Dak is a great QB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Furboy, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

23,930 Messages
    25,945 Likes Received
    PERIOD! END OF STORY! Dak put the team in position to win that game. Dak played a monster of a game, and he went toe to toe against Brady and came a BS non-call OPI away from beating the Bucs.

2. Ky31

Ky31 Well-Known Member

519 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    I’ll like this a million times!

817Gill, Furboy, DakPresgoat and 2 others like this.
  3. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

9,699 Messages
    8,393 Likes Received
    I mean, people don't realize how hard it is to throw the ball as many times as Dak does and have minimal mistakes.

His one pick tonight was on basically a perfect throw.

Last year, with those big passing # games...similar.

We have a special player and leader in Dak.

4. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

7,790 Messages
    10,163 Likes Received
    You have to give him his props. He threw for 400 yards against arguably the best defense in the league last year and one that held Mahomes to 9 points and he got virtually no help from the run game.

5. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

2,512 Messages
    3,600 Likes Received
    Dak may be on the cusp to making that next step from "bus driver / don't kill the team" to "playmaking" QB.

I mean, that might have been the best throwing game he has ever had. His passes were spot on virtually every throw. Not every throw, but almost every throw.
    :flagwave:

LOBO7, jusdre, DenCWBY and 5 others like this.
  6. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

8,710 Messages
    10,455 Likes Received
    If you look at his numbers, he did his job. He did enough for us to win. A couple of more plays here and there and we would have won. I'm still waiting on those super stars on defense to play like super stars. And there were a couple of times during that game where I was thinking we need to run more clock.

817Gill, Furboy and ArtClink like this.
  7. AtomicDog

AtomicDog Well-Known Member

511 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    Dak has always been the least of this teams problems. I think Dan Quinn will get this Defense going good sooner than later. Kellen Moore is an excellent Offensive coordinator. We just need Mike McCarthy to get it together.

LOBO7, SlammedZero, 817Gill and 2 others like this.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

21,761 Messages
    30,523 Likes Received
    Only thing that stopped Dak was penalties in a few series. Tampa’s D did not stop him.

817Gill, Furboy and ArtClink like this.
  9. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

56,796 Messages
    64,384 Likes Received
    Can’t wait for what the Dak “dislikers” say. They are all huddling trying to come up with the negatives.
    :lmao:

And after no action for 11 months. Just think when he knocks off the rust we all heard about all off season long.

10. Word Mofo

Word Mofo Active Member

928 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    Dak took some monster hits, too. What if he had a clean pocket like Brady. I can only imagine…

SlammedZero, 817Gill, Furboy and 3 others like this.
  11. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    34,983 Messages
    89,768 Likes Received
    You mean. Haters?

12. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

7,826 Messages
    11,854 Likes Received
    Dak was certainly the best QB on the field tonight.. Props to Brady for what he was able to accomplish but he got outplayed tonight and got bailed out by the refs there at the end. The hold call on Williams may have been legit but the one on Tyron was garbage .. a classic throw your hands up and flop cause you're going to the ground.. And that no call on Godwin.. GTFOH.. Two years in a row we get screwed on the same call .. only this time it's a non call for doing the exact same thing that got Gallup flagged last year.. I hate the refs..

thechosen1n2 and Furboy like this.
  13. ArtClink

ArtClink Well-Known Member

1,466 Messages
    2,351 Likes Received
    Absolutely correct!! Dak is a freaking miracle worker with all our franchise dysfunction (coaches with no authority, hc not allowed to hire his own staff, bad salary cap moves, etc) and we are so lucky to have him. If Lamb could catch like a first round draft pick, Dak would have had one less interception. I don’t get the Dak haters.

Furboy likes this.
  14. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

56,796 Messages
    64,384 Likes Received
    yeah but they get so upset with being called haters. So I was trying to be PC by saying dislikers but putting it in quotes adds that sarcasm of really knowing what is meant.
    :lmao:

They would be so upset with being called a hater, because it is past their bedtime. And may not be able to sleep. :muttley:

CowboysWillRise, Furboy and Ranching like this.
  15. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

13,710 Messages
    11,795 Likes Received
    After tonight, some can no longer say that he can't perform well against good teams.

16. Slim_JD

Slim_JD Well-Known Member

289 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    The focus on Tampa stopping the run game is why he threw 58 times and had 400yds. He failed to make Tampa pay deep within the redzone cause he struggles to throw in a compressed field. He’s a good qb but I don’t think he’s great. Teams don’t dare great QBs to beat them

Vandyr and Hadenough like this.
  17. lk8701

lk8701 Well-Known Member

1,714 Messages
    3,727 Likes Received
    Yeah. Lamb's drop turned into INT didn't help matters for Dak either.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  18. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    31,227 Messages
    31,032 Likes Received
    He proved it tonight.

Furboy likes this.
  19. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

7,826 Messages
    11,854 Likes Received
    Oh but some of the usual suspect absolutely will..

Furboy likes this.
  20. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

23,930 Messages
    25,945 Likes Received
    Of course, I was making this thread to highlight the point about Dak. For those that don't post in the off-season and preseason, there were raging debates about Dak, and this should hopefully end that debate.

CowboyFrog and zrinkill like this.