Dak is not a Franchise QB

Bluestang

Reaction score

Year 3 and nothing has changed. You can blame this on the coaches too but when the player also lacks talent the coaching can only do so much.

This front office just has no idea what they are doing. They sold the fan base the notion that Dak is a franchise QB after his rookie year.

Snake oil salesmenship.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
IF he isn't, you can't really blame the FO for believing he was after his first season fireworks.
Of course, but instead of witnessing what he did down the stretch last season, they just scapegoated and made excuses. And they even made it more "friendly" for him by diluting the talent around him and keeping the same support staff.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Year 3 and nothing has changed. You can blame this on the coaches too but when the player also lacks talent the coaching can only do so much.

This front office just has no idea what they are doing. They sold the fan base the notion that Dak is a franchise QB after his rookie year.

Snake oil salesmenship.

Same goes for Zeke . Other than his rookie year, not a franchise rb.

Last edited:

JBond

Reaction score
I really wish Dak was the answer. Even bought my son a Jersey.

In away, the repeated erratic throws are a good thing. At least we know. No massive contract. He will make a nice living as a career backup. I wish him the best. No hard feelings.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Romo never excelled at timing routes and the coaching staff never bothered to develop that skill. Dallas' coaching staff expects players to develop themselves.

Dak needs to figure out how to make his reads quicker or take off running sooner.

JustChip

Reaction score
I've been a jury is out person regarding Dak. There was enough in his first 2 years to be positive and enough to be negative. I felt he would've learned from last year and handle the pressure better this year having gone through the last half of last year. What I saw on Sunday didn't look like he has and is. It's just one game and I'll defer judgement for a few more games, but the jury is getting closer to a condemn verdict.. At this point, he has to consistently prove he can handle the pressure before the jury will acquit, 1 or 2 games won't do it.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Same goes for Zeke . Other than his rookie year, not a franchise rb.

Yea I wasn’t impressed with him either after the game. For all the talk about RBs declining from the front office they go out spend a #4 pick on a RB.

Just more of the clown show routine.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Question to OP.....15 games to be played, let's call it a year coz Dak holds the ball too long. Should we start Cooper Rush rest of the season? Trade for a QB and bench Dak immediately?

My point, he's your QB and almost certainly the best option.......let's work with that for now.

Kage

Reaction score
Dak is always a tad late with his timing routes. Supposed to throw before the receiver makes his break, but he always throws it right after they make their break. Hence the pick 6s.

HanD

Reaction score
you can hold the ball as long as you want but if the coaches call the same plays over and over again, the def is going to have your guys covered and there will be no where to throw to. does dak need to improve, of course but some of the blame lies on the staff for not coaching him up and calling poop plays.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s hard to argue with the point being relayed.

Dak has not been anticipating well at all. And he has not been releasing the ball quick enough.

What I don’t understand is, he was better at this earlier in his career. He wasn’t perfect by any means, but his accuracy and anticipation were better during his rookie season and first half of last year.

His play has fallen off a cliff since Atlanta.

The question is, are the reasons his play has fallen off, correctable? I used to think they were. But I am now second guessing that unless I start to see progress again.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The question is, are the reasons his play has fallen off, correctable? I used to think they were. But I am now second guessing that unless I start to see progress again.
Personally, I don't think they are. I think they have to be managed around and, while that may work to a certain extent throughout the regular season, when it comes to playing great defenses in the playoffs, it won't work.

LittleD

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke are showing their limitations without the "steel wall" OL which is now damaged.
Dak is not and never was expected to be a franchise QB and the Dallas FO now has to deal
with those facts as they face another decade of losses and mediocrity. Zeke also needs holes to run
as the defense stacks 8 and 9 in the box as they do not fear Dak to beat them with the long pass.
The plan to find the next Dallas franchise QB should be on the drawing board right now if they had a
real GM but, I fear that they will waste months as they try to cover up this debacle. Dak should be transitioned out
at the end of the year and Zeke in two years as a new coaching staff identifies the next generation of players and
schemes.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
IF he isn't, you can't really blame the FO for believing he was after his first season fireworks.
Yes you can blame the front office. There was a better player on the roster at the position his rookie season. Plenty of forum members here noticed Dak’s accuracy issues and poor footwork back then and were written off as Romo fan boys.