Dak is currently carrying this team on his shoulders

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Normally these same people would say its all on the QB win or losses...but now its on the "team" lol.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say it. The defense isn't very good. People don't really know that yet because 1) its far better than it was last year and 2) they get turnovers but I hate to see what happens in a game where a team commits to running the football.
Right

But the problem is these type of threads are intended to Troll the Trolls.

pansophy

Reaction score
Normally these same people would say its all on the QB win or losses...but now its on the "team" lol.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say it. The defense isn't very good. People don't really know that yet because 1) its far better than it was last year and 2) they get turnovers but I hate to see what happens in a game where a team commits to running the football.
The data backs this up. Red Zone defense is still near the bottom of the league. Turnovers are covering up a lot of flaws. We are playing inconsistently on offense too -- our explosiveness is covering up for poor Red Zone offense as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The data backs this up. Red Zone defense is still near the bottom of the league. Turnovers are covering up a lot of flaws. We are playing inconsistently on offense too -- our explosiveness is covering up for poor Red Zone offense as well.
It will exposed against better teams .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I think every team in the league has strengths and weaknesses and they change when playing diferent teams....This is not the 90's Cowboys because well the cap era makes this almost impossible...it is as a complete team as any other though in they have many strengths to go with few weaknesses.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let me ask you this: In the Green Bay playoff game in 2014 where Murray fumbled on what looked like it would be a touchdown run, was that Romo choking? If Wilson had dropped that fourth-down pass against New England, would that have been Prescott choking?

Too much is blamed or credited to the quarterback in wins and losses. It's a team game.
1 - I agree.. It’s a team game. No question about it. WR catch catchable balls. And sometimes make a great catch.

2 - Do not automatically put me in a category of pro Dak or Dak hater please. All I am saying is he has elevated his game. He is making the plays in need to situations. That’s it. He is playing better.

3 - Romo for sure has made mistakes in games throwing multiple picks or mistakes. I call it choking because it seems to be a term people like to use. When he makes the great play at the end and wins then Romo haters say it was a great catch by the WR or the O-Line gave him time. I say see #1.. Team game.

Haters have a agenda of finding alternate reasons or excuses when we (I say we because it’s a team game) win because they don’t want to give the person they hate credit. But when we (I say we because it’s a team game) lose they are happy especially if there is a fumble or pick by the qb so they can blame the one they hate. Totally agree on the credit and blame to one player. But the QB and even HC lives and dies by wins and losses that a whole team effects.

Dak is our QB for a long time and I support him like I did Romo. Both were underdogs really. Undrafted and drafted in the 4th. Awesome really.

4 - Number 4 is a favor I ask of you. And that is please don’t bring up that fumble in the packers playoff game. I have night mares over it. If that’s not a fumble it changes the way both sides play the game. Like now playing the packers we are better bringing pressure at rogers. Frustrated him and we had success. Give him time and he kills us. Was the murray fumble the same game as the Dez catch no catch. That wouldn’t have been a bog deal if murray holds on to that.

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak is carrying the offense all by himself? So I guess the running game hasn't helped, nor has the o-line or all the turnovers the defense is getting.

Cool story, though....

When the team loses it's a team loss, but when they're winning it's because Dak is carrying the team all by himself. Do I have this right???

Dak wouldn't agree with this comment and insist it's a team effort, so why do his underwear munchers insist he is carrying the team all by himself?
Here is a thought- Dak is perfect in overtime, and was as clutch as any QB in the league getting that daggar touchdown to Lamb as he scrambled.
Also the fact that the offense put up more yards than any other team against billicik should tell you something.

He was on the same pace last year before he went down, but our defense wasn't up to snuff and we weren't playing as a team! To suggest Dak
isn't putting the team on his back is crazy.. It's not like our defense is dominant, not even close.... You do realize he is in the MVP talks right?
That basically means that people around the league believe we REALLY need him, his importance can not be understated.

There is no QB in the history of the NFL that carried a team that didn't have help from it's players. If you believe our offense would be #1 in the league
with Andy Dalton at QB I would say you're delusional...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Boy that's a far cry from "he put them on his shoulders and carried them". Which is what you said.

He carried nothing.
Yeah yeah I get it. You dislike our current QB. If he threw a pick on the last drive you would be elated.

But Yes.. Yes he did., took the snaps and took the ball and did his job.

If brady makes those same plays at the end of the game then he took them on his back once again and got the win. And I am not comparing the 2 so don’t start.

But Dak does it and it’s the team. If we didn’t have a good Offense and players we would not have had the opportunity and Dak threw a pick so if he throws a strike instead then it would not been needed at the end. But it happened and at the end Dak and the TEAM made the plays. Multiple players on our TEAM made mistakes in that game. QB get credit and blame. Just the way it goes. Could dalton have made those plays at the end.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 - I agree.. It’s a team game. No question about it. WR catch catchable balls. And sometimes make a great catch.

2 - Do not automatically put me in a category of pro Dak or Dak hater please. All I am saying is he has elevated his game. He is making the plays in need to situations. That’s it. He is playing better.

3 - Romo for sure has made mistakes in games throwing multiple picks or mistakes. I call it choking because it seems to be a term people like to use. When he makes the great play at the end and wins then Romo haters say it was a great catch by the WR or the O-Line gave him time. I say see #1.. Team game.

Haters have a agenda of finding alternate reasons or excuses when we (I say we because it’s a team game) win because they don’t want to give the person they hate credit. But when we (I say we because it’s a team game) lose they are happy especially if there is a fumble or pick by the qb so they can blame the one they hate. Totally agree on the credit and blame to one player. But the QB and even HC lives and dies by wins and losses that a whole team effects.

Dak is our QB for a long time and I support him like I did Romo. Both were underdogs really. Undrafted and drafted in the 4th. Awesome really.

4 - Number 4 is a favor I ask of you. And that is please don’t bring up that fumble in the packers playoff game. I have night mares over it. If that’s not a fumble it changes the way both sides play the game. Like now playing the packers we are better bringing pressure at rogers. Frustrated him and we had success. Give him time and he kills us. Was the murray fumble the same game as the Dez catch no catch. That wouldn’t have been a bog deal if murray holds on to that.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. It's like I wrote that myself....or WISHED i had!

1) Team game...check. It's clear the team is feeding off each other.....they are taking advantage of situations the other gives them. There's no ONE thing that's doing it.

2) Why do people want to box everyone in one or the other? I think it makes them feel better about themselves and that they are REALLY...in the know. More than anyone else.
We can both appreciate Dak's evolution...and still have fair criticisms. No one statement or even a string defines that.
3) Romo actually was NOT a choker. HE did have some inopportune errors. But people forget...WHY we had the chance to begin with. Because the defense stopped people? Hardly.
A good example is against Manning and the Broncos. Tony went toe to toe with Manning and had to go out there time afetr time after time. The last one....finally got him. Incredible game though.
I'd go ahead and post the career numbers like have before but it doesn't seem to matter.
4) That fumble.....oh my god. If I remember right..the packers scored then, then scored AGAIN at the start of the 2nd half. Not sure I;ve ever seen such a critical play not ending of the game. And so out of the blue! Heartbreaking.
Sorry I brought it up....:( .... I am in the same boat.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Yes, it was the same game. Don't know what the outcome would have been since our defense could rarely hold a lead, but there have been plenty of losses over the year that were not on the quarterback, but for some reason, we count losses against the QB. I don't understand it, unless most fans are so simple-minded that they can only credit or blame one player. I'd love to see W-L taken away as a category for judging quarterbacks, since it isn't used to judge the merit of any other player. No one says Adrian Peterson isn't a Hall of Fame back because his team never won a Super Bowl. It takes a team to get it done. Players should stand on the merits of their play, not on W-L losses.

The merits of Prescott's play is that he's playing at a very high level. He's not carrying the team on his shoulders. He's not solely responsible for wins or losses, etc. He's a major cog in the success we've been having, but we also wouldn't be having that success without a strong running game, one of the top offensive lines, a top-notch receiving corps, good play-calling and even without an opportunistic defense. If this team was not getting all of the turnovers it has been getting, it's hard to say we'd be 5-1 right now. I don't think we would despite all the other things that we have.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah yeah I get it. You dislike our current QB. If he threw a pick on the last drive you would be elated.

If brady makes those same plays at the end of the game then he took them on his back once again and got the win. And I am not comparing the 2 so don’t start.

But Dak does it and it’s the team. If we didn’t have a good Offense and players we would not have had the opportunity and Dak threw a pick so if he throws a strike instead then it would not been needed at the end. But it happened and at the end Dak and the TEAM made the plays. Multiple players on our TEAM made mistakes in that game. QB get credit and blame. Just the way it goes. Could dalton have made those plays at the end.

The thing to remember.....how did Dak get that chance? The DEFESNE stopped them! @Diehardblues can poopoo the D all he wants (ridiculously...like he wants first dibs on our demise "told ya" moment) ....but they are making a difference, taking pressure off Dak...and getting better all the time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes, it was the same game. Don't know what the outcome would have been since our defense could rarely hold a lead, but there have been plenty of losses over the year that were not on the quarterback, but for some reason, we count losses against the QB. I don't understand it, unless most fans are so simple-minded that they can only credit or blame one player. I'd love to see W-L taken away as a category for judging quarterbacks, since it isn't used to judge the merit of any other player. No one says Adrian Peterson isn't a Hall of Fame back because his team never won a Super Bowl. It takes a team to get it done. Players should stand on the merits of their play, not on W-L losses.

The merits of Prescott's play is that he's playing at a very high level. He's not carrying the team on his shoulders. He's not solely responsible for wins or losses, etc. He's a major cog in the success we've been having, but we also wouldn't be having that success without a strong running game, one of the top offensive lines, a top-notch receiving corps, good play-calling and even without an opportunistic defense. If this team was not getting all of the turnovers it has been getting, it's hard to say we'd be 5-1 right now. I don't think we would despite all the other things that we have.
I agree with every freaking word you just said.

When I said he took the team on his shoulders I was talking about the last 2 drives when you need a QB to be playing lights out and he did just that. He took a great group of butt kickers and kicked butt. But it’s a group.

Made a few mistakes along the way as well as a missed FG and PLENTY OF FLAGS. And I think he threw a pick in the end zone. Clean up half of those mistakes as well as calling that 3rd and goal a TD since half of his body was over the line and then reviewing the score and this TEAM wouldn’t have needed OT.

I am still and baffled by that 3rd down. They start to call it a TD and then acted like they wanted to see where the runner was. Looked at it and said no. 99% of the time they call that and review it. If it’s called the not enough evidence to over turn the decision. What do you think about it.

But again I agree with what you are saying. To much blame and glory goes to one player. But it’s the nature of the game for most.

terra

Reaction score

When I said he took the team on his shoulders I was talking about the last 2 drives when you need a QB to be playing lights out and he did just that. He took a great group of butt kickers and kicked butt. But it’s a group.

Made a few mistakes along the way as well as a missed FG and PLENTY OF FLAGS. And I think he threw a pick in the end zone. Clean up half of those mistakes as well as calling that 3rd and goal a TD since half of his body was over the line and then reviewing the score and this TEAM wouldn’t have needed OT.

I am still and baffled by that 3rd down. They start to call it a TD and then acted like they wanted to see where the runner was. Looked at it and said no. 99% of the time they call that and review it. If it’s called the not enough evidence to over turn the decision. What do you think about it.

But again I agree with what you are saying. To much blame and glory goes to one player. But it’s the nature of the game for most.

That not TD just once again shows the overall CRAP that is the NFL officials.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. The only reason I don't panic is because I expect this stuff to get corrected as the season goes on and with guys coming back from injury....but make no mistake....this defense has some issues.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The pick is a good example. That's one play where it appeared to be on him, He had the protection. The receiver won his route. And Dak just threw it behind him. Individually, we can judge that. I don't have a problem blaming him for the breakdown on that play.

Often, though, when we see an interception, it happened because of a line breakdown that caused pressure or because a receiver ran a poor route or the wrong route. The quarterback still gets blamed for the interception, but it wasn't really his fault.

Our tendency is to want to capsulize performances with wins and losses, TDs vs. ints., etc., when there's much more to the picture. And I'm not just saying that concerning Dak, but all quarterbacks. He did a fantastic job of executing late in that game against New England, but so did the rest of the offense and that's why we won. We could even give the defense some degree of credit since it had to hold the Patriots on the first possession of overtime. The defense falters there and we're viewing that game in a different light. We're dwelling on the interception. We're dwelling on the missed TD call (more than we're already doing). We're dwelling on the early fourth-down failure (more than we're already doing).

I guess some need to boil it all down to Dak carried the team on his shoulders, but his play is really only a part of why we won. And without those other parts, some might be saying Dak blew that game by throwing an interception.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The thing to remember.....how did Dak get that chance? The DEFESNE stopped them! @Diehardblues can poopoo the D all he wants (ridiculously...like he wants first dibs on our demise "told ya" moment) ....but they are making a difference, taking pressure off Dak...and getting better all the time.

