Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

Swagger

Reaction score
I did not mean to come at you. I apologize it if seems that way.

But anyone NOW saying Dak is way more durable and healthy...is wrong. He's getting busted up....and his calf was allegedly an issue this year.

Only six years and already injuires. Like any NFL player but let's not act like he isn't injured. Zeke will be gone and we may not be able to fix the o line. Trouble.
It seems untrue but I think Prescott and Wentz have played the same number of regular season games in their career (84)! I'm amazed as Wentz does seem way more fragile but yep it just goes to show.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve tried to go back and review Romo tape through the lens of those who over embellish his good qualities and I just can’t see it. As a matter fact both Dak and Romo have something the other lacks. Imagine a QB with Daks leadership, athleticism, and conservative approach paired with Romo’s football IQ, playmaking, and throwing ability. Would be unstoppable.
What do you mean by dak leadership?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve tried to go back and review Romo tape through the lens of those who over embellish his good qualities and I just can’t see it. As a matter fact both Dak and Romo have something the other lacks. Imagine a QB with Daks leadership, athleticism, and conservative approach paired with Romo’s football IQ, playmaking, and throwing ability. Would be unstoppable.
If you don't see anything inspiring in Romo's good qualities....well...I won't say it.
Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "over imbellish".
I suppose like some do with dak?

lqmac1

Reaction score
He was touted as a pretty good center in 2007, meaning when Romo was carrying the squad.

Columbo was a journeyman, Kosier was as well, Leonard Davis was a bust, Gurode played multiple years as well. None of these guys were considered premier players at their respective positions and like I said, they only made the pro bowl, because Dallas was winning and Romo made them look better than they actually were.

Basically, you just proves my point by listing journeymen guys that happened to make the pro bowl the year Romo starter.

Bradie James even made the pro bowl, despite the fact the year before, he was getting lot up in pass coverage. We had the slowest LB core in the history of the league and they couldn’t run with anybody in pass coverage, aka Akin Ayodele.

Like I said, these were nothing but over-rated players touted as something special the year of 2007 when Romo put the team back on the map.
Leonard Davis made the pro bowl 3 years in a row. A 3 time pro bowler; 2nd team all-pro is a bust lmao?

Colombo played for the Bears for two years and had a serious knee injury which caused him to get waived. We took a flyer on him and he ended up playing for us for 6 years, if I remember correctly.

Your hatred for Dak has your panties in a bunch and clouding your knowledge, or lack there of.

2007 Pro Bowlers:
Flozell Adams - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Marion Barber - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Leonard Davis - (“3x Pro Bowler; 2nd Team all pro “journeyman”)
Greg Ellis - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Nick Folk - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Andre Gurode - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Ken Hamlin - (“Journeyman”)
Terence Newman - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Terrell Owens - (“Journeyman” I guess)
Tony Romo - (Drafted* by the Cowboys)
DeMarcus Ware - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Roy Williams - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Jason Witten - (Drafted by the Cowboys)

My apologies, I said 11 Pro bowlers, it was actually 13.

Sounds like you’re discrediting the pro bowl because Romo had more pro bowl teammates than Dak. Somehow the defensive players who made the pro bowl were because of Romo?!

If you’re so miserable, stop watching the Dallas Cowboys until he’s replaced.

Facts over feelings. Beat it kid!

Blake

Reaction score
If you don't see anything inspiring in Romo's good qualities....well...I won't say it.
Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "over imbellish".
I suppose like some do with dak?

Romo wasn’t elite. Deal with it. Sorry that triggers you.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
So with Dak...it's a TEAM game.

But romo lost all those games on his own.
Got it.

Hypocrites.

Don’t know where you got that, ‘cause I never said that. Romo had a bad run of coaches and defensive meltdowns as usual. But to give him a pass is ridiculous as well. Dude choked many times in crunch time and ate up garbage time stats with the best of them. It’s time to move on from him and comparing him to the current QB is ridiculous. His legacy in Dallas is pretty straightforward. Putting him on a pedestal is laughable. In 10 years we very well may be saying the exact same thing about Dak….

