Twitter: Dak on contract

Flamma

Reaction score
Whatever he is going to get is going to be a strong hit on the salcap. It's not a good thing. Lets just hope it's not too over the top for the sake of the team. But the guy can play, I have to admit. I give credit to all those that stayed in his camp. I wavered, I'll admit.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That sideline comment got the guys in the booth gushing over Dak for a couple of minutes. I try not to listen to Charles Davis when he speaks, so I don't really remember the conversation.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He keeps saying that but doesn't seem like his agent got the memo or this deal would be done by now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a few observations.

1. Any player negotiating for higher contractual compensation and landing the 'top contract' for their position will only retain that distinction until another player's negotiation results in an even larger contract.
  2. Very few, if any, professional athletes play exclusively for the love of their sport. Reality comes with costs and salaries pay for those costs.
  3. A professional athlete may not believe they deserve a certain level of wealth but lack of self-entitlement does not always offset the level of compensation they may end up receiving in the end.
I do believe Prescott loves playing. His eyes light up on the field. It feels genuine to me. Dallas is lucky to have him.

lockster

Reaction score
4. Words are cheap. If it wasn't about money, he'd already be signed and not arguing over money amount or length. Talk is not only cheap, but very deceptive