prick?

First, after repeating, I didn't state that length was not a factor. There is a guarantee AND yearly amount that is being exceeded beyond reasonable in the present.

My objection is settling the issue...that too tough.

Alright, present a resolution...instead of repeating contract length. That was never objected to, but was included in the repeated and backed by source fact of a guaranteed amount. That is a deal breaker alone...and is involved with WHY the years are important to the Cowboys. No, Dak doesn't deserve the added revenues, if 4 or 5 years.

No, it doesn't matter if the yellow brick road is yellow or red. NOW, how do YOU resolve issue? Your comment now!

And dude, was interjected first, by YOU, play with words. If you are presenting a point, present it!

Here is what you leave and still out there:

Deadline to sign a new contract
For the teams that tag players, the deadline for those clubs to sign those players to long-term contract extensions is July 15 at 4 p.m. ET.

If a tagged player does not have an extension in place by that deadline, he will play out the season on the tag.

The Cowboys have a history of waiting until near a deadline before making a strong push to complete a contract.

Before the rookie cap was in place, the Cowboys would often delay signing draft picks until just before time to report to camp.

In the DLaw negotiations they Franchised him once and then starting negotiating a new contract when they franchised him the 2nd time.

The deadline in DLaw's agent's mind was the date for the first OTAs. The agent feared DLaw's teammates would start contacting him about how he was missed and that DLaw would give in and end the holdout. All players would be back in Dallas once OTAs started and would likely be hanging out with DLaw socially.

Last edited: