Dak is going to force another receiver out

GINeric

Reaction score
No, he was traded like Khalil Mack, who was basically the defensive MVP that very season with the Bears. Its like saying that if Khalil Mack was all that, he wouldn’t have been traded, which is a ridiculous take.

Raiders asked a lot for both and got a lot for both.

I just thought about something.... now you said Cooper and Mack were traded away SOLELY for the Raiders to stock up on draft picks. I can see them doing that for Mack but Cooper was traded because he was not producing enough to justify being paid top dollar.

Maybe you can explain why both Cooper and Mack are on their 3rd team. People don't just let special players bounce around from team to team do they???

Hadenough

Reaction score
First Dez Bryant, then Amari Cooper and soon to be CeeDee Lamb

Why isnt he being held accountable and when does it stop? He clearly cant throw to into tight windows with proper ball placement.
Dak got Dez, Cooper and Gallup all hurt with errant throws. The game is dangerous enough without having to constantly make circus catches from your QB.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Cooper was forced out of Oakland.... was that Dak's fault???

Dez was forced out of New Orleans and Baltimore, was that Dak's fault too??

I'll wait.....

Dak tore his achilies in his 1st practice with NO, whatever he had left as a receiver was done at that point, but he wasn't forced out of NO he was injured and out for the season and at that point the Saints released him

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First Dez Bryant, then Amari Cooper and soon to be CeeDee Lamb

Why isnt he being held accountable and when does it stop? He clearly cant throw to into tight windows with proper ball placement.
Ahh, got tired of Days of our Lives, so lets see what other soap opera we can create ...

raven55

Reaction score
this a failure from start to finish all these big contracts that the so called gm's have put to ink are a major problem and the players being rewarded for failure even if it's there fault, i will never post another comment even if it's based on fact because the people in the fan base just want to keep on hoping and any one that says other wise is a hater. But i will say when dak takes us beyond the playoffs to the super bowl is when pigs fly and arizona becomes ocean front property. and its not gonna change in the far future because jerry has an ego that is like the old berlin wall and until he passes and stephen drinks and parties to much and has to sell it's not gonna change

dogberry

Reaction score
Are we bringing 2 QBs and the Long Snapper up from the practice squad?

If yes, who gets cut to make room?

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak tore his achilies in his 1st practice with NO, whatever he had left as a receiver was done at that point, but he wasn't forced out of NO he was injured and out for the season and at that point the Saints released him

Well why didn't the Saints retain him and keep him on IR for future use??

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Well why didn't the Saints retain him and keep him on IR for future use??

His Age and coming off an achillies injury (always hard to come back from), another year going by without playing...moving on to younger receivers in the draft....etc, etc, etc use your brain man

Flamma

Reaction score
It takes 5 seconds to find Jerry's comments on Amari when he missed games last year (Cowboys losses) for a preventable reason. That's why he's gone.

As for Dez Bryant, he caught 6 passes the rest of his NFL career. :rolleyes:

I've read Jerry's incoherent babblings on the subject, and I still think it was contract related. This was the year I thought he'd be gone the moment he signed the contract. It made sense, and his cap hit didn't. Whoever manages the cap was probably preparing for that too.

I say this because even though Jerry was probably not happy at the time, it's meaningless at this point. Him not taking the shot was not the reason Dallas lost to the 49ers, and is meaningless going forward.

kevm3

Reaction score
Cooper was forced out of Oakland.... was that Dak's fault???

Dez was forced out of New Orleans and Baltimore, was that Dak's fault too??

I'll wait.....

Exactly. What did Dez do once he left the Cowboys?

And Dak revitalized Cooper's career. He was thought of as being apathetic and a slight bust, which is why Oakland traded us to him in the first place.

Cooper got traded because I guess Jerry was mad at him for not getting the Corona shot and his contract size. Had little to do with his performance.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dak got Dez, Cooper and Gallup all hurt with errant throws. The game is dangerous enough without having to constantly make circus catches from your QB.
How did this throw get Gallup hurt? The CB was in Gallups pocket and the S was coming over the top. So Dak's throw to Gallup's back shoulder was his best choice... if not, in your opinion where should he have thrown it?

@Jenky @Captain-Crash @PAPPYDOG
Feel free to answer this since yall gave this nonsense post a like. Here's yall chance to show the football knowledge yall brag so much about...

Video of the play:

kevm3

Reaction score
No doubt Coop had some beef with Dak or Jerry or both. You do not just dump a WR who opens up the entire offense unless you get butt hurt over something

You know this organization is run by clowns when Jerry shells out a huge contract for Zeke then hires an OC who down right hates the run game and could care less about it. Then proceeds to rid themselves of the best offensive weapon then promotes an unproven number one WR that's best attribute is yardage after the catch but pays an epic amount for a QB that can not hit recievers in stride nullifying your WR1 best ability

If Lamb played with Mahomes, Rodgers, or any other QB who can hit recieves in stride no doubt in my mind he would put up some ridiculous numbers

Green Bay got limited to 7 points against the Vikings, so doesn't look like Aaron Rodgers did that much better than us.

kevm3

Reaction score
I’d say Dak “forced” Dez out IMO…..Romo had no problem getting Dez involved, Dak couldn’t, Romo Was better than Dak. He had amazing seasons with Dez, TO, Austin, and even got Laurent Robinson paid. Dak just can’t seem to get his #1 receivers the ball enough, lacks accuracy to make those tight throws.

Romo got a prime Dez and even when Dez was here, there were cries on how bad of a route runner Dez supposedly was. TO is one of the best wide receivers all time, so who wouldn't have an amazing season with TO? Cedric Wilson was Dak's Laurent Austin and Miles Austin. How did Dak break the Cowboy record for passing touchdowns if he can't get his receivers the ball?

GINeric

Reaction score
Exactly. What did Dez do once he left the Cowboys?

And Dak revitalized Cooper's career. He was thought of as being apathetic and a slight bust, which is why Oakland traded us to him in the first place.

Cooper got traded because I guess Jerry was mad at him for not getting the Corona shot and his contract size. Had little to do with his performance.

Someone brought up that Cooper was traded from the Raiders because of draft picks. Thats bologna.... people don't just get rid of great young players, they keep them. He's a great route runner but he don't have heart and he disappear too much in crucial moments. If Cooper was so great, he wouldn’t be on his 3rd team in less than 10 years in the league.

GINeric

Reaction score
His Age and coming off an achillies injury (always hard to come back from), another year going by without playing...moving on to younger receivers in the draft....etc, etc, etc use your brain man

I have used my brain. Im smart enough to know that Dak didn't isn't the reason Dez and Cooper didn't succeed. He definitely didn't force them out. That was the original topic of this thread, correct??