Dak is not getting the credit he deserves

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DasSchnitzel, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

5,074 Messages
    4,418 Likes Received
    I was under the assumption that edits were not allowed after someone responds to a post. I was unaware there was time limit. But hey, it still lives in my quote.

Typhus likes this.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

53,592 Messages
    17,924 Likes Received
    The only opinion that counts is Jerry Jones'.

3. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

3,141 Messages
    2,607 Likes Received
    That’s the scariest part!

BoysForLife likes this.
  4. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,273 Messages
    3,833 Likes Received
    Dak led his team to 8-8. If you’re going to take all the credit for your team’s accomplishments, you need to accept the blame too.

AmariChill and BoysForLife like this.
  5. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

4,419 Messages
    4,149 Likes Received
    Learning something new is a great accomplishment brother/sister,, no assumptions or prejudices here... :grin:

Aerolithe_Lion likes this.
  6. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,661 Messages
    14,061 Likes Received
    You’re a moron.

Rockport likes this.
  7. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,411 Messages
    4,554 Likes Received
    Ah, the classic "they started it" defense

I haven't mentioned Romo in comparison to Dak in eons. You're the one who looks like an anal orifice here

All you've proven is that Dak's merits aren't self sufficient. The only way you can make Dak resemble a competent quarterback is to tear down Romo and try to bring him down to Dak's level

No wonder you are so pissed off and defensive LOL

Philmonroe and AmariChill like this.
  8. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,661 Messages
    14,061 Likes Received
    At least I admit it. You do the same thing. You admit you don’t like Dak and I think we both know that stemmed from 2016. I just wonder why so many people lie about why they have the biases they do as if they think people actually believe them.

9. BoysForLife

3,411 Messages
    4,554 Likes Received
    So, is there a case for Dak in there somewhere?

Care to share it with us?

I'm not going to talk about something that happened 4 years ago because it doesn't help the Cowboys now

Is Dak the Cowboys *only* liability?
    No. But he's a bigger liability than many can bring themselves to admit. If his salary goes to $35+ million a year, at that point he becomes a gargantuan liability

That's what I'm interested in discussing. And that's all I'll discuss.

If you're looking to do your normal baloney and stir up a Romo fight you're barking up the wrong tree. Period. End of story

AmariChill likes this.
  10. BoysForLife

3,411 Messages
    4,554 Likes Received
    Nope. Dak gets credit in these guys minds

The blame belongs to the other guys. LOL

11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

18,551 Messages
    17,406 Likes Received
    :laugh:
    sure, whatever

Dak should not even be in the same conversation as Mahomes or Brees etc

Maybe Dak should get good enough that his team is up 20 and then he too can rack up those “garbage time” stats , LOL :facepalm:

12. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,661 Messages
    14,061 Likes Received
    At $35 million, Dak’s play would deserve criticism. At $4 million over 4 years, it didn’t deserve 90% of the criticism he got. I find it laughable people who hated him from day 1 are now trying to change the narrative to make it seem like Dak’s big pay day is the problem they have with him. Although, I agree it would become a problem, I won’t entertain that reason from people who hated him on his rookie deal. You should just leave his salary out if it and continue bashing every pass that is a few inches off and dropped by the receiver.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  13. BoysForLife

3,411 Messages
    4,554 Likes Received
    Many (myself included) have consistently said they're not sold on Dak. From day 1

If his salary goes to 20 times what he made this year, that's even a stronger argument for our position. Mentioning it is not only "not hypocritical", it's perfectly logical and consistent

By the way, any Dak defense forthcoming? Or just a progression of condemnation from Romo, to Romo adherents, to Dak critics? Can't wait to see what awaits. :laugh:

Philmonroe likes this.
  14. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,367 Messages
    2,794 Likes Received
    I'm more positive on Dak than you. This thread wasnt meant to be a Dak-is-best thread, but rather a thread to point out that he earned 4900 yards, some garbage some not, and every QB has some garbage yardage by season's end.

It's just disheartening that Dak almost set a franchise record and only gets hate for it because people dont like the 8-8 record. Dak had a good statistical year and many of the 8 losses are due to two garbage phases of the game: defense and special teams.

Idk what he will get paid or what he is worth. I just know that I think he had a solid year 4. I also know that I place so much blame on JG that I cant really judge Dak fairly. If a driver sucks, it's hard to tell if the racecar has issues or just the driver.

PA Cowboy Fan and BoysForLife like this.
  15. BoysForLife

3,411 Messages
    4,554 Likes Received
    Our team is loaded with skill position and O line talent. And he threw a ton of passes this year. He should have thrown for a lot of yards. My biggest beef with him is the fact that he still has trouble consistently making routine passes that a four-year NFL starter should be able to make with no issue. Proper reads timing and location are a consistent issue. After 4 years that's not encouraging

Philmonroe, AmariChill and morat1959 like this.
  16. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

7,778 Messages
    14,124 Likes Received
    How'd he do against legit teams with actual an actual defence? He is a fraud...through and through.

Philmonroe likes this.
  17. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

4,855 Messages
    5,157 Likes Received
    Wentz is over paid too! But Wentz biggest issue is staying healthy. He beat GB, Bears and Bill's. 3 teams Dallas couldn't handle. He even beat the Cowboys with Walk on WRs. His ceiling is much higher than Daks it's just his health that may prevent that.

Keithfansince5 and AmariChill like this.
  18. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,367 Messages
    2,794 Likes Received
    Regarding the amount of attempts, he was #6 in yards per attempt this year. That's respectable.

Jameis Winston was #5 so again it's not like stats tell the whole story but I still have to give credit where it's due, and that means that at the end of the day Dak put up 4.9k in 2019, garbage or not.

19. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

17,114 Messages
    14,060 Likes Received
    And the Cowboys beat Detroit and Miami, teams Philly couldn’t handle. Don past years there have been teams the Eagles handled that Dallas didn’t, or that Dallas handled that Philly didn’t. This year didn’t somehow become the standard. And, what about head to head? Wentz does not have a good record against the Cowboys.

20. bsbellomy

bsbellomy Well-Known Member

2,525 Messages
    2,399 Likes Received
    What about the fact that he shrunk in our biggest moments?

morat1959 and AmariChill like this.