Dak is not the answer

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Gonna forfeit here, since you're not seeing I agree with most of what you're saying. Vison=Reads=X's and O's.
Vision is separate from reads. Vision is when the QB is looking down field from inside the pocket over the LoS or rolling outside the pocket with their eyes looking at one large area of the field. Reads are when you have to check different parts of the field by turning your head slightly. By saying Dak doesn't know X's and O's is like saying he doesn't know the playbook, are you saying Dak doesn't know the playbook?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
LOL That's what Wade said. Didn't believe it then and don't believe it now.
Regardless of what you believe, there is a lot of logic in the statement, especially since people carelessly compare players by “playoff wins”... when in fact not all players have the same opportunity to participate despite equivalent performance.
For example “Dandy” Don Meredith only won one playoff game in his career, while Tony Romo won two. This is true. However someone could also come along and say, Meredith made it to two NFC championship games while Romo never even made one. This is also true. How is that even possible? The answer to that question illustrates why “playoff wins” are stupid.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Regardless of what you believe, there is a lot of logic in the statement, especially since people carelessly compare players by “playoff wins”... when in fact not all players have the same opportunity to participate despite equivalent performance.
For example “Dandy” Don Meredith only won one playoff game in his career, while Tony Romo won two. This is true. However someone could also come along and say, Meredith made it to two NFC championship games while Romo never even made one. This is also true. How is that even possible? The answer to that question illustrates why “playoff wins” are stupid.
Playoff wins are the only thing that matters. The rest is just to get in position to get playoff wins.

CWR

Reaction score
LOL, fake fan. I have no loyalty to the Vikings, only the guy QB'ing them at the moment. If they switch to Bridgewater, I'm done with them and I will never root for the Vikings over the Cowboys in the playoffs. There is nothing wrong with me supporting my hometown guy playing on the Vikings.

You changed your avatar to a freaking Viking helmet. At least u changed it to Keenum now. But in truth I could give a rats *** how any player outside of this team performs. Youve got your toes in that Viking water though, so it should he a smooth dive in when your ready lol. Maybe you could get a Keenum jersey as well, maybe attend a Vikings game. Hell if Dallas cant pull it together sounds like a nice back up plan youre working out.

One team for life. Up, down, win or lose. Aside from my freaking son playing somewhere else no one will ever associate me with another team.

But whatever floats your boat. Just dont expect to have a vikings avatar and not get punked on.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
We're back to this....

Missing 3 players is not an excuse for him to play like a backup QB. Sorry, no, there's no good excuse for the awful play from Dak. Not being able to score a single meaningful TD is not excused by not having Zeke or Smith.

I didn't say it was an excuse. He played bad IN THAT GAME. What's silly is how half these guys think a bad day means we should start Cooper Rush and give up on development lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You changed your avatar to a freaking Viking helmet. At least u changed it to Keenum now. But in truth I could give a rats *** how any player outside of this team performs. Youve got your toes in that Viking water though, so it should he a smooth dive in when your ready lol. Maybe you could get a Keenum jersey as well, maybe attend a Vikings game. Hell if Dallas cant pull it together sounds like a nice back up plan youre working out.

One team for life. Up, down, win or lose. Aside from my freaking son playing somewhere else no one will ever associate me with another team.

But whatever floats your boat. Just dont expect to have a vikings avatar and not get punked on.
Just like a so called Cowboys fan to eat your own. You are the worst. I guarantee you I have invested more money in my lifetime on supporting the Cowboys than you have. Season tickets the past 25 seasons, Several jerseys every season and other merchandizing. Custom Cowboys paint job on my pick-up and Cowboys themed man cave. One avatar does not a Cowboys fan make so go punch sand and get a life. I'm still rooting for the Cowboys but I'm rooting for Case Keenum to. If you don't like it then bite me.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
So basically, the theme here is this:

Dak Prescott, a second year passer, has had consecutive bad games while suffering from horrific pass protection, even worse playcalling, a stubborn and/or inept coaching staff, and receivers that can't gain separation.

