Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I never got the term garbage time if the game is literally still in reach. We cut the deficit to 2 with almost 5min to play. It was 22-14 in the 4th. This was not a 40-0 game where we score some late TDs.

The game was never more than 2 scores. How was any of it garbage time?

RonWashington

Reaction score
That fumble yesterday was a memory jog. Just the kind of fumble Romo would lose .

Swagger

Reaction score
So with Dak...it's a TEAM game.

But romo lost all those games on his own.
Got it.

Hypocrites.
If that's a reference to my post then you misunderstand my point - perhaps I was ambiguous.

I have already mentioned that Romo wasn't perfect. His physical conditioning was embarrassing for many seasons. Prescott is far superior in that regard. At times Romo made boneheaded decisions. I don't disagree with that. But often he was trying to do more with less.

Prescott has never had to play the majority of a season behind a really bad o-line that allowed assault by battery. People bang on now anytime Smith misses a game. Imagine him playing behind some of Romo's lines when defenders were allowed to tee off. Jeepers. Prescott has largely had a good/very good running game - Romo had that far less often during his tenure.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Romo will bring you back when your are down , but he can also lose a big lead too. Dak the last few years can't bring you back when your down big(save ATL game) but he for the most part won't lose you big leads. So some of the boneheaded mistakes Dak has made in the 4th (even though they've won) is something Romo has done enough to actually lose games. At the same time the game yesterday is a game Romo could have come back and won.

I trust Dak way more late than Romo. I am not about to go through game by game but Romo has more back breaking INTs and bone headed plays than Dak. Romo gets the "no OL excuse" yet dak's OL has been on a steep decline since his rookie year and is terrible this year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's a reference to my post then you misunderstand my point - perhaps I was ambiguous.

I have already mentioned that Romo wasn't perfect. His physical conditioning was embarrassing for many seasons. Prescott is far superior in that regard. At times Romo made boneheaded decisions. I don't disagree with that. But often he was trying to do more with less.

Prescott has never had to play the majority of a season behind a really bad o-line that allowed assault by battery. People bang on now anytime Smith misses a game. Imagine him playing behind some of Romo's lines when defenders were allowed to tee off. Jeepers. Prescott has largely had a good/very good running game - Romo had that far less often during his tenure.

Romo played HURT a LOT. It's why he kept getting hurt. You play different when you play hurt. He never fully healed.

Dak allowed him to fully heal and we never put him back in...out of "win streak superstition". BSHT reason. Romo was the vet QB and FINALLY healthy.

Prescot got busted up last year. Hurt again THIS year. But SO superior in health? Lets see a couple more years....zeke released..and shtty oline.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak has us so much better. He's repeated already for 5 years now. Working on 6.

Why this is even a debate or issue...is baffling., We STILL have nothing. Romo's been gone for 6 YEARS and STILL.....people NEED him to compare Dak to soothe their souls.

Shows the hypocrite haters though...right?
I didn't start the thread. It's people obsessed with trying to prove that Prescott is a better QB than Romo (which apart from physical conditioning is laughable) thus requiring a response to educate the misinformed.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I didn't start the thread. It's people obsessed with trying to prove that Prescott is a better QB than Romo (which apart from physical conditioning is laughable) thus requiring a response to educate the misinformed.

Who is obsessed with this? I literally never hear Romo mentioned, ever, on this board or anywhere else aside from the broken-hearted Romo fans pining over their long, lost love. And this thread isn't saying that either - the OP is basically lumping them both on the same level.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I trust Dak way more late than Romo. I am not about to go through game by game but Romo has more back breaking INTs and bone headed plays than Dak. Romo gets the "no OL excuse" yet dak's OL has been on a steep decline since his rookie year and is terrible this year.
Dak's time is coming. Everyone wants zeke gone...oline is gonna get even worse. Busted ankle, busted calf.

I owuld have never said this before...it's occurring to me now with all your talk of Dak being more healthy than tony. Couple more years to catch up to Tony. We'll see in 6 years how it truly plays out.

Swagger

Reaction score
Romo played HURT a LOT. It's why he kept getting hurt. You play different when you play hurt. He never fully healed.

Dak allowed him to fully heal and we never put him back in...out of "win streak superstition". BSHT reason. Romo was the vet QB and FINALLY healthy.

Prescot got busted up last year. Hurt again THIS year. But SO superior in health? Lets see a couple more years....zeke released..and shtty oline.
My reference was to Prescott and the physical conditioning of his body in-between seasons. Far superior to Romo. But Romo got hurt more partly due to being defended by the wallpaper infront of him and as defenders could actually hit the QB without being worried about always giving up 15 yards.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is obsessed with this? I literally never hear Romo mentioned, ever, on this board or anywhere else aside from the broken-hearted Romo fans pining over their long, lost love. And this thread isn't saying that either - the OP is basically lumping them both on the same level.
And yet...here you are.

Romo gets mentioned frequently....as a loser...to show Dak isn;t the only loser.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak's time is coming. Everyone wants zeke gone...oline is gonna get even worse. Busted ankle, busted calf.

I owuld have never said this before...it's occurring to me now with all your talk of Dak being more healthy than tony. Couple more years to catch up to Tony. We'll see in 6 years how it truly plays out.
Well if the o-line weakens (i.e. they don't adequately replace All Pros Martin and Smith) then I fully agree with you.

Swagger

Reaction score
And yet...here you are.

Romo gets mentioned frequently....as a loser...to show Dak isn;t the only loser.
So do you think the Cowboys win a Superbowl if they had...Drew Brees at QB instead of Tony Romo? Personally I don't.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My reference was to Prescott and the physical conditioning of his body in-between seasons. Far superior to Romo. But Romo got hurt more partly due to being defended by the wallpaper infront of him and as defenders could actually hit the QB without being worried about always giving up 15 yards.
I did not mean to come at you. I apologize it if seems that way.

But anyone NOW saying Dak is way more durable and healthy...is wrong. He's getting busted up....and his calf was allegedly an issue this year.

Only six years and already injuires. Like any NFL player but let's not act like he isn't injured. Zeke will be gone and we may not be able to fix the o line. Trouble.

Blake

Reaction score
I’ve tried to go back and review Romo tape through the lens of those who over embellish his good qualities and I just can’t see it. As a matter fact both Dak and Romo have something the other lacks. Imagine a QB with Daks leadership, athleticism, and conservative approach paired with Romo’s football IQ, playmaking, and throwing ability. Would be unstoppable.

Swagger

Reaction score
Don't know...never hinted or suggested that possibility.
Fair enough. My point is if people criticise Romo for being a loser then if a Superbowl winner and highly regarded QB like Drew Brees arguably wouldn't have won with the same teams and coaches as him, then why is he a loser

Swagger

Reaction score
Fair enough. My point is if people criticise Romo for being a loser then if a Superbowl winner and highly regarded QB like Drew Brees arguably wouldn't have won with the same teams and coaches as him, then why is he a loser
I'm not having a dig at you - just a general point

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to say. I believe in the chaos theory as described by Jeff in Jurassic Park. No real way to predict these things so I don't even try. What happened...DID happen.

So far the only thing similar to dak and tony is we haven't won squat. And that isn't all on them...imho.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
For sure! If you give Dak a lead more often than not he will keep it and won't throw it away.