Dak Looked Bad **merged**

kumizi

Reaction score
Doesn't matter buddy. We Scored 19 AND WON. Winning is all that matters.
I'm not complaining. Just giving you some context.

If Dak had the exact same performance and lost, people would be *****ing about his inaccuracy. So let's just jump all over those people that are.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Forget the bad throws in the end zone, the bigger problem is why we didn't run the ball once during that series. Way to muck that up Linehan

Yeah I hope this dosent get swept under the rug...

We got cute like the seahawks in the SB... you have Zeke and a OLine that was starting to lean on the Dline and you get cute forcing a couple to Dez

plymkr

Reaction score

There is no substitute for greatness. Making good decisions with the ball leads to good results. 14-3 now.

Lol, yeah he sucks. If this is Dak suckage then I'll take this suckage into every game.

We won the game and fans want to worry about a sophomore slump. We won the game. No TO's, controlled the clock and made plays to win. What else do you want from a QB?

O yeah, before I forget, We won the game.

Cowboys 1-0 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dundalis

Reaction score
Dak a bus driver, Even mentioning him with in any sentence with Brady and Rodgers is pretty homer
Short memory much? Putting Brady in any sentence with Brady is homer, since he was considered pretty much the definition of a bus driver for years.

Dak had bad games last year, and he will always have bad games just like any QB. He also had outstanding games last year, so if we've set the standard for what is a bad game and therefore what would be a good game already in the first game of the season, by all means. Because he will have good games this year, guaranteed.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
People have to complain about something. Should have ran the ball more but that's the only problem I have. Dak will be fine. Played a smart game.

Gameover

Reaction score
Tweet from the QB 'guru' who personally scouted Dak and Russell Wilson:

This is Dak's worst game and he wasn't even that bad... if he bounces back vs the best defense in the league? Long game

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I was thrilled to see him allowed the freedom ( from the coaching staff) to go with plan 'C' and hammer that ball forward himself ( I think twice) ,,,,,last year the vibes I was picking up was like he was under the Garrett thumb of scrutiny to hang in and prove himself a 'pocket passer,,,,' hell's Bell's!, it was so apparent he even stated in the post game interview after that 2nd loss to the gnats he was a pocket passero_O
But some of those throws were fired off with a fogged up scope or something cuz there were 3 ( I saw for sure in that first quarter ) that were kinda mind boggling to me,,, and a bunch of high rifled ones over the middle Too,,, now that this demon from N.Y. has been cast into the consuming flames of mind ****ery,he can tighten it up in the relaxed .manner in which he plays best,,, he was hyper in the ' kill' plays in an almost Romoesque manner in the first half,Tooo_O

windjc

Reaction score
Dak played a solid game. Hope he gives us 18 more of those. I will take 0 turnovers during the season. Sign me up for that.

Gameover

Reaction score
Dak played a solid game. Hope he gives us 18 more of those. I will take 0 turnovers during the season. Sign me up for that.

It can't be all about no turnovers, he has to make plays. Hell, just hit a wide open Dez on the 2 yard throw!

windjc

Reaction score
It can't be all about no turnovers, he has to make plays. Hell, just hit a wide open Dez on the 2 yard throw!
Our offense had the THIRD HIGHEST YARDAGE TOTAL of all teams in week one. Dak was TOP EIGHT in passing yards.

Dak made plays, took what an above average defense that knows Linehan well gave us and walked away with a large victory. Get. Over. It.

bigbob

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it was 'bad.' It wasn't 'good' and it's against a very good defense. He made some huge plays when all was said and done and the playcalling didn't help matters much.

YR
This.
Also no turnovers.
Another good defense next week.
Just need to win not set record's.

flosho

Reaction score
Dak missed on some throws, particularly trying to force the ball to Dez on the earlier field goal drive.

Why on earth we didnt run zeke 2 or 3 times is beyond comprehension. I guess we wanted to get Dez a Td?

If this was game 3 or 4 we probably win 45+ to maybe 10 or 17 because we controlled this game wire to wire. I think the offense was just a little rusty/1st game hiccups, Dak included.

Sydla

Reaction score
At least get your numbers right. Keep making excuses.

Excuses?

I said he had a good game, nothing great or spectacular.

You are the one who wants to make this game into something it was not.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I think Romo spoiled us with his accuracy. Dak wasn't super accurate last season and he looks as if he won't be super accurate this season. I know someone will say "look at the stats" but his ball placement has never been great. He is an athletic QB who takes care of the ball and throws high percentage passes most of the time. He made the plays that this team needed and that's what mattered.

I don't believe that Dak will ever be the guy to win an all out, high scoring, TD match...but he fits this team model with time of possession in mind. Short completions, run the ball, chew up the clock...and he takes care of the ball.

He reminds me a lot of Cam Newton and Alex Smith put together passing wise: Incredibly athletic, can make the throws, but not pinpoint accuracy like Newton and plays it short like Smith(except for Thursday lol). Dak has other skills though that make up for this. His ability to run last night proved vital...but he had more than his share of poor throw s last night.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope this is not the start of a sophomore slump. Hopefully it was just opening game nerves. On a better note, the defense played great. Kudos to the boys for a great win.

He was a bit high and late on a some throw, he was also playing vs a very good defense yet still managed to hit 61% of his passes, was able to avoid any turnovers and threw a TD pass. If this is a bad game I will gladly take it