Dak is a great QB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RustyBourneHorse, Sep 9, 2021.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

33,053 Messages
    23,631 Likes Received
    Even the pick was a great throw. A bit high but was 30 yards downfield and a matter of a couple feet. It was led perfect.

He played with balls of steel and he keeps it up and the defense continues to get better I like our chances.

2. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,417 Messages
    3,171 Likes Received

lqmac1 likes this.
  3. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

3,531 Messages
    3,569 Likes Received
    That’s a fake video.

Bro, you know I was being sarcastic, right? I’m fully aware that Emmitt Smith played for the Cardinals lol

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  4. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,417 Messages
    3,171 Likes Received
    Bro, ya do know I'm just messing with ya OBVIOUSLY ya can take it.

5. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

3,531 Messages
    3,569 Likes Received
    It’s a fake video idc

6. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

2,943 Messages
    1,628 Likes Received
    It was really something to see. It may have been the best I've ever seen him play.

7. Austin 3-16

Austin 3-16 Active Member

298 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I won't argue how good he is but he is a difference maker. A fair chunk of NFL media had seemed to forget about that. And he owns the NFC East.

8. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

3,632 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    On the road against an intact Super Bowl winning team no less.

Romo_To_Dez and Irvin88_4life like this.
  9. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

7,686 Messages
    8,918 Likes Received
    Bingo! Good assessment that some here will hate. I thought Dak was sharp and accurate early but when the Cowboys got inside the 30 Dak no longer was picking apart the Bucs. Too many possessions and failing to score tds but they scored 29 so everyone will blame the defense.

10. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

8,056 Messages
    10,469 Likes Received
    He played without his best Olineman, very limited preseason work and coming off of injuries. If Ceedee can wake back up and all these guys can get on the same page, this offensive will be super explosive.

11. OldJarhead

OldJarhead Well-Known Member

661 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    Ronnie, I hate to disagree with you, but I have to on this one. Dak played well, but he was not the best QB on the field last night, not even close. His pass placement was not nearly as good as TB12. His downfield accuracy was not as good, especially in the redzone. Dak has gotten better, but once again there were some situations where receivers had to change their direction or alter their stride to make a catch thus negating YAC, you don't see that from TB12.
    Oh, and I don't think the OPI you were looking for was an OPI, I think the defender just fell down. Looks to me like the Cowboys secondary hasn't improved all that much.

SteveTheCowboy likes this.
  12. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

16,054 Messages
    22,146 Likes Received
    We must have watched a much different game. I think you were watching tennis. Tom missed some very easy throws too. And if that’s not OPI then last years wasn’t either. We lost two games on the same play in 2 different ways. Is that even possible?

13. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

4,166 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    People jest etc but most consider Prescott to be a good QB. He played very well last and whilst I agree the interception was on Lamb, he did throw a couple of ugly balls that should have been picked off and then the narrative wouldn't be so positive which would be wrong as he played very well.

But people still miss the point. E.g., if we were able to have paid Byron Jones then we win last night.

When your QB is paid the big bucks then Prescott has to play like that every game as him being paid so much means we have a bum like Brown at CB. The majority of our resources have been pumped into the offense so the defense will play like last night vs the better offenses. Whilst it was very encouraging, we need to win those shoot outs in future.

14. Jimbo69

Jimbo69 Well-Known Member

446 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    I thought Dak played a very good game. One of his best. I have been critical of some of his past performances but tonight kudos to him, he did well. Keep it up.

15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

16,239 Messages
    12,905 Likes Received
    The INT was arguably the most impressive tight window throw he made all night. That was a dart.

Off the top of my head, he really only had 1 poor read which should have been a pick if the LB doesn't tip it away from the Safety. Overall great game, facing a ton of pressure

16. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

2,144 Messages
    2,550 Likes Received
    Dak is a great QB but I am still a firm believer that the staff has to get better with the run scheme/run blocking scheme to make us a more effective team. But unfortunately I don’t have faith in this staff.

17. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

12,242 Messages
    2,825 Likes Received
    :laugh:

jazzcat22 and RustyBourneHorse like this.
  18. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

21,073 Messages
    24,378 Likes Received
    You mean how receivers and backs where adjusting for Brady. Go back and watch the first pick he threw to Fornette and tell me that was accurate.

Dak by far had the hardest task when comparing teams. Even if they played close as good, Dak gets the edge because Tampa has a superbowl winning elite defense. Dallas defense broke records for how bad they were.

Dak played better than Brady last night, doesn't mean Dak is the better QB..... well not yet

19. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

21,073 Messages
    24,378 Likes Received
    Dak had a few bad throws but doesn't take away from how great he played. No QB will play without a bad pass or even a few.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  20. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

2,144 Messages
    2,550 Likes Received
    Both quarterbacks played great, hard to say who outplayed who. It’s amazing what Brady is doing at his age!