Dak just made a huge mistake

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think he should have looked at the deal and his team. Other contracts with QBs in his range. He would have found that the deal (if it was 35 a year) was fair and kept the team competitive going forward. It’s Wilson money and he said he didn’t expect or deserve that much.

His agent screwed him because he thought JJ would cave as usual. Not this time. Times maybe changing. Sounds like this deal was the one on the table from last year that the agent and Dak initially agreed to, the he let the agent or maybe even told the agent to pull our and ask for more. That may have actually ticked JJ off. JJ is old school and loves his players and this was probly a hand shake deal that was being drawn up when the pulled the plug on him. Bad move.

What I hope happens out of this is that this agent is booted and going forward when players use him that JJ and other owners or GMs refuse to work with him. Agents like him and the one that had D-Law hold off a surgery to get a deal done should be ran out of the NFL. This agent collects 28 million a year off of his clients. He will continue to make close to 30 a year. Dak could have made more than that last year and this year.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Dak & Co., made out like bandits...

His agent just ruined his client's career...

epicfailjpg-2d5a7ca98c212108.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's what happens when you worship money; it's much better if players actually play the game with love and allegiance for their team...

He made the biggest mistake of his entire life....

Hopefully, that extra few million was worth it....

It's an indicator of his poor leadership and fake desire to play the game...... Who in their right minds decides to leave the QB1 spot for the Dallas Cowboys?? Seriously, what moron does that??

Unfortunately, Dak isn't suitable to wear the Star after this year. I'm glad we discovered this before shelling out way too much money for an average QB with questionable values...
Great post. I was a big fan of his but a realistic fan of his ability. He is getting better and could end up being elite with this team around him. Now I wonder if by the time the season starts if there is fans then I wonder if they boo him at all.

Or maybe I have my panties in a bunch over this. We don’t know everything about the situation but I will say this is a bad look for him if the deal was actually for Wilson money. Whatever he will make more money this year then I will ever make. Unless my lotto numbers hit.

tayloner

Reaction score
It's a simple equation really. If he stays healthy the next two seasons, he makes $68mm, and hits free agency for a MASSIVE payday in line when new TV deals are coming into play (this is of course assuming the Cowboys don't franchise him a third time, but that seems unlikely given the $50mm price tag and their cap situation that year). If he stays healthy, it was a phenomenal decision. If he doesn't stay healthy, it's all sorts of question marks. Clearly he feels his track record of staying healthy will continue. Me, personally, I feel like that's a big risk to run and regression to the mean (injury-wise) is more likely.

But, man, I like his confidence in betting on himself. He certainly seems confident at least. These things can only be judged by how they look in hindsight, can't be judged from where we sit today. And in my mind it will come down almost exclusively if he stays healthy, because I believe it'll be hard for him to go wrong in this new offense with the weapons he has at his disposal.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I love how players are supposed to roll over or they're "clearly themselves before the team." The Cowboys could have signed him. They chose not to, and now they'll pay.

People aren't saying that. They're saying he turned down numerous very fair deals that compensated him well. And they're right. I guess you think Dak is above criticism, but he's not. If fans are unhappy with his choices, they have every right to voice that, just like they have the right to voice complaints if he throws a pick six, if he looks ill-prepared for a game, etc. He's made his choice, and he'll take heat for it. And he deserves the heat. The team needs to move on from him. Find a way to get whatever value they can and draft another quarterback.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
So if a company offers you a contract below market for your position, and you personally know that you are worth more... you would sign the contract?

*if you're self employed... pretend lol

Totally irrelevant. Dak was not offered below market. He was offered totally fair money. 100 million guaranteed, for God's sake. Most of us work in the range of 40, 50, 60K up to 120K if we're lucky per year. Dak was offered 100 million, and he's not the best QB in the league. It's ridiculous to compare that to one of us who might be worth 87K per year, but got offered 77.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
People aren't saying that. They're saying he turned down numerous very fair deals that compensated him well. And they're right. I guess you think Dak is above criticism, but he's not. If fans are unhappy with his choices, they have every right to voice that, just like they have the right to voice complaints if he throws a pick six, if he looks ill-prepared for a game, etc. He's made his choice, and he'll take heat for it. And he deserves the heat. The team needs to move on from him. Find a way to get whatever value they can and draft another quarterback.
Sure, people have "every right" to say all sorts of incorrect things: you said several of them right here. And like them, I have "every right" to call them out on it.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He'll go into damage control mode and tell everyone who'll listen how fortunate and excited he is about the opportunity to help this team win a championship.

Blah blah blah.

Save me the athlete answers.

He is an average QB who overvalues himself.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Sure, people have "every right" to say all sorts of incorrect things: you said several of them right here. And like them, I have "every right" to call them out on it.

Except they're not wrong. These are fans who are knowledgeable. They know about the salary cap. They know Dak is good, but isn't the best QB in the league. They know that no quarterback in NFL history has ever won the Super Bowl all by himself. Every single one, even the very best ones, have had outstanding teams around them. Dak is demanding to be paid so much that the team can't afford the championship talent around him that he must have. Of course the team can't gave to that BS.

Look how well John Elway did in the Super Bowl basically unarmed with just average talent around him. Then look how well he did when he went in armed with a great team around him, a powerful running game in Terrell Davis w/ a line that could open holes, and a quality defense capable of getting turnovers. It makes a MASSIVE difference how good the team around a quarterback is. You don't just sign a capable quarterback and then give him scrubs. That's guaranteed failure. And Dak isn't anywhere near as good as Elway was.

Bye, Dak.

Last edited:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
If the offer was for Wilson money then he was offered more than he admitted to deserve...
Well obviously it was something else in the terms of the contract he didnt agree to. Since the offer was around what Wilson is getting. There is absolutely nothing wrong him betting on himself.

Redline360

Reaction score
I actually cant believe Jerry held firm. It just shows Daks true colors honestly.

He was offered more than most analysts and fan base was predicting. Everyone knows he's not worth rodgers or wilson money.

Nothing wrong on betting on yourself but honestly he may have just made the worst decision of his life. He probably won't be here next year on another franchise tag. He should of took that offer and ran to the bank laughing all the way

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He’s taking a gamble. Time will tell if it works out or not.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Totally irrelevant. Dak was not offered below market. He was offered totally fair money. 100 million guaranteed, for God's sake. Most of us work in the range of 40, 50, 60K up to 120K if we're lucky per year. Dak was offered 100 million, and he's not the best QB in the league. It's ridiculous to compare that to one of us who might be worth 87K per year, but got offered 77.
I dont assume anything, I know there are millionaires on this board so when it comes to people's jobs, I put respect on everyone's name. Anyways...

I understand 35M/yr is alot but Mahomes just reset the market with 45M/yr. Dak will get no where near Mahomes, but now the market is around $40M for top 10 talent whether yall like it or not... Or whether you think Dak is top 10 or not.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
This just shows me DAK really doesnt care if he plays for the Cowboys or another team, It seems as if DAK wants to move on to another team or he would of made some type of deal in the last 2 years......Maybe DAK just wants to play elsewhere.....nothing wrong with that.....ala rekindling his relationship with Garrett in NY.... lol