Dak is a great QB

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Dak-led Cowboys are 6-10 in the last 16 games that he has started and finished…

And tonight was an example of how at least several of those losses are not his fault. Dak did his job. He had us in position to win. The defence failed like last year. Not Dak's fault. As an old friend on the old site used to say, missed me with that.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And tonight was an example of how at least several of those losses are not his fault. Dak did his job. He had us in position to win. The defence failed like last year. Not Dak's fault.
And alot of those losses were on his offense failing to show up

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And alot of those losses were on his offense failing to show up

Ok, and what did you see in this game? Was this that case? Dak literally went up against a team that held the CHIEFS to 9 points in the Super Bowl and hung I think 3 TDs on them. And all he needed was one of the 2 missed Field Goals to go through or for the OPI to get called to win. Nuff said

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I didn’t say it was his fault, I just see flaws in his game and this o line and the way teams play him inflate his numbers.
Wth do you mean, “the way teams play him”?

No team is primarily game planning on stopping Zeke Elliot. Dak is the straw that stirs the drink. He’s the focus of any defensive game plan.

these negative Dak “hot takes” are hot garbage.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The focus on Tampa stopping the run game is why he threw 58 times and had 400yds. He failed to make Tampa pay deep within the redzone cause he struggles to throw in a compressed field. He’s a good qb but I don’t think he’s great. Teams don’t dare great QBs to beat them

lol this tired argument is still being used.

lqmac1

Reaction score
If he starts winning more games (and yes, I'm aware that he has not been the biggest reason for us losing lately), then he will clearly be beyond the cusp.

But if he puts up great numbers without the W's, the his is "just" a Stafford.

I believe Dak can do it, but he has to prove me right by doing it on the field.

Bud I’m really not quite sure what more you can ask from your quarterback. I mean, 400 yards, 3 touchdowns against the defending Super Bowl champions, on the road. Oh, BTW he puts a good drive together that gives you the lead with less than a minute and a half left.

Romo.. “Chokes in big games” - “can’t win the big one”

Prescott.. instead of admitting he carries the franchise on his back and keeps us in games, instead it’s “He’s padding stats” - “he’s like Stanford”

It’s truly never ending. There’s always going to be something.

Idk, maybe it’s just me

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I mean, people don't realize how hard it is to throw the ball as many times as Dak does and have minimal mistakes.

His one pick tonight was on basically a perfect throw.

Last year, with those big passing # games...similar.

We have a special player and leader in Dak.
No doubt, and with a lacerated left hand & the issues he had with his shoulder. To throw that much was pretty legendary.

waving monkey

Reaction score
PERIOD! END OF STORY! Dak put the team in position to win that game. Dak played a monster of a game, and he went toe to toe against Brady and came a BS non-call OPI away from beating the Bucs.
I agree and want to point out haveing two solid Otackles back is Dak's best friend

SackMaster

Reaction score
Bud I’m really not quite sure what more you can ask from your quarterback. I mean, 400 yards, 3 touchdowns against the defending Super Bowl champions, on the road. Oh, BTW he puts a good drive together that gives you the lead with less than a minute and a half left.

Romo.. “Chokes in big games” - “can’t win the big one”

Prescott.. instead of admitting he carries the franchise on his back and keeps us in games, instead it’s “He’s padding stats” - “he’s like Stanford”

It’s truly never ending. There’s always going to be something.

Idk, maybe it’s just me
I agree, in this specific game, as with many others, there is nothing more that Dak could have done. As I said, this was probably the best throwing game in his career. Hell, even the INT was clearly not his fault. That might have been the best pass he threw in the game in a game full of great passes.

Yet as in any results based bushiness, the end of game results matter.

I love Dak as our QB, just like I loved Romo as our QB. Not everything is/was their fault, but they have not reached the point where if given 1:30 at the end of the game, there is little to no doubt they pull off the win, even if they don't.

If the word "cusp" offends you, there isn't anything I can do. You seem to think it is a bad thing when I see it as 100% positive. After all, cusp is usually used to describe someone/thing on the verge of greatness.

I think Prescott is great, and if he was to win a Super Bowl, no one could deny that anymore.
:grin:

lqmac1

Reaction score
The Dak-led Cowboys are 6-10 in the last 16 games that he has started and finished…
In those same games:
475/728
QBR: 69.40 (highest achievable is 99.9)
5852 Passing Yards
33 Passing TD’s
12 interceptions.
Just passing stats alone.

You can sprinkle in the 5 rushing touchdowns he had for decoration if you’d like.

I guess what I’m trying to tell you is, Dak Prescott is not the problem!

Your argument: “Bottom line he didn’t win and he went 6-10”

My response: Ok cool. Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino! Oh he’s not? Point proven!

I’m just looking out for your health, Willie. It’s a lot more energy wasted being a hater than not a hater.

lqmac1

Reaction score
A lot of you weren’t around with Brad Johnson, Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, and basically every other quarterback between Aikman - Romo

and it shows

Spoiled little brats ya’ll are. You have no idea how elite of a quarterback we have. Just look at the quarterback play we had when he went out last year. I will say, I do appreciate the audacity though

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Watched bits here and there that I could at work. So happy dak looked so good. Standing there taking hits to make a throw and still running at times. The whole team seemed to play a lot better than most expected!

The loss sucked badly but I'm feeling better about the team already!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A lot of you weren’t around with Brad Johnson, Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, and basically every other quarterback between Aikman - Romo

and it shows

Spoiled little brats ya’ll are. You have no idea how elite of a quarterback we have. Just look at the quarterback play we had when he went out last year. I will say, I do appreciate the audacity though

Ah, right around when I started watching in bold.