Dak now knows what Romo had to deal with

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo was maligned from 2006 to about 2014 - he really didn't get any respect, even from a lot of the Cowboys fan base, until then.

Dak had instant fandom and isn't allowed to be criticized without a hoard of people coming in with excuses and ad-homs.
Well I should have said a taste of
what Romo had to deal with.
He was sacked and hit, more
than ever before.
One was the strip sack, and
some almost int's.
It just reminded me of past
games with Tony.
Tony was hurt most times with
a guy coming unblocked.
Our coaches need to do whatever to protect qb better.
In ATL game they didn't do much except bring in bell which resulted in more sacks -hits.
And even then was way too late.
Also after it was obvious the
Game was over they left dak in
Which to me was stupid, put
Cooper in and let him finish game, be good for coop, and not
risk injury to dak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo and Dak have a common denominator preventing them from succeeding and that's coaching. This team have had talent, a lot of talent but for some reason they can't adjust when the game is on the line.
So true, Tony had to deal with it, now dak does.
Best work on his spin move, and think about calling his own plays.

dfense

Reaction score
Dak got a taste of what Romo had to deal with for years. bad pass blocking, bad game plans ,bad play-calling,etc getting sacked a lot it isn't any fun is it Dak.?
Romo dealt with it for years, and his spin move saved him from even more sacks, and hits.
Dak is going to have to adapt
To situation's like this and
ad-lib whether coaches like it or not.
Otherwise more games like this one will come.
Dallas only scored once, and that was after int and only 20 yards to go.
Other than that they were shut out.
My point is Dak can't rely on
the coaches in some games.
They can't pull dak if he changes things on the field.

For example if linehan calls
Play with deep pass routes,
Change it to short routes!
With intense pass rush, deep
Routes are silly.
If runs inside are not working,
Try outside etc.
Although I appreciate the Romo shout out, it is just one bad game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yep.

Anybody who thinks Tony, or Troy or Roger would've been able to beat Atlanta with that pass rush is just as wrong as anybody who believes Dak, or Troy or Roger would've beaten Minnesota in the Divisional playoff game in 2009.

Tony would have been in the game plan helping devise it with Linehan...

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo was maligned from 2006 to about 2014 - he really didn't get any respect, even from a lot of the Cowboys fan base, until then.

Dak had instant fandom and isn't allowed to be criticized without a hoard of people coming in with excuses and ad-homs.

They use to blame him for the TOs in Garrett’s basic offense and changing Garrett’s ‘run plays’ into pass plays, because Garrett was supposedly the one that wanted to run but Romo kept screwing up the plans..

khiladi

Reaction score
So? Aikman had John Blake openly calling him a racist.

At first I think people felt sorry for him for the snap, but then after having horrible mistakes at the worst times in the biggest games, saying "if this is the worst thing that happens to me, I have led a good life" did not score him many points.

Well two, really if you count Coach Parcells saying he had enough.

Romo was a sad tragedy, but to pretend he had it worse than anyone else is just not true.

He had an organization catering to him (remember "Romo Friendly") and paying him handsomely. If he had a concern, he did not have to right along with everything.

Nonsense... Garrett didn’t have him in the game plans until Jerry forced it from on top in 2013.. and that’s when all the coaching changes surrounding Garrett’s hands in the offense started happening..

Most clueless people as the article suggests tried to spin this as because Romo didn’t really want to, but that had nothing to do with the facts and what followed afterwards. As even Garrett had to admit:

“I don’t know that it’s appreciably different, but the idea is that we are really as a team trying to emphasize that and … empower him to do that more and more,” Garrett said. “You want him to like the plays you are calling into his helmet so he can go play his best football.

It’s clear Romo didn’t like a majority of the garbage that Garrett was throwing out there. That’s why Garrett got demoted and they eventually ended up with Linehan.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/dfw....eyton-time-or-not-romo-in-manning-shadow/amp/

Last edited:

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Romo got sack 7 times by Cleveland in 2012. Cleveland was a sorry junky team, and we defeated them 23-20 in that game.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo got sack 7 times by Cleveland in 2012. Cleveland was a sorry junky team, and we defeated them 23-20 in that game.

In 2012, we have had a makeshift line - who was the center our guards then? We had Free and a young Smith.

khiladi

Reaction score

And Jason Garrett was OC and bottom of the league in play action and consistently threw on first, something like 60-80 percent, meaning very predictable..

at least we run the ball now..

khiladi

Reaction score
During the Garrett OC era, Romo would get sacked close to forty times a year average.. and he has a coach refuse to run and by the end of the Garrett era we basically passed on every first down..

With Zeke all we basically do is run on first down and net over 5 yards.

There is no comparison in terms of the trash coaching Garrett and Zeke worked with.

Gurode couldn’t even call the plays from Center and Leonard David was a bust until he looked decent with Romo. We had cast-offs like Montrae Holland and our best linemen was Flozell, but we had to put up with his none-headed false starts.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak got a taste of what Romo had to deal with for years. bad pass blocking, bad game plans ,bad play-calling,etc getting sacked a lot it isn't any fun is it Dak.?
Romo dealt with it for years, and his spin move saved him from even more sacks, and hits.
Dak is going to have to adapt
To situation's like this and
ad-lib whether coaches like it or not.
Otherwise more games like this one will come.
Dallas only scored once, and that was after int and only 20 yards to go.
Other than that they were shut out.
My point is Dak can't rely on
the coaches in some games.
They can't pull dak if he changes things on the field.

For example if linehan calls
Play with deep pass routes,
Change it to short routes!
With intense pass rush, deep
Routes are silly.
If runs inside are not working,
Try outside etc.

One word of advise for Dak :
INCOMING !!!!!

erod

Reaction score
Yep, there's a big, bright spotlight on Dak and Linehan right now. Do it without Zeke to lean on. Just like Romo did most of his years.

Remember Pat McQuistan? Alex Barron? Phil Costa? Ryan Cook? Nate Livings? Derrick Dockery? Bill Nagy? Kevin Kowalski?

Deal with it and move the team. Let's go.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
During the Garrett OC era, Romo would get sacked close to forty times a year average.. and he has a coach refuse to run and by the end of the Garrett era we basically passed on every first down..

With Zeke all we basically do is run on first down and net over 5 yards.

There is no comparison in terms of the trash coaching Garrett and Zeke worked with.

Gurode couldn’t even call the plays from Center and Leonard David was a bust until he looked decent with Romo. We had cast-offs like Montrae Holland and our best linemen was Flozell, but we had to put up with his none-headed false starts.
Very valid points

willia451

Reaction score
That's simple, you bet.

Yes. I would just add. Romo got paid 100 million dollars + to sacrifice his body on the alter. That.............is a stinking heck of a lot of money to say "NO" to.

Dak is getting paid 1% of that. So when the time comes. The decision might be easier for Dak.

The Cowboys will undoubtedly throw a ton of $$$ at him to stay. But how much will it take to buy off Dak? What is his price?

Everyone has a price. Or do they? I wonder.

But the way things are going. Dak might not even make it that far. A few more games like Atlanta. And he might be done too.

Gameover

Reaction score
He played for Mississippi State he knows what struggle is like