Dak is 1 playoff win away from matching Romo's career playoff win total

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Here's to Dak matching that this year.
And I believe by this time next year he could double Romo's total playoff wins.
Blimey!
I am sure Romo is pulling for Dak, correct ruffians?
Hollah!

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
It's gonna be painful watching everyone forget how good Tony was as memory fades and is replaced by a quick glance at win columns.

Probably one of, if not the, best QBs ever to have such a lousy playoff resume.

They'll end up in excuse mode

"But we didnt have our full oline"
"But we had injuries"
"But allen hurns was out"
"But we didnt expect to win this year"

The sad part is everyone that needed to go is now going to get extended

Shinaoi

Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time I had to explain it’s a team sport to gimmetheball I would have about 5 dollars.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
They'll end up in excuse mode

"But we didnt have our full oline"
"But we had injuries"
"But allen hurns was out"
"But we didnt expect to win this year"

The sad part is everyone that needed to go is now going to get extended

I didn't say I don't like Dak. I like Dak overall.

Tony was good and the two things aren't related.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
You can like him....I'm talking about when the team fails again. It always got placed on Tony, but no one is gonna dare place it on Dak.

I see.

Don't worry, half this forum already has their new thread drafted to post about how bad Dak is the moment we lose, and the other half is ready to post their thread about how they were right all along if we win the superbowl.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
May I ask what exactly causes some Cowboys fans to get giddy with excitement over Romo being put down? "Dak is about to surpass Romo!" "Proof that Romo sucks!" "Romo is certifiable choker," etc. etc.

Do you get a thrill out of it? Does it provide you with meaningful, lasting satisfaction in your life? Do you constantly find ways to cast Romo in a negative light, because it gives you gratification, makes your sunrises prettier, makes the roses smell better, makes life less dreary?

Look, I don't care if you're an Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers fan or whatever, but if you are constantly looking for ways to put down a former Cowboys QB who doesn't even know of your existence, and doesn't read what you post, and you get a thrill out of doing so - you need a life.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
May I ask what exactly causes some Cowboys fans to get giddy with excitement over Romo being put down? "Dak is about to surpass Romo!" "Proof that Romo sucks!" "Romo is certifiable choker," etc. etc.

Do you get a thrill out of it? Does it provide you with meaningful, lasting satisfaction in your life? Do you constantly find ways to cast Romo in a negative light, because it gives you gratification, makes your sunrises prettier, makes the roses smell better, makes life less dreary?

Look, I don't care if you're an Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers fan or whatever, but if you are constantly looking for ways to put down a former Cowboys QB who doesn't even know of your existence, and doesn't read what you post, and you get a thrill out of doing so - you need a life.

There was a legion of fans that strongly disliked Romo just like there's a legion that don't like Dak now. I don't get it either.

triplets_93

Reaction score

I can't explain the warm fuzzy feeling I get trashing Romo. The only reason you play is for titles and Championships. Everything else is just stats for nerds.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Its just more Hater ignorance.

Dak did not cause Romo to retire ........... and Romo has done nothing but support Dak.

Romo was a great QB who had to carry the team with his unreal talent ......... unfortunately his body started falling apart as soon as he became an all around QB.

Dak does not have the passing ability of Romo and is not as smooth in the pocket ....... but he has other attributes that also allows his team to win and can carry a team in a different way.

I am a Romo fan ......... Love the guy

I am also a Dak fan ......... Love the guy.

I am also a Dez fan ....... Love the guy.

Its ok to like all of them ......... none of them are the reason the other guys are not here anymore.

Blake

Reaction score
It's gonna be painful watching everyone forget how good Tony was as memory fades and is replaced by a quick glance at win columns.

Actually hindsight is teaching us that Romo wasn't as great as his most adamant fanboys have made him out to be.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

:muttley:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Actually hindsight is teaching us that Romo wasn't as great as his most adamant fanboys have made him out to be.
Yes.
So true. I am sitting Shiva for Romo's shallow tenure.
My chant includes, "so many December fades, so many December embarrassments."