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t know where you got that, ‘cause I never said that. Romo had a bad run of coaches and defensive meltdowns as usual. But to give him a pass is ridiculous as well. Dude choked many times in crunch time. It’s time to move on from him and comparing him to the current QB is ridiculous. His legacy in Dallas is pretty straightforward. Putting him on a pedestal is laughable. In 10 years we very well may be saying the exact same thing about Dak….
Check the vid I posted....and tell me again it's romos fault.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t know where you got that, ‘cause I never said that. Romo had a bad run of coaches and defensive meltdowns as usual. But to give him a pass is ridiculous as well. Dude choked many times in crunch time and ate up garbage time stats with the best of them. It’s time to move on from him and comparing him to the current QB is ridiculous. His legacy in Dallas is pretty straightforward. Putting him on a pedestal is laughable. In 10 years we very well may be saying the exact same thing about Dak….
You won't check it or admit Romo was a magician. Constant fighter.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Check the vid I posted....and tell me again it's romos fault.

I don’t have to watch a one sided video. Like I said before, his legacy in Dallas is pretty straightforward. Truth hurts you, I know. You can at least get your Romo fill on Sundays on CBS. So you can at least enjoy that I guess?

starfan1

Reaction score
Leonard Davis made the pro bowl 3 years in a row. A 3 time pro bowler; 2nd team all-pro is a bust lmao?

Colombo played for the Bears for two years and had a serious knee injury which caused him to get waived. We took a flyer on him and he ended up playing for us for 6 years, if I remember correctly.

Your hatred for Dak has your panties in a bunch and clouding your knowledge, or lack there of.

2007 Pro Bowlers:
Flozell Adams - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Marion Barber - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Leonard Davis - (“3x Pro Bowler; 2nd Team all pro “journeyman”)
Greg Ellis - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Nick Folk - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Andre Gurode - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Ken Hamlin - (“Journeyman”)
Terence Newman - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Terrell Owens - (“Journeyman” I guess)
Tony Romo - (Drafted* by the Cowboys)
DeMarcus Ware - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Roy Williams - (Drafted by the Cowboys)
Jason Witten - (Drafted by the Cowboys)

My apologies, I said 11 Pro bowlers, it was actually 13.

Sounds like you’re discrediting the pro bowl because Romo had more pro bowl teammates than Dak. Somehow the defensive players who made the pro bowl were because of Romo?!

If you’re so miserable, stop watching the Dallas Cowboys until he’s replaced.

Facts over feelings. Beat it kid!
Yea lots of folks on here telling stories like that but he may be one of the worst

I tried like hell to like Romo more than I did but his over the top fans made me sick to my stomach

then finally by 2014 I believed in him but he was broke by then

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I feel like both have their pros and cons. Romo was the better QB, as in a passer. But like Dak, both have achieved nothing. And Romo has had talented teams, like Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t have to watch a one sided video. Like I said before, his legacy in Dallas is pretty straightforward. Truth hurts you, I know. You can at least get your Romo fill on Sundays on CBS. So you can at least enjoy that I guess?
"One sided"....

Pure bs revisionist hater.

I didn't know people like you still exist. Beech about a highlight reel won't even watch. A sickness. You are sick. Sorry man.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And I totally bet you won't watch the video I posted. You don't want your brain to see Romo was a dam good qb.

Come on Blake. Prove me wrong. Watch it.

Dak cannot make magic like Romo... Dak is comfortable doing nothing when the time comes...until pay day. Then he goes sell his beds and asks Tad what to do next to get out of his mess...crime of the century...or close to it. But, Dak is better than Aikman...even Staubach. He even passes for more yards than Payton Manning!

Thank you, Jerry Jones.