Well.. bellycheat didn’t invent the wheel for this game. He did what teams have been doing to beat us. Stack the line and stop the run. Make Dak use his arm. We have the O-Line and receivers to get it done. And Dak improved his game. If not for mistakes we made OT wouldn’t have been needed.

But bellycheat went back to our weakness from the last few years and that is running on us. He kept cool and kept running the ball and picking up yards on early downs until we stopped it then he went to the pass and our Defense gave up yards there. Now we got plays when we needed. Diggs pick 6 was lucky. Went through the guys hands and Diggs has good reflexes and picked and gone. Very next play him and Kazee gives up 75 yards. Had Diggs been watching he had another pick 6. I really think he lost track of the ball. Only inches from hitting it. Kazee should have jumping it but they both backed off. Was gross.

If that play was deflected and there is no OT. Our Defense has got to stop the run early on teams while our Offense piles up points. When we don’t then we will see game after game of mail biters.

Bet the Vikings stack the line. Teams will go back to this. But if we can run the ball we will crush teams trying this blueprint. So far tampa and pats did it. I really thought we should have pounded the ball more in the pats game. But when your receivers are getting open so well it’s hard to resist the pass. Lol.

Our Defense is getting better and healing up. Soon Gallimore and D-Law will be back. Fresh rotation is key. Stop the run and bring the heat for 3 quarters and we are up by 21 going into the 4th.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did Henry pass for the 1300 yards or was that just luck? Again Josh Allen has 200 more yards I dont hear anyone saying his running game is the only reason he can pass.

Did Henry do just as good with the other QB....again Henry can not carry a team with a QB that is not good....
whats your point, Bortles played in AFCCG, goff and wentzs/foles were in Sbs, so thats moot. The team carried them but they did their part. This is team a game... daks playing with great team with momentum right now..

Dak a big reason we are winning and winning big ,bit hes not the only reason we are winning..

i mean if this were the case what happened in 2017, the first 8 game -Coop in 18 and the finish in 2019 and the bad start team wise in 2020 with dak..sure seems to me the OL being healthy, the run game, the defense and coaching is the reason we are winning as a team with Dak doing his part on high level but no way daks carrying anything on his own.,.

daks makes what would be very good offense , great, nearly unstoppable but its still good without him..his is why Bortles, foles, goff, dilfer, flacco etc etc can be in SBS but they aren't elite or great, special whatever you call it..how far did Case keenum take the Vikes before they got and over paid Cousins..? pretty far, he supposed to be a backup..this is and always be a team game win or lose..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
whats your point, Bortles played in AFCCG, goff and wentzs/foles were in Sbs, so thats moot. The team carried them but they did their part. This is team a game... daks playing with great team with momentum right now..

Dak a big reason we are winning and winning big ,bit hes not the only reason we are winning..

i mean if this were the case what happened in 2017, the first 8 game -Coop in 18 and the finish in 2019 and the bad start team wise in 2020 with dak..sure seems to me the OL being healthy, the run game, the defense and coaching is the reason we are winning as a team with Dak doing his part on high level but no way daks carrying anything on his own.,.

daks makes what would be very good offense , great, nearly unstoppable but its still good without him..his is why Bortles, foles, goff, dilfer, flacco etc etc can be in SBS but they aren't elite or great, special whatever you call it..how far did Case keenum take the Vikes before they got and over paid Cousins..? pretty far, he supposed to be a backup..this is and always be a team game win or lose..

Yeah I never said Dak was carrying anything...I said an offense can not be great if the QB is not playing great....Im not sure anyone call the Bortles offense great...You can have a great team without a great offense...but your offense is not going to be ranked in the top 3 if the QB is not playing great...You can have a great running offense and great defense and make the SB odds in todays NFL are you probably will not win though if you can not pass the ball. So saying Henry is carrying the Titans offense is not a correct statement as they are passing it with effeciency also.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I certainly remember Andy Dalton being coached by the Guru Kellen Moore, but we didn't have the same outcome .

I would have to agree ,
Not true. Dalton and Dak had comparable results (and a better win % with Dalton) when Martin was in the lineup (which was still not nearly as good of a line as they've been this year). Whole picture, not one player.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So the "TEAM" made plays while the QB "carried them on his shoulders".

Anything else?

glimmerman

Reaction score
So the "TEAM" made plays while the QB "carried them on his shoulders".

Anything else?
Dak put the TEAM on your back and you carried them to victory. Thanks. Hows 4 years and 80 million. I will guarantee 50 million. Get with your agent and let me know.