Dak outplayed Goff

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So.... Dak is the only quarterback who misses throws? Or does EVERY QUARTERBACK miss?

Yes, that's what I said, Dak is the only quarterback who misses throws.

Why does criticism of him have to be reduced to such statements?

He missed some critical throws in a game where he couldn't afford to miss them. Those throws killed drives when we couldn't afford to have drives killed. We lost by eight, so maybe those throws would have made a difference.

Every quarterback misses throws, but that doesn't mean that Dak should not be criticized for those crucial errors. When you win, those missed throws don't matter. When you lose, then those missed throws have to be considered because they are part of the reason.

Every receiver drops passes, but Jackie Smith's drop in the Super Bowl receives extra attention because of how critical it was. Patrick Crayton's drop in the 2007 playoffs earns him criticism even though both he and Smith were considered to have good hands.

Dak missed those throws that he needed to make. If you want to whisk that away because every QB misses throws, that's your prerogative, but doing that just makes support for Prescott seem blind instead of fair.

Fair judgment takes everything into account and not just that his passing numbers were better than Goff's.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Funny thing is the 30 points were below LA's scoring average. Of course, I don't doubt that the Rams could have scored more against us if needed.

I expected going into the game that we wouldn't be able to hold them under 24. And I expected us to lose because we wouldn't be able to score 24. A lot of the reason for that is the play-calling and some of the reason is Dak missing on some critical passes. If the play-calling is better, though, maybe those critical passes aren't as critical.
Yea. Had Goff not missed his wide open receivers they most likely score 44 - 51 points. But that’s why no quarterback is perfect. This isn’t exclusively a Dak Prescott issue.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yea. Had Goff not missed his wide open receivers they most likely score 44 - 51 points. But that’s why no quarterback is perfect

And if we had beat them 31-30, I'm sure lots of Rams fans would be talking about the passes that Goff missed, especially considering how well their running game did.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
It’s just Dak excuse time. Dak was mediocre and all you are hearing from his homers is excuses and it’s everybody’s else’s fault.

Guess what?

The Rams didn’t respect Dak’s arm at all. And the Rams secondary is garbage.

Dak floundered for the whole first half plus. After the scripted drive ended in a TD like usual this was the chart:

1. 4 plays and out him THROWING TWICE on second and third.
2. The very next series after Zeke rushed for 5 yards on first, Dak goes 0 for 2 on three and out, meaning THROWING TWICE.
3. Dallast THREW 6 times and ran Zeke only 3 times while he was averaging 8 YPC and Dak takes a sack to put them out of FG range in the next series. And of course that was on softer coverage with three minutes to go in the half.
4. The very next series again, 3 and out and Dak THREW TWO attempts while Zeke ran once to begging the second half.

IT WAS 13-7 for pretty much the whole first half and Dak absolutely blew chunks even with the defense ‘sucking’. NOBODY CAN SAY ZEKE WASN’T RUNNING THE BALL HERE or Linehan wasn’t letting Dak play with his arm. This was PASS HEAVY MEDIOCRITY.

DAK COULD NOT KEEP PACE WITH THE RAMS FOR A WHOLE HALF WITH HIS ARM DESPITE IT BEING 13-7 and the Rams defense should have had a pick 6, just like the Seattle secondary should have had a pick 6.

He got his first TD while scripted and the second in usual Rams giving up big plays in a single drive when Aqil Talib went out. Joyner left his man wide open and blew coverage on a 1st and 20 and did what every CB is NOT supposed to do.

As soon as the Rams reinsert Aqil Talib and Wade stops dropping his DBs like 10 yards off the WRs because of this mediocrity Dak again can’t doing anything and only scored in prevent when the Rams gave them everything underneath and all he was doing was checking down. And even then they gifted him a PI on another horrible ‘escap’ from the pocket on a garbage throw on Aqil Talib.

MEDIOCRITY.

Comparing this performance to Romo and his defense is a joke. The Rams were selling out to stop the run just like every team this year and we’re daring Dak to beat them. And he couldn’t.

I agree with everything you said here.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Look Lil Man. You just hate everything about Dak and it’s apparent. So no matter what you’ll never give him credit for anything positive. Your constant attacks and hypocrisy shows what type of person you are. The Rams beat us at our own game. In my opinion that’s on the coaching staff for not preparing adequately. Goff was very pedestrian in the win but you applaud him. Dak best teams in the same fashion and you berated him. Why is that? What makes Dak’s victories less significant than others? You’re a Cowboys fan supposedly so I really want to know the answer.
Lol I never said Goff had a good game, lil man. Im just using the logic of Dak fans, Goff won and made a play in clutch time, therefore he is the better qb.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That's year long stats....

You think those tell a better story Saturday's game than the actual stats from the game?

Interesting strategy cotton.

But yeah I'm sure it was in the gameplan for Goff to barely complete half of his passes.
The link I show is from this game. Based on the passes thrown and the coverage and pressure Dak had an expected completion percentage of 75% and ended up with 62%.

Goff had an EPC of 59 and ended up with 53. Goff had an aggressiveness factor of 25% and Dak was at 6.3%

Daks intended air yards were 7 and Goffs were right at 9.

