Dak: I want to be the best QB Cowboys ever had

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you bought a strip club

LOL...no not quite. but it seemed like one at times...

I am good friends with a couple that owed their own strip club, well he sold it, but now manages another one. in Dallas. His wife worked for me for a while after they sold it. At one time he asked if I wanted to buy into it, but I had other plans at the time. Own my own place, or be a partner, but like 15% not sole owner of my own place. I chose my own place.

I got to know, and even dated a few of the girls. Still keep in contact with a few of them, but not very often anymore. Many are married, kids, well kids back then too. Life, keeps everyone busy. But thy always kept the bad eggs away from me...LOL...I actually dated more of the waitresses than dancers, much less drama.

Actually the playboy model was a stripper at one time, but long before I met her. She did both before I met her. She was only with them for photo shoots for a short time, less than a year. She never was a centerfold, not have her own set of photo's for a feature. But was used for photo's when they had various shoots. Though she claimed she was in several magazines, but did not have copies or know what issues. But I do have a few photographs of her at a few shoots. I still question if she was ever in a magazine, though another friend said he has copies, but never produced them.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I love his mindset and his comment. Can't understand how anyone would want to turn this into a negative.... but then again not sure I'd want to. Understanding such a thought process would surely drive me insane:)

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak just needs to be Dak. The success and notoriety will come. Love his mindset. He's a winner and the right guy for the job. Anyone who can bash him for thinking this way ought to look at themselves FIRST.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Good. That's exactly the right attitude you want a young guy to have - a desire to be the best.
It starts with desire and ends with putting the work in...the little things and attention to detail. It also helps he has the IT factor...SEE HIS ROOKIE YEAR, and college tape.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I like to hear it and think he has the potential but as all the other great QBs know he will need help to achieve his goals . He needs the right talent around him and the right coaching along with a front office committed to providing both.

The Cowboys are operating on old antiquated team building technology orchestrated by an old antiquated owner bound and bent to do it his way that has been proven conclusively not to work .

The Eagles adding the right coach and turning there team around in record time is proof positive that the Cowboys have underachieved with Garrett and wasted Romo and Wittens careers . For Dak to achieve being the best QB we ever had or just a very good QB is in the hands of the people managing the team who are not capable of making tough or good decisions before things snowball into disaster .

Until this franchise becomes dissatisfied with being mediocre nobody will eclipse our past heros no matter how much talent they have . No Landry or Johnson , No Bob Hayes or Drew Pearson , Irvin , Harper , at least we are rid of Footsteps Bryant a move in the right direction . Hope someone steps up and helps Dak because he is going to need a dependable receiver to even be good before he can get to be the best .

jaybird

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-to-be-the-best-quarterback-cowboys-ever-had/
Dak Prescott wants to be “the best quarterback Cowboys ever had”
Posted by Charean Williams on May 16, 2018, 8:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-900095406-e1526515731749.jpg

Getty Images

Stephen Jones said last week he wants Dak Prescottto earn league MVP honors this season, giving the Cowboys even more reason to pay the quarterback a deal he “deserves.” Prescott wants even more than to be the best in the league this season.

He wants to become “the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had.” That’s saying something considering Hall of Famers Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman wore the star on their helmets, and Tony Romo owns most of the team’s passing marks.

Prescott’s comment came after he was asked about the pressure of playing for a contract this season.

“It’s not any pressure,” Prescott said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “I want to be the best I can. I want to be the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had. All that stuff comes when you play the game well.
So does Cowboy Nation -go get it my man!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I hope he turns out to be our greatest QB. It would mean that the Cowboys are winning SBs again. Roger will always be my favorite though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hell I want every player to have high goals of themselves and to push themselves to be the best player they can. No doubt they will face critics but so what critics do not play the game, they have the easy job of sitting there pointing their fingers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-to-be-the-best-quarterback-cowboys-ever-had/
Dak Prescott wants to be “the best quarterback Cowboys ever had”
Posted by Charean Williams on May 16, 2018, 8:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-900095406-e1526515731749.jpg

Getty Images

Stephen Jones said last week he wants Dak Prescottto earn league MVP honors this season, giving the Cowboys even more reason to pay the quarterback a deal he “deserves.” Prescott wants even more than to be the best in the league this season.

He wants to become “the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had.” That’s saying something considering Hall of Famers Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman wore the star on their helmets, and Tony Romo owns most of the team’s passing marks.

Prescott’s comment came after he was asked about the pressure of playing for a contract this season.

“It’s not any pressure,” Prescott said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “I want to be the best I can. I want to be the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had. All that stuff comes when you play the game well.
As usual Jerry is out in front promoting his product with his eternal optimism.

Any other Owners and GM our there doing likewise??

Unfortunately this has an influence on some of our fans with this overly optimistic sales pitch spewing over into their analysis based mostly on hype.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He admitted after the first few games of the season that he had not spent enough time on his fundamentals leading up to the season. Sure he got the yips after ATL but he had regressed hard prior to that as well.

When did he say that?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I saw the discussion on PFT and they actually touched on the possibility way way down the road of Romo actually getting in the HOF given his numbers and records plus now his prime time postion as asports caster ALA other coaches and players who have stayed relevant and been good at both and got them in the hOF like Madden..they have point.. Dak has some huge shoes to fill just to overtake Romo let alone the rest of that fraternity..

NotForLong

Reaction score
LOL...no not quite. but it seemed like one at times...

I am good friends with a couple that owed their own strip club, well he sold it, but now manages another one. in Dallas. His wife worked for me for a while after they sold it. At one time he asked if I wanted to buy into it, but I had other plans at the time. Own my own place, or be a partner, but like 15% not sole owner of my own place. I chose my own place.

I got to know, and even dated a few of the girls. Still keep in contact with a few of them, but not very often anymore. Many are married, kids, well kids back then too. Life, keeps everyone busy. But thy always kept the bad eggs away from me...LOL...I actually dated more of the waitresses than dancers, much less drama.

Actually the playboy model was a stripper at one time, but long before I met her. She did both before I met her. She was only with them for photo shoots for a short time, less than a year. She never was a centerfold, not have her own set of photo's for a feature. But was used for photo's when they had various shoots. Though she claimed she was in several magazines, but did not have copies or know what issues. But I do have a few photographs of her at a few shoots. I still question if she was ever in a magazine, though another friend said he has copies, but never produced them.
Does she have any pics of Bill Cosby?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If that wasn’t his goal, I’d be thoroughly disappointed in him. Now it’s up to him to go do the things to get there. It’s up to him to determine if last year was the result of Zeke being gone and the OL regressing or was it him that regressed. As a rookie, he was hungry and determined. So much so that he turned down endorsements so as not to have any distractions as he was focused on holding off a Romo return to the job. Last year you couldn’t watch a tv show anywhere without seeing him in a commercial. No one should expect him to turn down endorsements forever but he needs to determine if he was less focused and didn’t spend the time necessary for him to maintain a high level of play. The day you think and act like you have arrived is the first day of your eventual downfall. It’s up to him to stay hungry and focused and do the work necessary to reach that lofty goal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping he succeeds. He'll have his work cut out for him to surpass what Staubach and Aikman did. You've gotta admire his ambition, though.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak needs to put more time in with his new receivers during the offseason. Building a good repoirt happens now not when the season starts.