Dak in the top 5 of Dimes thrown since 2016

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see where Dak ends up statically this year.

I'm assuming it'll be higher than last year's 21st in yards per game or 14th in Passer rating.

But threads this early in the year about these stats are just a snippet in time.
No harm in posting them, as long as there's obvious context.

In the end, the bottom line is winning. Takes an all-around team to do that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
IM sorry I meant stat you are defending but cant provide any info but a tweet ..... So until proven its false narrative BS to push an agenda for one side. All I want to see if the formula used and not assumptions of this..... I am curious to learn when NextGen started using words like Dimes

In all seriousness, why do you really care? You’re not a cowboys fan. And I know you’ve been reasonable about cowboys stuff in the past. But why does this particular tweet frustrate you? The

It’s just another “next gen stat” of which there are a ton out there.

Who knows how accurate it is. But anybody who is honest about it, knows that the entire narrative about Dak being “dink and dunk” and not being able to throw deep has been crap from the start.

CoachD

Reaction score
Prediction Time;

After two pretty bad losses the Cowboys and Jason Garrett find themselves (believe it or not) in a MUST win game this week against the Jets. The Cowboys defense looked absolutely awful last week against the Packers and their no name running back just embarrassed them. So what do the Cowboys need to do to get to 4-2, well how about this, run Zeke the freak! It's time the Cowboys got back to fundamentals and running the ball is a really good start. Now defensively it's really simple, TACKLE but it won't be easy because Leveon Bell is one of the best backs in the league. The good thing about the Jets is they're not very good but will still give the Cowboys all they can handle but so far the Cowboys have been able to beat the teams they're suppose to beat so I'll take the Cowboys in yet another struggle.

Cowboys 27
Jets 23

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Does it say if it is 1 yard or less when the ball was thrown, or when it was caught?
Also, does it say how many (of 30 yards or more) were attempted?
Does it include drops, or just completions?

Twitter isn't working for me right now.
I'll check Bill's replies

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see where Dak ends up statically this year.

I'm assuming it'll be higher than last year's 21st in yards per game or 14th in Passer rating.

But threads this early in the year about these stats are just a snippet in time.
No harm in posting them, as long as there's obvious context.

In the end, the bottom line is winning. Takes an all-around team to do that.

This is true, and that's what is so perplexing.

QB with the second most wins since entering the league? Dak.

Yet there's so much unwarranted hate for the guy. I don't get it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Putting words in people's mouths? I guess that an upgrade from the usual. Its sad you dont know how to do research on your own. Please show me the info for how the stat is calculated and the formula ..... If you cant its a made-up stat and BS. NextGen is very open with its stats and info. Like I said in my OP dak does not have that many passes30+ yards in the Air let alone competitions

This is interesting. I just checked what they showed for this year, and they had him at 8 attempts and 2 completions (Wilson was 5/9 for comparison). If they are really using just plays that gained 30 yards, regardless of how far the ball was thrown, then it's an extremely dishonest "stat."

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is interesting. I just checked what they showed for this year, and they had him at 8 attempts and 2 completions (Wilson was 5/9 for comparison). If they are really using just plays that gained 30 yards, regardless of how far the ball was thrown, then it's an extremely dishonest "stat."

Since 2016, not just this year

And Stafford through week 4 is 0/6
Big Ben 0/2
Brees 1/1

Last edited:

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Stats pffft :rolleyes:. All he needs to do is lead the team to wins over formidable opponents. Until then, who cares.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Since 2016, not just this year

And Stafford through week 4 is 0/6
Big Ben 0/2
Brees 1/1

Big Ben and Brees have barely played this year. But that doesn't change the point.

30+ throws are not attempted at a very high rate, they are completed even less, and then to be within 1 yard would be even less. It appears the numbers are likely not accurate.

With further research, Next gen charts show him with 19 completions of 30+ from 2016 until now. They are missing 7 games from 2016 (I guess they weren't doing charts as much yet), but I find it extremely unlikely he would have 9 more in those 7 games, especially since 2016 is when he looks to have thrown 30 yard passes at the lowest rate (with 3 completions in the 9 games they do have). And even if he did have 9 more, then every single one of those completions through 3.3 seasons would have to be "within 1 yard."

Birdgang

Reaction score
In all seriousness, why do you really care? You’re not a cowboys fan. And I know you’ve been reasonable about cowboys stuff in the past. But why does this particular tweet frustrate you? The

It’s just another “next gen stat” of which there are a ton out there.

Who knows how accurate it is. But anybody who is honest about it, knows that the entire narrative about Dak being “dink and dunk” and not being able to throw deep has been crap from the start.

I like to know about things and how they work. I also love to sniff out the BS people spew ..... Funny thing is they think I hate Dak . I dont think I have said much if anything bad about the guy since I actually think he is good. That and people insulting others over twitter with no proof behind it, makes me LOL . Ive asked for a bit now to show info on stat .... Next Gen dont have it

Birdgang

Reaction score
It's only a "BS stat" because it is in favor of Dak and goes against the Anti-Dak narrative that he is a terrible QB. None of the Anti-Dak crowd or fans of others teams/QBs would be insisting that these types of stats don't matter, if they were in favor of QBs that they support or in favor of.

only those with an ajenda post fake stats from some random on twitter then try to bash others for calling it out. Who said Im a Dak hater ?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
d0898d581c81368d631860ffb04eba2f.jpg
:laugh:Good one.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Let me guess which threads come next: Dak: quickest pisser among active quartebacks; fastest wipe action since 2016; third among quarterback speed in extracting link from his navel.
Now let the haters refute THAT!:laugh:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I like to know about things and how they work. I also love to sniff out the BS people spew ..... Funny thing is they think I hate Dak . I dont think I have said much if anything bad about the guy since I actually think he is good. That and people insulting others over twitter with no proof behind it, makes me LOL . Ive asked for a bit now to show info on stat .... Next Gen dont have it

Fair enough. I know you’ve said you think Dak is good in the past. I was actually legitimately just asking why the stat bothers you.

But that makes sense.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Fair enough. I know you’ve said you think Dak is good in the past. I was actually legitimately just asking why the stat bothers you.

But that makes sense.

I took no offense, as My OP got buried and ignored, it gave a chance to put some context back up top