Dak had best wake up and smell the roses

Philmonroe

Reaction score
ridiculous comparison. If Aikman played in this era where QB's aren't allowed to be touched and WR's pretty much are able to run unmolested through secondary's, he would be a dominant QB.
Yeah I don't like comparing different eras esp when the rules of the game are way different. People are soooo disingenuous just to win an online argument.

CCBoy

Reaction score
© Provided by Sporting News
Rank Team Opponents' 2019 win percentage
1 New England Patriots .537 (137-118-1)
2 New York Jets .533 (136-119-1)
3 Miami Dolphins .529 (135-120-1)
4 San Francisco 49ers .527 (134-120-2)
T5 Buffalo Bills .525 (134-121-1)
T5 Atlanta Falcons .525 (134-121-1)
T5 Detroit Lions .525 (134-121-1)
T8 Arizona Cardinals .518 (132-123-1)
T8 Houston Texans .518 (132-123-1)
T10 Minnesota Vikings .516 (131-123-2)
T10 Los Angeles Rams .516 (131-123-2)
12 Denver Broncos .512 (131-125)
T13 Chicago Bears .508 (129-125-2)
T13 Seattle Seahawks .508 (129-125-2)
15 Green Bay Packers .504 (128-126-2)
T16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .502 (128-127-1)
T16 Indianapolis Colts .502 (128-127-1)
T18 Carolina Panthers .500 (127-127-2)
T18 Kansas City Chiefs .500 (128-128)
20 Tennessee Titans .498 (127-128-1)
21 Las Vegas Raiders .496 (127-129)
22 Jacksonville Jaguars .494 (126-129-1)
23 Los Angeles Chargers .492 (126-130)
24 New Orleans Saints .490 (125-130-1)
25 Philadelphia Eagles .486 (124-131-1)
26 New York Giants .482 (123-132-1)
27 Cincinnati Bengals .477 (122-134)
28 Washington Commanders .465 (118-136-2)
29 Cleveland Browns .461 (118-138)
30 Dallas Cowboys .459 (117-138-1)
31 Pittsburgh Steelers .457 (117-139)
32 Baltimore Ravens .438 (112-144)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...schedule-for-2020/ar-BB13IkaG?ocid=spartandhp

This year's strength of schedule for 2020.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Gregory hasn’t played since 2018 and Smith hasn’t played since 2015. However, if Smith can somehow be half the player he was years ago, and Gregory regains some of his promise he showed when he was last on the field, that combination could give the Cowboys a much-needed boost on the right edge. Factoring in Tyrone Crawford and rookie Bradlee Anae the Cowboys have a lot of bodies to play with to compliment Lawrence coming off the left edge.

With the NFL no longer suspending players for positive marijuana tests under the new CBA Gregory has a great chance of being reinstated, and I don’t see a situation where Smith isn’t as well.

It’s a lot to ask of Gregory and Smith with both having spent so much time away from the field. The hope is, however, that the right structure and guidance with the Cowboys can rejuvenate the careers of these two extremely talented pass rushers.

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-are-showing-supreme-confidence-in-randy-gregory-and-aldon-smith/

CCBoy

Reaction score
The weeks before and after every NFL Draft are when we naturally focus too much on the rookies. Sure, these players could shape the future of the franchise some day. But far more than Trevon Diggs or Neville Gallimore, it will be their veteran free agent additions which decides how the Dallas Cowboys’ defense performs in 2020.

The Cowboys brought in some big names during the second wave of free agency: Defensive Tackles Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe, plus Safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. These guys bring a combined nine Pro Bowls and were all former 1st-Round draft picks.

McCoy and Poe have been full-time starters since Week One of their rookie seasons. Clinton-Dix became a starter in his seventh gamer as a rookie and has been one ever since.

