Dak "haters"? Seriously, that's the breadth of your word power?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Wow, I just got back from the studio, smoked a bowl of devils weed and read this whole thread. And I loved it...it was freaking cool, dog heads and lovely women.

IMO...hate is a hateful word that should be used accordingly. What good is it for to use a word like that?

Hate is a powerful word, and that word comes from inside your mind and thoughts. Why live in a world of hate? Look around yourself right now and tell us what you hate right now? Probably nothing. I would rather be called stupid because I probably am, but to get called a hater if someone does not agree with me, it's just their frustration in their mind...not a good way to leave the someone being called a hater...he could be a lover.

My hate today was at the studio doing some 8-bar shuffle blues...key of A...hit a wrong note and said to myself I hate when I hit a wrong note and I just keep playing and call it jazz. That kind of hate in my mind....gone.

Me musical friend, I am glad you acknowledge the weed comes from the devil.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Perhaps we would be better people if agree not insult each other on the forum ever again?:lmao2:

I’ve agreed to use “Dak Less Love” IF Prescott signs a long term contract with Cowboys :muttley:
Maybe we could all take a civility pledge and things here would be smooth and swell.

Skillit

Reaction score
I like Dak.

I don’t love Dak.

but ......who, if not Dak?

I think if we have to do it, take the longest contract he’ll give us, and hopefully the cap increases enough to cover it so we can add good pieces in the future.

I just wish he’d budge. IMO- he’s asking for more than he is worth. But I can’t blame him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When the fragile, physically whipped and frustrated walk-on Tony Romo was shoved aside, I was among Dak's biggest fans. I believed in Dak, big time. It just hasn't worked out for me.

But me disappointment has been to see a deep divide among fans. Some strongly believe in Dak. Others want him and his salary demands gone. It happens.That does not make him a bad man.

So I say to you, dear mateys, phone solicitors, licensed contractors and those with warrants, to call anyone here a "hater/hatah" is so wrong.

My guess is that 90% of Dak's skeptics and critics here like the man but don't like his play, prognosis or greed.
But, on the other dominant hand, most of those who criticize Dak would love to hang with him, have beers and enchiladas with him and maybe back him up in a bar brawl, not that Dak is a troublemaker.

So, all you smug and presumptuous chaps who are quick to use the word hate/hater, you need to step back, take a deep breath and reconsider your choice of words.

Hate is too strong a word to use over a QB. It's not personal, it's just business and exuberant fandom.
Amen.

Hollah, and brings me a dollah!
does the same go for the those who want to hang on to Dak as "dak lovers"? the knife cuts both ways.....

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
When the fragile, physically whipped and frustrated walk-on Tony Romo was shoved aside, I was among Dak's biggest fans. I believed in Dak, big time. It just hasn't worked out for me.

But me disappointment has been to see a deep divide among fans. Some strongly believe in Dak. Others want him and his salary demands gone. It happens.That does not make him a bad man.

So I say to you, dear mateys, phone solicitors, licensed contractors and those with warrants, to call anyone here a "hater/hatah" is so wrong.

My guess is that 90% of Dak's skeptics and critics here like the man but don't like his play, prognosis or greed.
But, on the other dominant hand, most of those who criticize Dak would love to hang with him, have beers and enchiladas with him and maybe back him up in a bar brawl, not that Dak is a troublemaker.

So, all you smug and presumptuous chaps who are quick to use the word hate/hater, you need to step back, take a deep breath and reconsider your choice of words.

Hate is too strong a word to use over a QB. It's not personal, it's just business and exuberant fandom.
Amen.

Is "Gimme" a word........?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're saying that the huge contingency of cowboys fans on this board against signing him for top 5 money, against extending him at all, in favor of trading him for pick value, or just not impressed with his accomplishments thus far are lying about being cowboys fans?

And I already said I don't think hes overrated. He's rated exactly what he is.

I think you're 0-2 on that one Rocy
I'm saying most people on this site have a ulterior motive. You're no exception.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no question but what the contract negotiations have accentuated both the fans and critics of Dak. "Lovers" and "haters" are simply exaggerated words offered by passionate fans. Let's hope the ongoing negotiations reflect the best of both sides at the bargaining table. Not all of us are going to be satisfied with the results. If the majority of us are willing to accept the outcome, we'll be blessed. Let's just hope for the best and be respectful here.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Amen.

One thing I've noticed is there are people that become fans of certain players and they make that player more important then the team as a whole.

It's nothing personal against Dak as a person, but many just don't like the idea of paying a good player elite player money. Myself included.

We're not talking about Rodgers and Mahomes here, but as the Super Bowl and NFC championship this year showed, even generational talent can't do it alone.

InTheZone

Reaction score
To be called a name just because you have a different opinion is a bit juvenile if you ask me.

We're not in junior high any more.
This is what happens in the day of the social media mob. Theyre miserable and unfortunately they dont seem to grow as a person.

People will claim to fight the haters, but theyre fighting a random post and will show how emotionally attached they are to the idea that they cant possibly be wrong. They dont see a person on the other side, they see an enemy because there's no substance behind a username to them and because of this they typically are what they say theyre against.

Bigots fighting the fight will never see themselves as the biggest bigots.

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Amen.

Well said. Not wanting to overpay an athlete is not the same thing as hating him. It speaks to wanting to be able to build (and pay) a quality defense that this team desperately needs. Hate? Some people need to consult a dictionary.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The best western has a $39 room with free powdered egg breakfast. Dak can afford it if you cannot.
I keed! I keed!
you are a lost soul dude..... haters just hate...that's what they do.....

usually, those who are losing the argument, start insulting, typically small, and then escalate from there. Its to distract from the argument at hand, with the goal to escalate into a confrontational argument (you do have a long history of that)...so when did you feel like you are losing this argument?

aikemirv

Reaction score

Amen.

A few errors in Word Spelling and Grammar

Reactions: CWR

aikemirv

Reaction score
Haters is too strong, but you've got no problem with Dak tards or, Dak hangers, or whatever. It goes both ways. You are only serving to show which side you lean towards. The polar nature of this topic is an excellent illustration of our society today. People can't simply have a discussion and attempt to find logic, and middle ground. I am thankful for the posters on this board that are able to accomplish exactly that. You aren't one of them.
No errors when put through Word spelling and Grammar.

Reactions: CWR