Goff was going deeper trying to take advantage of our inability to stop the run and burn us deep.

Dak blew chances at wide open receivers.!

jwitten82

Reaction score
Ok. That’s fine. We all have an opinion. And if you’re being unbiased in your evaluations of Dak then that’s great. But to speak for many is a bit of a reach. MANY have an agenda they want to make a point of. That’s indisputable. And FYI. An agenda could be many different things. Such as being upset that Romo was replaced after being repeatedly injured and without any significant postseason wins. Of course there are other agendas as well.
Lol you want there to be an agenda. We all know what it is. Newsflash, nobody here would complain about the qb position as much if Wilson or Watson was here. Why? Because they are better qbs

OldJarhead

Reaction score
If he'd had that run game, his stats would be different. Neither QB was really good and both missed throws that should have been made and if the Rams D didn't have butter fingers, that Prescott stat line wouldn't be good.

Instead of comparing the QB's, which is ludicrous, look at the missed throws by Prescott and what could have been the results of just two passes, that one to Gallup when he threw well behind him and the high one to Cooper when he had his man beat. Let's not even consider the dropped picks by the Rams.

The difference between Goff and Prescott is that Goff's team can win with a mediocre stat line but the real stat that you should be considering is the one with QB rushes. Prescott should have run the ball at least 5 more times in that game but he's still trying to play pocket QB, which he never will be, instead of dual threat, which is what he is. He and whoever kept him in that pocket played right into their plans.

"Dual Threat"?!! Oh, yeah, he can run right or left, I see.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Look Lil Man. You just hate everything about Dak and it’s apparent. So no matter what you’ll never give him credit for anything positive. Your constant attacks and hypocrisy shows what type of person you are. The Rams beat us at our own game. In my opinion that’s on the coaching staff for not preparing adequately. Goff was very pedestrian in the win but you applaud him. Dak best teams in the same fashion and you berated him. Why is that? What makes Dak’s victories less significant than others? You’re a Cowboys fan supposedly so I really want to know the answer.

Here we go.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I said, Dak is the only quarterback who misses throws.

Why does criticism of him have to be reduced to such statements?

He missed some critical throws in a game where he couldn't afford to miss them. Those throws killed drives when we couldn't afford to have drives killed. We lost by eight, so maybe those throws would have made a difference.

Every quarterback misses throws, but that doesn't mean that Dak should not be criticized for those crucial errors. When you win, those missed throws don't matter. When you lose, then those missed throws have to be considered because they are part of the reason.

Every receiver drops passes, but Jackie Smith's drop in the Super Bowl receives extra attention because of how critical it was. Patrick Crayton's drop in the 2007 playoffs earns him criticism even though both he and Smith were considered to have good hands.

Dak missed those throws that he needed to make. If you want to whisk that away because every QB misses throws, that's your prerogative, but doing that just makes support for Prescott seem blind instead of fair.

Fair judgment takes everything into account and not just that his passing numbers were better than Goff's.
Valid....

keysersoze

Reaction score
Lol you want there to be an agenda. We all know what it is. Newsflash, nobody here would complain about the qb position as much if Wilson or Watson was here. Why? Because they are better qbs
Watson didn’t look much better in the postseason. Neither did Wilson. But it’s easy for you to lie and say that now because they aren’t are quarterbacks. Nice try tho.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The link I show is from this game. Based on the passes thrown and the coverage and pressure Dak had an expected completion percentage of 75% and ended up with 62%.

Goff had an EPC of 59 and ended up with 53. Goff had an aggressiveness factor of 25% and Dak was at 6.3%

Daks intended air yards were 7 and Goffs were right at 9.

Goff was going deeper trying to take advantage of our inability to stop the run and burn us deep.

Dak blew chances at wide open receivers.!
I applaud the use of different stats

And Dak did miss a few throws and he should have ran more..... but Cooper dropped a huge pass and so did Gaithers.... the miss with Gallup looked like a mix up more than a missed throw.... like he was expected Gallup to sit down on the route...either way one or two misses is very normal

The whole point of the thread was to point out that Dak is good enough to lead this team to the NFCCG just like Goff did and we are lucky to have him....... it wasn't to pick nits over every throw

keysersoze

Reaction score
I applaud the use of different stats

And Dak did miss a few throws and he should have ran more..... but Cooper dropped a huge pass and so did Gaithers.... the miss with Gallup looked like a mix up more than a missed throw.... like he was expected Gallup to sit down on the route...either way one or two misses is very normal

The whole point of the thread was to point out that Dak is good enough to lead this team to the NFCCG just like Goff did and we are lucky to have him....... it wasn't to pick nits over every throw
Excellent post. But unfortunately many people here just hate Dak personally so they will NEVER look at it that way. No matter how good he evolves and plays, these same morons will find ways to attack him. It’s a learned behavior.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Watson didn’t look much better in the postseason. Neither did Wilson. But it’s easy for you to lie and say that now because they aren’t are quarterbacks. Nice try tho.
Lol if Dallas had any of those qbs. Id be happy, keep up the agenda bruh lol