Dak is currently carrying this team on his shoulders

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hence Dak is not carrying the team but rather the team is carrying the team.
They both compliment each other. I’m not sure we could argue this is 5-1 team without Dak.

Which makes him individually the most important piece. Not the only piece, no doubt the supporting cast is critical and should be noted as there are other teams he wouldn’t be having the same level of success with , but if you picked only one player he would be the most devastating loss especially considering who’s sitting on the bench.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm thinking Wilson skying and making a very tough catch on fourth down had a little to do with it. Does that mean Wilson carried us on his shoulders?

When we've lost games like that, it hasn't necessarily been because of the quarterback. Drops, pressure, etc., have killed us at times. Dak played great, but this is a team game and it took a team effort to win. Let me put it this way: Remember the receiving corps that we had before acquiring Cooper a few years back? Do you think Dak could have carried the team on his shoulders and won this game with that receiving corps? If you do, you are fooling yourself.

This offensive line, this receiving corps, this running game, this quarterback and this play-caller are all playing a major part in our offensive success. Even this defense, with its opportunistic ways, is contributing. Do we win that game without Diggs' TD return?

Now, if the defense was better overall while being opportunistic, we might not need the offense to be as great as it has had to be at times (and we'd be 6-0).
The team won the game. Dak used his arm not the teams arm to make the throws. The players did there job. It’s a team win. But Dak could have choked and made a bad read or threw a pick instead. His game has improved and so has the teams. Need to tighten up on Defense. We have premium talent around him and it’s showing. Let’s keep it up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree. The way he fumbled into the end zone on one series and threw a pick into the end zone on another was super clutch.

This guy's carrying everyone.
Guess Romo would have pulled that out. He has never choked. And the 3rd amd goal he sure looked like half his body was over the goal line. Kicker missed a FG also. But he was clutch in the chargers game. Team game and team win.. All I am saying is his game has improved. They took the run away and he had to throw most of the game. Sure helps having good players around him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I certainly remember Andy Dalton being coached by the Guru Kellen Moore, but we didn't have the same outcome .

I would have to agree ,
so let me get this straight,

andy had this 2 headed run game, behind this OL, and that DC with this defense this year??

Odd i didn't see Andy playing with our team this year with this heathy roster in this exact situation. such ignorant views making comps without on field proof..Do we have proof or was there a alternate universe portal that we can see another qb like a dalton or Keenum play with this very team the first 6 weeks for actual proof.

Dak struggled lasts year to win before he got hurt turned it over bunch, the team wasn't good..when andy took over it got worse many more OL went down every game he got the crud and got concussion over that bad OL play,, zeke wasnt healthy , was fumbling, pollard wasn't doing anything at all behind that OL, we had no defense most of the year..

Do we have proof or was there a alternate universe portal that we can see another qb like a dalton or Keenum play with this very team the first 6 weeks for actual proof..

no we dont this is TEAM having a great season and while daks a large part of it , he was also part of the 2019 second half collapse, the first 8 games of 2018 collapse, and the stat of 2020 was not pretty 2 wins in 5 games and lots of turnovers.. Daks somehow carrying this team by himself, hes the only key?? hes not LMAO

yes daks playing great but once again rockports bromance with constantly starting ONLY DAK posts like 80% of his posts all have Dak undertones is being a true homers a little bias my friend..

Dak and his TEAM have us at 5-1..not just dak..lest keep it there

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess Romo would have pulled that out. He has never choked. And the 3rd amd goal he sure looked like half his body was over the goal line. Kicker missed a FG also. But he was clutch in the chargers game. Team game and team win.. All I am saying is his game has improved. They took the run away and he had to throw most of the game. Sure helps having good players around him.

Boy that's a far cry from "he put them on his shoulders and carried them". Which is what you said.

He carried nothing.

CWR

Reaction score
Boy that's a far cry from "he put them on his shoulders and carried them". Which is what you said.

He carried nothing.

Yes, who better than you to evaluate? Your track record is super reliable. If only you had ties to the front office. Would've been nice to give up multiple first rounders and get your boy Wentz, or shall I say "the next Tom Brady?"

Unfortunately we ended up with only a "back up level talent" in the fourth.

Please keep scouting and sharing your valuable insight.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Sure but the catalyst of a top offense is the QB.....it has to be unless they are running the wildcat every play. By design the QB has to be great for an offense to be great.......

So in TENN Tannehill is the catalyst and not Henry?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a flat out lie. He may have the best 4 wr's in football going from 1-4. His offensive line is awesome. Pollard is underrated. While the defense hasn't been great, the turnovers have been. Far from carrying the team.
Buccaneers have Godwin, Evans and Brown as RECEIVERS. Arguably 3 Pro Bowl caliber receivers....all on pace to have 1k receiving yards......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sure but the catalyst of a top offense is the QB.....it has to be unless they are running the wildcat every play. By design the QB has to be great for an offense to be great.......
Normally these same people would say its all on the QB win or losses...but now its on the "team" lol.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say it. The defense isn't very good. People don't really know that yet because 1) its far better than it was last year and 2) they get turnovers but I hate to see what happens in a game where a team commits to running the football.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The team won the game. Dak used his arm not the teams arm to make the throws. The players did there job. It’s a team win. But Dak could have choked and made a bad read or threw a pick instead. His game has improved and so has the teams. Need to tighten up on Defense. We have premium talent around him and it’s showing. Let’s keep it up.

And Wilson used his hands, not the team's hands, to make that fourth-down catch. We don't have to build one player up as carrying the team on his shoulders in order to appreciate his contributions to the effort. The quarterback touches the ball more than any other offensive player (except the center), so he usually receives an inordinate amount of praise when the offense does well.

I think there's a tendency by some of this board to overly praise Prescott because there are some on here who have been overly critical of him. I'm appreciative of the job he's doing, but also the job the rest of our offensive personnel and our coordinator and coach are doing on that side of the ball. If we can get the defense to step it up even just a little, it might be enough to get us what we want this year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Let me ask you this: In the Green Bay playoff game in 2014 where Murray fumbled on what looked like it would be a touchdown run, was that Romo choking? If Wilson had dropped that fourth-down pass against New England, would that have been Prescott choking?

Too much is blamed or credited to the quarterback in wins and losses. It's a team game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Did Henry pass for the 1300 yards or was that just luck? Again Josh Allen has 200 more yards I dont hear anyone saying his running game is the only reason he can pass.

Did Henry do just as good with the other QB....again Henry can not carry a team with a QB that is not good....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Literally that is what he is saying....just as if you put any of those QB's on the Jets or Texasn they will not be winning because the talent around them is not good enough....No 1 player lifts any team to a SB....but if you collect a lot of good talent on offense and put them with a QB that can not get the ball to them, they will not be good players that year....All the top offenses have a top talent all over its why they are top offenses.....none of them have a QB problem as that is where the ball starts and it needs to be delivered to said talent...
Oh leave him.be....he just like to complain...sometimes does not know what he is complaining about....he is a grumpy old man

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak is no doubt the standout player and team MVP, but the Cowboys for the first time in a long time are playing complimentary football. That is what will propel them to a Championship.
100% this. If Dak has to carry this team then we aren't going to do much come playoff time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you remember how Titans were before they got Tannehill? A good example how a formidable QB can complement his support as he didn’t fare as well in Miami.

Put Dak on the Jets or Lions for example and he wouldn’t be doing as well either.