While none of these players were priciest, top free agents available at their positions, this isn’t the usual bargain bin activity we’re used to from the Cowboys’ offseasons. These are legitimate investments, immediate new starters, to help boost the defense.

https://insidethestar.com/draft-picks-are-fun-but-cowboys-free-agents-will-make-break-2020-defense/

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why does it seem like everyone in the media feels it's the Cowboys' fault for not having Dak under contract by now? If you had to choose, who's to blame?— GARET TANEKA / WAILUKU, HI

Nick: I think it's a good question and a fair question. Remember, when you say "media," are you sure you're not just talking about one guy at a major network who is making a point to bash on the Cowboys? That's just his shtick and it works. I'm not sure if a lot of local media here are really ripping the Cowboys for it. We think we know Dak has an offer on the table and right now, they're not seeing eye to eye. I don't know if I blame anyone. But I can't say I disagree with the Cowboys for not making him the highest-paid QB in the league. Does he deserve a big pay day? Yes. But I don't think he's earned a deal that would pay him higher than Russell Wilson.

David: I think people tend to blame the organization because, at the end of the day, it's their responsibility to make things work. As Stephen Jones has said before, it's not Dak Prescott's job to worry about the cap. That's the front office's job. Having said that, there's plenty of blame to go around when a contract negotiation has lingered for this long. I don't blame Dak for trying to maximize his value, and I don't blame the Cowboys if they're trying to hold firm and keep from setting the market. But the bottom line is that something's got to give, and I put more responsibility on the organization than the player to figure that out.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-who-gets-the-blame-in-the-dak-delay

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak's agent is setting his teeth into top of NFL as well as Cowboys' setting pay days...but he may be losing a locker room and group of supporting fans in the same stroke.

Brandt’s top three include the Saints’ pairing of Brees and Thomas, the Falcons’ connection of Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, and the Cardinals’ new duo of the exciting Kyler Murray and All-Pro DeAndre Hopkins.

Brandt then has Dallas...

4) Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys: The selection of Oklahoma receiver CeeDee Lamb with the 17th overall pick could have a positive impact on Cooper. If Lamb is able to develop quickly, Cooper could get more snaps in the slot, where he’ll be able to wreak havoc. Even if Lamb needs a bit of time, Cooper should still make the most of the contract extension to which he’s been signed, assuming he doesn’t have to deal with anything like the leg injuries that bothered him last year. Of course, this also presumes the franchise-tagged Prescott doesn’t hold out or miss time as he waits for a new contract.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...urth-best-qb-and-wr-pairing-heading-into-2020

Couple this with acquiring Cee Dee Lamb, a very pro Dak move, and Dallas has more than supported Dak in his position. This being the anti-Green Bay by the team during this draft.

Now, mix in what has been done along the depth for the offensive line, and his role has been in the middle of the franchise's bulls eye. They have done their due diligence and then some, including offering and negotiating in good faith, to reward that very player.

If he doesn't quickly gain a team oriented slant, and quit buying into his glory, instead of the team...he will end up losing a ton more, that what is pictured in front of his nose.

Dak, it's time to get your butt off it's high/holy air space, and back to team and Lombardi building!

Or what?

kskboys

Reaction score
The weeks before and after every NFL Draft are when we naturally focus too much on the rookies. Sure, these players could shape the future of the franchise some day. But far more than Trevon Diggs or Neville Gallimore, it will be their veteran free agent additions which decides how the Dallas Cowboys’ defense performs in 2020.

The Cowboys brought in some big names during the second wave of free agency: Defensive Tackles Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe, plus Safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. These guys bring a combined nine Pro Bowls and were all former 1st-Round draft picks.

McCoy and Poe have been full-time starters since Week One of their rookie seasons. Clinton-Dix became a starter in his seventh gamer as a rookie and has been one ever since.

While none of these players were priciest, top free agents available at their positions, this isn’t the usual bargain bin activity we’re used to from the Cowboys’ offseasons. These are legitimate investments, immediate new starters, to help boost the defense.

https://insidethestar.com/draft-picks-are-fun-but-cowboys-free-agents-will-make-break-2020-defense/
We're used to other team's backups brought in and played out of position!!!!!!(Cedric Thornton)

dfense

Reaction score
So Aikman had zero flaws (with Dak haters) with career 61.5% completions, 165 td's/141 int's.
You need a better arguement than HOFer Aikman. He already had multiple SB wins by his 5th year. Dak has trouble scoring against winning teams or can't lose games. The difference is cavernous.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah right
You are a smart ***...carry on then. Talk some football, or bother someone else!