So the solution is...move on from Dak?

Listen, I'm not blind, and I saw Prescott make a few terrible throws last night. But given the overall circumstances of the past two weeks, hey, it happens.

If we want to get into the business of dumping quarterbacks every time the boat rocks a little, we become the Cleveland Browns. No thanks.

People here are acting as if this entire dumpster fire of a season is Dak's fault, rather than a defense that gave us its customary third quarter meltdown and a bozo playing on the blindside against Atlanta in the preceding week. This team doesn't have depth. If Jerry Jones had considered the idea of injuries, we might have held our own against Atlanta and the Ickles.

And for all of those who are bemoaning the loss of Romo, yes, he was terrific -- at least when he wasn't out for months with a fractured clavicle. I don't mean that to sound critical of Romo from suffering serious injuries. I just don't think he could have played much longer.

CWR

Reaction score
Just like a so called Cowboys fan to eat your own. You are the worst. I guarantee you I have invested more money in my lifetime on supporting the Cowboys than you have. Season tickets the past 25 seasons, Several jerseys every season and other merchandizing. Custom Cowboys paint job on my pick-up and Cowboys themed man cave. One avatar does not a Cowboys fan make so go punch sand and get a life. I'm still rooting for the Cowboys but I'm rooting for Case Keenum to. If you don't like it then bite me.

You changed your avatar to a Vikings helmet, on a damn Cowboys message board what the hell do you expect? I call bs, deal with it.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
We all enjoyed a magical 2016 season with two rookies who took league by storm. As I was chest thumping I read a sobering article on how you really don't know about QB until he completes his 2nd season. My raised arms slowly dropped. I patiently waited for 2nd season and now my fears are becoming a reality. Dak Prescott was product of Zeke being top 5 dynamic player. But I held reservations until I saw him matched up with Wentz. Well, unfortunately I am here to report Cowboys search for Tony replacement should continue.

Dak has as many ints as tds against NFC teams. Dallas has 1 offensive TD in two Zeke-less games. But real problem is what I saw from other teams QB. QB so big players couldn't bring him down throwing ridiculous ropes to his avg WR core. Eagles WR did their best to keep this game close in first half by dropping passes. But talent wins out and Wentz put Jerry Jones on notice last night.

Dallas has two options: 1) Do nothing and likely lose most divisional games & divisional titles to Eagles for next 7 -10 years. 2) Make some hard sacrifices and get Franchise QB by any means possible (Btw: Philly ended up giving away total of 7 players...mix of currently NFL players & draft picks for Wentz).

The big question is does Jerry Jones have stones to pivot?
How did Troy do without Emmitt? LOL

texbumthelife

Reaction score
"archaic offense behind a patchwork offensive line with a suspect receiving core." We are talking about an offense that was averaging 30+ a game just a few games ago, right? The same one that tore through most of the league last year, right? I guess when your bus has no steering wheel, it's might go off the road a little. But I wouldn't necessarily blame the mechanic.

We are talking about the same QB who has been dynamic and incredible at times this season.

Oh, but that doesn’t fit your purview. Revisionist arguments only work in YOUR favor, right? He’s not allowed to have some bad games in his second year in the league.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

See if he is a LeBron fan also...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
My perception is that he's playing a little antsy in the pocket, which is affecting his mechanics. Good thing is, it's easy to correct.

I agree with this. The guy took a beating against Atlanta for the first time as a pro. It’s not an excuse, he has to play better. He has to get through his reads quicker and he has to be more accurate.

The biggest issue is the coaching staff still refuses and/or has no ability to adapt. He’s proven he can be deadly with his legs, but they only use read option as last resort in the red zone. He’s proven he’s dynamic when throwing on the run, but they use the exact same PA rollout everytime.

Grevus

Reaction score
My perception is that he's playing a little antsy in the pocket, which is affecting his mechanics. Good thing is, it's easy to correct.

He's playing like a second year player that doesn't trust his left tackle. He also doesn't have his safety blanket of a running back. New territory for a young inexperienced QB.