Dak is a franchise QB but he does these things

Romonater

Reaction score
1. Dak has missed two TDs in back to back games

2. Has a bad case of fumbleitis

3. Needs to learn to get rid of the ball and avoid taking those sacks.

He compliments his defense very well, reminiscent to how Wilson did in Seattle in the legion of boom days. However, he's going to hurt this team eventually if he just doesn't improve here. The young man knows this. I just wish we had a qb coach to help him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak's young yet but it shouldn't take anyone other than himself to realize he needs to take better care of the ball and keep his head in the heat of battle. I'm pretty sure that when film day comes on Tuesday, he'll hear that from someone on the staff. If not, they're just incompetent.

Taking care of the ball and protecting it is just a primary responsibility of every QB. Knowing enough to "cut bait" and either throw the ball away or tuck it to his chest isn't exactly complicated. Knowing when to be offensively minded and when to be defensive is basic stuff when the opposition's defense threatens to cause trouble. That's when a cool head is essential and offensive measures must turn to defensive ones.

Last edited:

Chappy

Reaction score
Pretty tough to judge him harshly on a few mistakes and even Brady and Rodgers miss guys and turn it over which no QB is immune from.

I want our OL healthy and settled first and foremost in front of him, but it seems to be the flavor of the season to be hating on Dak and there is no 1800 dial a franchise QB to call.

Garrett and Linehan need to be turfed before Dak IMO as we have no idea how to utilize his strengths.

Dak was huge today on some crucial 3rd down plays especially that 11yd run late in the game. Yeah he got sacked by an all pro DE in Jordan and lost the ball but he will not be the only QB to fall prey to him.

It is just to easy to hate on guys and ignore all the good stuff he does while just remembering the bad and hitting the keyboard in rage , but i suppose the Internet is rife with it in this day and age.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

He compliments his defense very well, reminiscent to how Wilson did in Seattle in the legion of boom days. However, he's going to hurt this team eventually if he just doesn't improve here. The young man knows this. I just wish we had a qb coach to help him.
This qb coach madness is how I know Dak is just ok because I've never heard so much about a qb coach in my life until this year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Pretty tough to judge him harshly on a few mistakes and even Brady and Rodgers miss guys and turn it over which no QB is immune from.

I want our OL healthy and settled first and foremost in front of him, but it seems to be the flavor of the season to be hating on Dak and there is no 1800 dial a franchise QB to call.

Garrett and Linehan need to be turfed before Dak IMO as we have no idea how to utilize his strengths.

Dak was huge today on some crucial 3rd down plays especially that 11yd run late in the game. Yeah he got sacked by an all pro DE in Jordan and lost the ball but he will not be the only QB to fall prey to him.

It is just to easy to hate on guys and ignore all the good stuff he does while just remembering the bad and hitting the keyboard in rage , but i suppose the Internet is rife with it in this day and age.

It's one thing when it happens occasionally but when it's a commonplace event in each and every game, there's a preponderance of failure that must be curbed. It's not a matter of hating on Dak so much as it's a matter of eliminating what sorely needs to be corrected. Nobody wants to see Dak succeed more than I do. Nevertheless, it's imperative to his being successful to learn when to protect the football. Just quarterbacking 101. I'm hoping he'll learn that and there's no better time to do so than now. Pro QBs can't afford that.

KingRah

Reaction score

The defense is amazing to get this team to 7-5. Dak really has the fumbles. That may doom this team in the playoffs. He also missed tds in 4 straight games. One game he missed two. He HAS to start hitting those deep balls. Zeke Is still seeing stacked boxes. Still. There's no reason that he can't hit one bomb every game. Yes we're winning and I'm happy about that. A smart person sees the flaws in the wins. He missed two bombs to gallup and two to Cooper in the last 4 games. He missed a deep td to Beasley too.

lukin2006

Reaction score
This team need a red zone coordinator...they lack imagination when in the red zone. That is slowing them down. But if the Saints had won, Dak would be getting roasted for that missed pass.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

How do you think Brees feels today? He had the same problems youre describing Dak as having. You think he'd look at you and say ok, or you think he'd laugh at you and say did you watch the game and the pressure they had on me?

KingRah

Reaction score
How do you think Brees feels today? He had the same problems youre describing Dak as having. You think he'd look at you and say ok, or you think he'd laugh at you and say did you watch the game and the pressure they had on me?
Bree’s missed from pressure. Dak kisses when he has time.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
He makes more from tv. He works three days a week and gets millions. Why take a o c job unless he has input on who to sign or keep as qb.
Who says that Romo is in it for the money? I think that Romo loves football and who's to say that he wouldn't take the job if offered to him?