Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sadly its a pattern we see after Dakota has to play a good defense. It makes it seem that their main reason for loving on Dak is that hes their NON-Romo.

The Romo era ended long ago and Dakotas era is on the way out

I could give 2 craps on what Romo did or didnt do. Im for the Right Now

Some of us liked Romo and Dak.

Personally, I feel like the things holding us back from success the last 10+ years haven’t been the QB. That’s not to say Dak is perfect of course. I do believe there are bigger fish to fry than the QB position though.

But yeah. It was clear when Romo played that he wasn’t the problem. It’s the defense and coaching. It’s always been the defense and coaching. Romo’s o line didn’t do him any favors for a few years there either.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
He seems to be thinking too much when out there now. He has definitely regressed this season.

He also isn't going to be a guy that will make guys around him better. He needs the talent/help around him. Brady's don't fall from trees every draft.

The offensive line needs to be addressed too. They are all out of sorts.

Still, would like to see what a new staff can bring to the table with some of these players.

In regards to Dak being a franchise QB? Maybe, but, there's been a lot worse for teams that were deemed "franchise". Is Dak elite? Naw, dont' think so , but, he could possibly get the job done if he went back to playing football, using his feet more.

I do think the contract stuff is in his head. How much risk of injury does he take now? I am sure he thought he would be signed by now.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
When many here, in the media and Hall of Famer Troy Aikman were saying "you either have it or you don't" with regards to passing accuracy this is what we meant.

Sure, Dak got some coaching and worked on his fundamentals and saw some progress in practice and early on against the weakest defenses in the league.

Unfortunately, when it gets real and the pressure mounts, when there is no time to think just to react, the tendency is for us humans to revert to our base instincts and the training goes out the window.

In other words, you either have it or you don't.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak threw for 334 yards 1 TD 0 INT.

Our main problem is clearly a terrible defense that gets abused by the 28th ranked offense.
Unfortunately the 2/3 of the yardage came in the 4th quarter after we were already down 24-7. We needed more of it to come when we had a chance to stay in the game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troy would throw for 5k and 35 TD’s regularly in today’s NFL. Troy was a stud.

he can probably still thread the needle.

Being a gun slinger was never Troy's style. That's not his mindset. His passing was a compliment to the offense, not the dominant factor, and his strength was precision in the entire offense, including the running game, and holding the players to a level of excellence and accountability.

condoin125

Reaction score
And Romo looked like trash when the team quit on Wade.
Thats what happens.
But I can tell by your sig you will not be intellectually honest about anything related to Dak.
This is the 2nd time you've said this and it's wrong both times....Romo was already on IR that season when the team finally quit on Wade...are you even a Boys fan?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Im fine with franchising him at this point. Honestly Im tired of paying all these sorry players.
I would not.

If the Steelers can win with good coaching and the talent they have then I would not even Franchise Dak.

You would be wasting 35 million next year.

Go get Bridgewater or Fitz and focus on running the ball!

triplets_93

Reaction score
I see a QB in Dak that is consistently under-performing.

Who knows what he's really got.

I go with what I see, and not what might be.

Cydios

Reaction score
It's both. Dak's was woefully inaccurate last night and was lucky to have not thrown a pick.

He did have a few misses, but then you see that TD drop he did to cooper and wonder where the hell that was before.