Dak: I want to be the best QB Cowboys ever had

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak needs to put more time in with his new receivers during the offseason. Building a good repoirt happens now not when the season starts.

I agree. I know based on some comments he has been working out with some of these guys. To what extent I don't know

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One thing for sure, Dak knows what it is like to be the Cowboys QB in his 1st 2 seasons. They will praise you one second and slam you the next. Hell even Aikman experience that as fans booed him towards the end of his career. Romo whole career was ups and downs with fans and media. Welcome to the life of a Dallas Cowboys QB

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
That is the type of mentality you want in your QB to have goals of improving and being the best.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That’s all fine and great, but how about focusing on reading the whole field and ball placement first. The greats this franchise had were great at doing that. Only time will tell. I like his attitude, but that’s about it for me.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
well roger and troy won five superbowls between them so I don't think that ever going to happen for him he just needs to focus on being the best he can every day and see where that takes him

Well since it won't happen we can now make you the scapegoat for jinxing him. Were all set here now!

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
It would be wierd to say the best Cowboy QB was a Haughton, Louisiana kid! I would love to say it though
:popcorn:

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Dak wants to be the best ..... Maybe he should focus on the game and position more. Instead of living that party lifestyle we have seen the past 2 seasons. Maybe hire a QB guru in offseason to tweak and adjust to actually get better.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I hope so too Dak, otherwise things will get real tough for you!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well let's see how his production stacks up after 2 seasons:

Meredith 11TD's/16 ints
Roger 3TD's/10ints
Troy 20TD's/36ints
Tony 0TD's/0ints
Dak 45TD's/17ints

Yeah I'd say his start to his career is clearly the best 2 years. No reason to doubt this kid.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-to-be-the-best-quarterback-cowboys-ever-had/
Dak Prescott wants to be “the best quarterback Cowboys ever had”
Posted by Charean Williams on May 16, 2018, 8:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-900095406-e1526515731749.jpg

Getty Images

Stephen Jones said last week he wants Dak Prescottto earn league MVP honors this season, giving the Cowboys even more reason to pay the quarterback a deal he “deserves.” Prescott wants even more than to be the best in the league this season.

He wants to become “the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had.” That’s saying something considering Hall of Famers Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman wore the star on their helmets, and Tony Romo owns most of the team’s passing marks.

Prescott’s comment came after he was asked about the pressure of playing for a contract this season.

“It’s not any pressure,” Prescott said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “I want to be the best I can. I want to be the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had. All that stuff comes when you play the game well.
I love it Dak. Lofty goals but everyone should have stretch goals in their lives. If you get to 75% of that, many a Cowboys fan will be elated to have finally sniffed Lombardi again.

Block out the haters and just keep striving. I believe in you.

Sincerely,

Your boy Bleu

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak wants to be the best ..... Maybe he should focus on the game and position more. Instead of living that party lifestyle we have seen the past 2 seasons. Maybe hire a QB guru in offseason to tweak and adjust to actually get better.

What party lifestyle are you talking about? The one where once in a long while he is photographed at a party, and in which there is never any hint of bad behavior?

As for focusing on the game and position, have you ever read anything that suggested he doesn't work very hard at the game and position?