Ever been to the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany? How about the Bridge of Tears in Florence, Italy?

Last edited:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are a smart ***...carry on then. Talk some football, or bother someone else!

Ever been to the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany? How about the Bridge of Tears in Florence, Italy?

Believe it or not, visited that castle and a few others while stationed at Spangdahlem AB, in the mid 80's.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Believe it or not, visited that castle and a few others while stationed at Spangdahlem AB, in the mid 80's.
lol, wash racks in the dead of winter with 2 foot long icicles hanging from every where, washing down a tank. Another time, being a Custom MP at Rhein Mein.

I was in the Army. First trip to England, Christmas Eve...very last ferry crossing...was detained at the French Border with just my leave pass and military ID and told to never come back to France. Then traveled up to Denmark for the very last crossing. Came off the ferry outside of London. Pulled up to my very first traffic circle..stopped, checked left and pulled up an inch and stopped. Wrong country, left lane stuff. When I looked up, and it was kind of after 2400, an old lady was stopped in front of me in the traffic circle...waving a scolding finger at me. She was telling me...'you're dumb.' I had to agree, but smiling.

I made it all the way to England and back to Baumholder on the same documents, but not France.:)

Florence was beautiful. The Bridge of Tears was during the Catholic Inquisitions, the prisoners were walked over the canal into the prison. Families waved for the last time to their family members disappearing over that bridge.

Oh, and the Italian Mosques and Mausoleums had breath takingly beautiful murals.

Anyways, nice share...

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
While FanSided‘s Matt Verderame reported at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine up in Indianapolis the 2021 NFL salary cap could reach upwards of $240 million, it might be $30 to $80 million lower than the $198.2 million it is for 2020. If we’re looking at something in the $150 million range for 2021, there is no way Prescott will garner $35 million on a new deal from Dallas.

https://fansided.com/2020/05/08/gardner-minshew-fantasy-breakout-2020/

This could even affect a smart agent concerning signing a new contract now, for Dak Prescott.

CCBoy

Reaction score
To be fair, I must also present this:

There are two questions that this scenario sparks for me. What is so wrong with Prescott wanting to be properly compensated? Secondly, why is it a problem when Dak wants the same privilege, pleasures, and treatment as any other of your favorite athletes?

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/05/08/dallas-cowboys-andy-dalton-good-signing/

Myself, I would be much more sympathetic to the many fans facing seniors as well as babies in their families departing in this pandemic. I would make a marked effort to show my own heart as well. That's me...

CCBoy

Reaction score

1. Predicted starters at preset:

Offense:
    QB Dak Prescott, RB Ezekiel Elliott, WR Amari Cooper, WR Michael Gallup, WR CeeDee Lamb, TE Blake Jarwin, LT Tyron Smith, LG Connor Williams, C Joe Looney, RG Zack Martin, RT La'el Collins

Defense: DT Dontari Poe, DT Gerald McCoy, DE DeMarcus Lawrence, DE Tyrone Crawford, LB Leighton Vander Esch, LB Jaylon Smith, LB Sean Lee, CB Chidobe Awuzie, CB Trevon Diggs, S Xavier Woods, S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890557-projecting-every-nfl-teams-starting-lineup-for-2020

kskboys

Reaction score
You think you know what market rate is? If Wentz and Goff got a $34M average, do you think it should still be $34M for Dak a year later? Do you know what the structure of the offer was, whether sufficiently front-loaded or improperly back-loaded compared to other contracts? No, you don't. You hear the rumor of the average and think, "OMG, that should be enough" when it has everything to do with how it's structured which no one knows. Yet, only Dak is being the stubborn one here when for all we know, the offered structure could have been out of line with what's been paid to QBs recently. When negotiations drag out, it's ALWAYS the player's fault according to fans. Why is that when there are 2 sides working? It's not hard to figure out.
Pretty much. Thing is, it's not a set in stone figure. The market rate is not necessarily the top paid. There are often outliers of people who overpaid, but that does not mean it is market rate.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Skip Bayless: With the Cowboys’ new offense, Dak needs to smell the roses and sign the contract