Twitter: Dak leaving Adidas; signing with the Jordan Brand

MyFairLady

Reaction score
They signed Zeke too:

s-l400.jpg

Just Kidding… I know Elliott is in great shape.
LOL awesome!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And he needs all the salary cap he can possibly take up as well.

I don’t care.. I just want to see my team win football games but I’m glad they are super rich and are treated like Super Bowl champions.
what cap space? the 22M? hmmm, interesting spin

irishline

Reaction score
Yet, you never complained when Romo was the highest paid...TWICE...did ya???
:facepalm:

Highest paid what? Because he was never the highest paid QB or NFL player. His largest contract extension in 2014 made him the 8th highest paid QB. Overpaid? Oh heck yes. It was a horrible contract. But highest paid? Not even close. Now he was the highest paid Cowboy at one point in time, but that record is always going to be held by A QB regardless.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/02/nfl-quarterback-salaries-2014-aaron-rodgers-jay-cutler-matt-schaub

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2014/

Will have to wait and see what Dak delivers on this contract to see how it will be remembered. There was much talk about Romo's when it happened just as there is much talk about Dak's contract. Money aside, I will do nothing but cheer him on!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Highest paid what? Because he was never the highest paid QB or NFL player. His largest contract extension in 2014 made him the 8th highest paid QB. Overpaid? Oh heck yes. It was a horrible contract. But highest paid? Not even close. Now he was the highest paid Cowboy at one point in time, but that record is always going to be held by A QB regardless.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/02/nfl-quarterback-salaries-2014-aaron-rodgers-jay-cutler-matt-schaub

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2014/
Highest paid QB and highest paid on the team.

The point is: those complaining about Dak being overpaid never complained when Romo was overpaid. AND WE KNOW WHY!!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-leaves-adidas-signs-jordan-brand/7633579002/

The face of the Dallas Cowboys will now be repping the apparel of a different company.

Dak Prescott has left Adidas — the apparel company he partnered with since his rookie season — and signed a five-year deal with the Jordan Brand to become the company's only quarterback, a person with knowledge of the deal told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to announce the deal publicly.

The Jordan Brand is the apparel giant offshoot of Nike that is inspired by NBA legend Michael Jordan, and all Jordan Brand gear displays the "Jumpman" silhouette logo that Jordan made famous.

Prescott, 27, signed a four-year, $160 million contract with the Cowboys in March that includes up to $126 million guaranteed and a no-trade clause and prevents him from ever receiving the franchise tag again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolla bill......dolla dolla bill, yo.
Big bucks for the big man

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Highest paid QB and highest paid on the team.

The point is: those complaining about Dak being overpaid never complained when Romo was overpaid. AND WE KNOW WHY!!!

Romo was overpaid..

You don’t pay non championship QBs like they are champions and expect to win championships.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Apparently it's a requirement for every athlete to win an MVP and championship before signing an endorsement deal according to the Cowboys Zone brain trust. One of the many brilliant, fair, and well-thought out takes you'll find here at Cowboys Zone, friendly reader!

Half of y'all want Dak to turn down money apparently. "No, sorry Mr. Jordan, I can't accept this endorsement deal. I haven't won 6 rings yet and even though I've spent my life perusing perfection and have overcome countless obstacles most can't even grasp to become a pro-bowl quarterback of high character the fine fans over at CZ have set the bar for me and I can't let them down. Please keep your money, or better yet, please convert it into likes and share with the entire group."
Its just broke people being envious....mad they are in their basement and Dak is getting paid.......its sad.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
This needs to be in future contract negations with our average/above average QB's going forward. If I'm Jerry I take a save this link for the next time our guy wants to be paid like he is the greatest of all time. You can't ever make me believe Dak gets a record deal with Jordan if he is playing for the Colts. No way. Not a chance in hell.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All
Day
I
Dream.
About
Superbowls,

not sniffed by me....

so watched on tv LMAO in my jumpmans

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is so great how the players now can sign mega contracts and mega endorsement deals without ever having won jack squat.
That goes with being the Cowboys QB, but it's also part of the world today. Having boatloads of media sources, most (or all) of which are more than willing to manufacture stories even where there is no reason story, means almost anyone can get attention. What talent did the Kardasians show that merited a TV show and that led to all the money and fame? At least Dak has shown talent, even if there isn't consensus on exactly what that talent level is.