Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

Nexx

Reaction score
Romo = Russell Westbrook. Take the good with the bad.

Dak = Paul George. Very good but not elite.

Dak = Tim Hardaway Jr. - can go off for 40 points with 9-13 shooting from three against a bad team and Mavs win by 20 then proceeds to go for 12 points on 2-10 from three points range and Mavs lose by 2

And just like Tim Hardaway shouldnt have been paid like he did the past season either.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Romo never winning anything does not excuse Dak not winning anything.

This mentality of "well this guy or team also sucks" to make yourself feel better about your team or players sucking is about the weakest thing I see around here.
It's one of those indicators of just how much the bar has been lowered that people talk about the Romo years as if it was a time of great success. I agree he was way better than Dak, and Dak has better weapons, but he was also prone to absolute back breaking mistakes at the worst possible time.

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
This thread has some truth. Fortunately for Dak, he has time to right the ship to his legacy.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I've been defending Dak all day, but Romo was better than Dak Those .500 teams would have been 3 - 13 without Romo.
Name one HOFer on our team right now. I will, Martin/Smith. That's it. Romo had T.O. at one point, he had Smith/Martin/Witten/Ware. His offensive line was far better than this year's offensive line. He was coached by Parcells', Wade Phillips and Garrett. If we had a weapon like TO with legit 4.3 speed and a large human being, and he also had Dez Bryant, another fast HUGE human specimen. Romo was loaded.

I think our WR core is overrated. One 4.4 guy who is injury prone, 1 second year player that isn't a great route runner, and he's still smallish with 4.4 maybe 4.5 speed. And then you have Gallup who is a 4.5 guy. We need 4.3 or 4.2 receivers, basically we need a Semi that can play. Our RB situation is being wasted right now because of our offensive line. If we need 5 HOFers for the QB, then we need 5 HOFers for the runners as well.

Aven8

Reaction score

I loved Romo. But his body couldn’t hold up and he never won anything.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Gallup and Lamb are serviceable. Neither one of them is a #1.

We’re so desperate in trying to convince our self that Lamb is the next 88 great and he just isn’t, not yet at least. He hasn’t improved whatsoever since his rookie year

Dez is levels above Cooper, Dez was an absolute stud of a receiver. Witten is LEVELS above Schultz. TO is also levels above Cooper. I’d say Austin and Cooper are equal. Not to mention, DeMarco Murray was an All Pro running back and Marion Barber wasn’t too shabby either.

Romo had weapons! Really good ones too.
You need serious professional help if you honestly believe Austin and Cooper are equivalent.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Romo on this team would be a legit Super Bowl contender, and that’s with our garbage Secondary. Seriously. Romo had his problems, but Dak is not in the same class.
Romo in his prime could make this an easy Super Bowl favorite. He would have had to be the slippery kid who was hard to sack in the pocket like he used to be. This line would have gotten him killed in his later years.

Swagger

Reaction score
Romo in his prime could make this an easy Super Bowl favorite. He would have had to be the slippery kid who was hard to sack in the pocket like he used to be. This line would have gotten him killed in his later years.
Agree about the first sentence but disagree with the second - quarterbacks are barely touched these days as defenders fear conceding 15 yard penalties for a gentle push. They used to be warriors.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Romo on this team would be a legit Super Bowl contender, and that’s with our garbage Secondary. Seriously. Romo had his problems, but Dak is not in the same class.

Romo was never a Super Bowl contender, on any team, ever. He was a chief reason why. You can’t win a Super Bowl with such a mistake-prone quarterback.

JayFord

Reaction score
what are garbage stats?

Unless youre down by double digits and its no way to comeback and the other team is in prevent giving you the under route its not garbage time

Only garbage time stats dak has this year is against Denver

i remember the qbs we had after Aikman retired and im glad to have Dak

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry did as awful of a job as you can get. There was an open window in 2007 and he quickly shut it with ridiculous drafts, trades, and coaching hires... The GM was a complete dunce right through the meat of Romo's career.

lk8701

Reaction score
Dak = Tim Hardaway Jr. - can go off for 40 points with 9-13 shooting from three against a bad team and Mavs win by 20 then proceeds to go for 12 points on 2-10 from three points range and Mavs lose by 2

And just like Tim Hardaway shouldnt have been paid like he did the past season either.

LOL. Paul George has come up small on multiple occasions in the playoffs. Tim Hardaway Jr. is more comparable to someone like Taylor Heinicke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL @ all the Romo excuses. Dude never won anything yet these guys swing off his nuts like he was all world. Danny White is the 3rd best QB in Cowboys history and it’s not even close. Romo is a distant 4th. I’ll give him this, no one ever expected him to hit a home run as a broadcaster. Hats off to him for making the most of his post NFL career.
Walk on NFL qb did pretty good. By comparison.....dak is a 4th rounder and should be miles ahead.
And people like you complain about dak hate?

GINeric

Reaction score
man, this stretch of garbage Dak play must be really hard on you…

Oh, seeing Dak going through this slump sucks. It wouldn't suck if I didn't know he was capable. Its just ironic how he was ballin out against GOOD TEAMS before his calf injury.

Hopefully he recovers and get back to doing what he was doing at first.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Walk on NFL qb did pretty good. By comparison.....dak is a 4th rounder and should be miles ahead.
And people like you complain about dak hate?

There you go, justifying Romo’s play with his draft position. Looks like more excuses again.
I’ve never had issues with criticisms towards Dak, the blind hate is my only issue and it’s pretty obvious it comes from the Romo butt lickers.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There you go, justifying Romo’s play with his draft position. Looks like more excuses again.
I’ve never had issues with criticisms towards Dak, the blind hate is my only issue and it’s pretty obvious it comes from the Romo butt lickers.
"Justifying"....so you are saying the whole draft system is completely meaningless?

I get it.....there are 1st round busts and 6th round goats.

But it doesn't mean draft spots are meaningless. According to your stupid theory we get Parsons undrafted.
Then you act like "dak haters " (I'm not) are the idiots.