Dak no longer regressing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, some is definitely on Dak, but I agree w/ your percentages.

The thing is, we don't change anything. We just keep running the same stupid plays in the red zone, and they keep not working. Which monkey is calling plays this week?

This is how I see the percentages:

50% Oline, 20% coaching/scheme, 10% lack of familiarity/rapport with pass catchers, 10% Prescott, 10% Pass catchers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s really good at not throwing it away much, but he’s very careless with the ball in the pocket and that’s something that needs to be cleaned up.

Thats like blaming the dog for eating the steak you left out on the low table.

If the line did their job and gave Dak a clean pocket to throw then the fumbles would happen much less frequent. Its the Olines fault the pocket is breaking down. Sure you would like to see Dak a little more aware of the pocket breaking down. But if you dont leave the steak out the dog doesnt eat it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only way the line gets worse is if Martin cant play. It only takes ONE bad pass block to screw up an entire drive.

Yeah as of now....he's the only one left. I think Fleming has shown he can come in for Tyron and at least look adequate. I don't know if we have anyone behind Martin to do that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah as of now....he's the only one left. I think Fleming has shown he can come in for Tyron and at least look adequate. I don't know if we have anyone behind Martin to do that.

Agreed, but still these guys are a downgrade. It adds up over the course of a game.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dak needs a lot of work.

Looks like Flaco may be done in Baltimore. We could use a vet QB in camp next year.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Dak needs a lot of work.

Looks like Flaco may be done in Baltimore. We could use a vet QB in camp next year.

No. Someone is going to sign Flacco to be a bridge QB. We don't need that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Red zone is a real problem as well. You won't win in the playoffs kicking field goals.

I blame 75% on Garrett/Linehan and 25% Prescott for these problems.

Dak keeps missing on RZ throws.

They need to add the back shoulder pass. Romo and Dez cleaned up on that play.

They refuse to feature Zeke in the RZ. He only has 6 rushing TDs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed, but still these guys are a downgrade. It adds up over the course of a game.

Oh it does. And it is. Fredericks not being out there effects everyone. This line just isn't very good and I'm concerned what happens when a real pass rush comes in and tests it. Off the top....do we see any from here on out?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Disagree.

He’s won a ring and he knows how to play.
Flacco is trash. I'm sorry. Its just like Alex Smith. These guys are considered good vets but their respective teams were smart and drafted younger players to take over for them. Flacco would be Drew Bledsoe all over again.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Flacco is trash. I'm sorry. Its just like Alex Smith. These guys are considered good vets but their respective teams were smart and drafted younger players to take over for them. Flacco would be Drew Bledsoe all over again.

And Dak is any better?

We need a vet QB. I’m not going to post Flaco’s stats here. You can look it up, but they are impressive and he’s still 33.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Flacco isn't trash, but he's not a top 15 QB. He can and will still start games in the NFL, but he's not going to be anyone's franchise signal caller. He's a bridge to a better option for teams in desperate need of QB help. I doubt he wants to be a backup.

He's gonna be in the same boat as Kap or Fitz. Vets who can start but aren't a long-term answer

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And Dak is any better?

We need a vet QB. I’m not going to post Flaco’s stats here. You can look it up, but they are impressive and he’s still 33.

Joe Flacco is on the bench right now lol. That's how "impressive" his stats are lol. Let Commanders waste money on him. And yes.....I think Dak is better than Flacco and trash like that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Flacco isn't trash, but he's not a top 15 QB. He can and will still start games in the NFL, but he's not going to be anyone's franchise signal caller. He's a bridge to a better option for teams in desperate need of QB help. I doubt he wants to be a backup.

He's gonna be in the same boat as Kap or Fitz. Vets who can start but aren't a long-term answer

I think Dallas is in desperate need of QB help.

Our passing stats are in the tank.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I think Dallas is in desperate need of QB help.

Our passing stats are in the tank.

Im not a believer in Dak by any means but you can just look at this offense and tell QB play is not the main problem. Its the entire offensive design and playcalling that are far bigger culprits than mediocre QB play.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Always got a kick out of that one. A 3rd year QB regressing without an injury. Here is what Dak is doing during the win streak.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...mely-high-level-during-cowboys-winning-streak

Here are some highlights:

Dak Prescott in the 4th quarter and overtime:

17 for 20
243 yards
3 touchdowns
0 interceptions
156.9 passer rating

Amari Cooper has been everything that Dak Prescott has needed.
And the trend continues: (43) Nobody else has more than 36. Cowboys 2nd in league in 3rd down % since trade, too. They have destroyed 3rd downs for 6 straight games.

Dak Prescott leads the NFC in passing yards during Cowboys’ winning-streak.

It’s not because of dinking and dunking, either.
Dak Prescott is tied with Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the NFC lead with five touchdown passes of 40+ yards.

Last but not least, Dak Prescott has proven to be a clutch performer during his three seasons in the NFL. Prescott has also shown that he can win when the calendar turns to November.
Dak Prescott is 8-2 in his career in November and December road games.
His career record in the second half of the season improved to 15-6 today.

He is also pretty good when the game is on the line, too.
Most game-winning drives in NFL history, first 3 seasons
1. Russell Wilson - 15
2. Matt Ryan - 13
2. Dak Prescott - 13

If you could please hide this from the detractors, they won't be able to sleep if they see this.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He also leads the NFL in sacks.......I'm guessing plays a huge part of the fumbling issue. Other words, fumbling issue is correctable. If he led the NFL in interceptions, good lord that would scare me to death.
I guess you just love this make-shift line?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The only way the line gets worse is if Martin cant play. It only takes ONE bad pass block to screw up an entire drive.
Martin was bad Sunday Night, if people are going to call out anyone on the team, so will I.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Definitely not regressing especially not this year. He regressed last year. but I've seen Improvement in every game this year. he's still not completely there yet but that's the beauty of him being young. His Drive will lead him to better his game I'm pretty sure.
He is taking his lumps this season. He was playing so safe for so long. I really feel he is really stretching out now. Everyone feels he isnt comfortable throwing down field that's why everyone plays so close to the first down markers. Amari Cooper changes all that Gallup is emerging. I have a feeling these young tight ends are about to start emerging as well. Perfect timing too. We have a very young team. On offense our starting skill players are 25 and under. Dak 25, cooper 24, Zeke 23, Gallup 22, Shultz is a rookie, Jarwin is a 2nd year player. . These guys just needed time and now they look like they may have gotten comfortable and are ready to start making an impact.