Dak outplayed Goff

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Change my mind

Dak- 20-32... 266yds .....1TD..... 1Rushing TD
Goff- 15-28 ....186yds.......0TD
I'll give you the stats, but when your running for over 5.7 yds a carry, no need to throw the football... plus, and this is not knocking Dak, but he lost, Goff won... end of story.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Yet, if Dak has Goff’s statline and the wins the game we’d have the people on here saying “Dak didnt need to throw....he executed the game plan.”

NOBODY would be arguing Goff outplayed Dak.

You can’t have it both ways.

goff played pretty poorly, actually, considering his run game was dominant. no doubt there were a bunch of receivers open because of it.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I'll give you the stats, but when your running for over 5.7 yds a carry, no need to throw the football... plus, and this is not knocking Dak, but he lost, Goff won... end of story.

he threw the ball 28 times still, tho, and couldn't do anything with it when he did.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Goff had a comfortable 2 TD lead for most of the game. He had a couple of TDS dropped and a pick 6 that his defense dropped or it woulda been a comfortable 4 Td lead for most of the Game.

Everybody on God's green earth knew when the Cowboys kicked the ball deep instead of the offsides kick that the game was over .

The Rams didn't even have to throw the ball they ran for 2 first downs and the game was over. They had an 8 point lead so the best the Cowboys could have done is tie the game even if they could have miraculously came back. But chances are the pressure from Donald and Suh woulda stopped this te led passing offense if they woulda got the ball back.

I kinda wish DAK coulda got the ball back just so we don't have to hear all the coulda woulda shouldas from Jerry until next year. This te led passing attack is allergic to playoff success going on 22 years. It's par for the course. We littered the field with Jarwin, Schultz and Rico on passing downs and they didnt make an impact once again.

We're a stud te away from Winning another NFC Championship or Super bowl.

We got as far as this te led OFFENSE could take us.

Last edited:

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
goff played pretty poorly, actually, considering his run game was dominant. no doubt there were a bunch of receivers open because of it.

He had that throw to Cook that Cook drop for the touchdown. He also had another touchdown throw that was thrown perfectly but it went through Higbee hand. Goff should have gotten 2 touchdowns.

keysersoze

Reaction score
He had that throw to Cook that Cook drop for the touchdown. He also had another touchdown throw that was thrown perfectly but it went through Higbee hand. Goff should have gotten 2 touchdowns.
Funny how when those things happen to Dak folks claim it’s because he’s inaccurate....:huh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well it didn’t take much to outplay Goff.

McVay made him a non - factor.
it was a brilliant game plan by McVay (and wade i think) no one expected Rams to run that much, everyone expected a passing attack.

This is where coaching can win a game, the right game plan.

I noticed dak outplayed goff in stats, but stats are often meaningless, if a qb only completes 5 of 25 passes it looks bad, but
what if all 5 are deep td passes and he wins the game?

Had the rams not been able to run so good, then goff would have thrown a lot more, and probably out stat-ed dak.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
While I generally support Dak, it doesn't matter what the individual stats of Dak vs Goff show. It still comes down to how the team plays as a whole and the Rams were much better. I would gladly have Dak take Goff's stats and we won the game. Paper stats don't mean anything, it's the play of the teams as whole that decides the game.

Goff is a good but not great QB. He's fortunate to have a great team assembled around him and is in a system that can maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
While I generally support Dak, it doesn't matter what the individual stats of Dak vs Goff show. It still comes down to how the team plays as a whole and the Rams were much better. I would gladly have Dak take Goff's stats and we won the game. Paper stats don't mean anything, it's the play of the teams as whole that decides the game.

Goff is a good but not great QB. He's fortunate to have a great team assembled around him and is in a system that can maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

For a QB that has been handicapped with 1-2 non producing tes on every passing snap I'd say Dak is doing great. Wth have any of these tes done to make Dak look good. The starting te had 1 TD in 14-15 games playing every passing snap and didn't even meet minimum production benchmarks.

You can't compare Dak to any top 10 QBs because they don't let their non producing receivers play everydown like we do our tes.

We don't give Dak 5 weapons ever. There's always 1-2 lollygagging tes out there that can't make any plays .Poor Dak will never shine in a te led offense with a bunch of tes who never produce on paper. No QB in the league is gonna be playoff worthy with bottom barrel tes dominating the passing Snaps.

Pro football focus says the biggest position of need is te and our scrub tes played every passing snap and put up zeros all year.

That's a coaching problem. In all honesty how are we supposed to support this coaching staff when they keep repeating the same mistakes week after week year after year.

Demarco Murray couldn't pick up that 4th and 1 against playoff caliber defenses and that's like the hundredth time we've ran that same play unsuccessfully but we just keep doing stupid stuff. It's 3rd and 25 and we got swaim running a deep route and he's never caught a ball in the air over 15 yards in his entire career!!!

We do the same low % plays and formations with losing results and we're tired of watching stupidity for 9 years and counting.

If we had a #1 defense and sts our pathetic offense would find a way to lose in the postseason. They gotta fall behind by 20-3 until the opposing team goes into prevent mode then try to argue that the refs made a bad call when the offense just ain't potent enough to score enough to beat a top tier playoff caliber team .

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
it was a brilliant game plan by McVay (and wade i think) no one expected Rams to run that much, everyone expected a passing attack.

This is where coaching can win a game, the right game plan.

I noticed dak outplayed goff in stats, but stats are often meaningless, if a qb only completes 5 of 25 passes it looks bad, but
what if all 5 are deep td passes and he wins the game?

Had the rams not been able to run so good, then goff would have thrown a lot more, and probably out stat-ed dak.

Or our QB is 20 for 30 passing but 7 passes went for 3 yards on 3rd and 10. Lmao .y'all know Witten and Romo could Pat that qbr and completion percentages and then be talking complettions that never end in Scoring and winning.

Y'all been covering for these bottom barrel tes afraid to rise up about all the come back routes that sucked all year.

If you're not in support of overhauling these coaches and tes as the most important need for the team then you're not a true fan of a winning tradition because 22 years of excuses is our fault for settling for mediocracy. Get some Caholes and let's get to the bottom of fixing this team from the coach and tes since that's is the biggest position of needs

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Woopdeedoo. Didn't matter. Their running game killed us.
latest

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
For a QB that has been handicapped with 1-2 non producing tes on every passing snap I'd say Dak is doing great. Wth have any of these tes done to make Dak look good. The starting te had 1 TD in 14-15 games playing every passing snap and didn't even meet minimum production benchmarks.

You can't compare Dak to any top 10 QBs because they don't let their non producing receivers play everydown like we do our tes.

We don't give Dak 5 weapons ever. There's always 1-2 lollygagging tes out there that can't make any plays .Poor Dak will never shine in a te led offense with a bunch of tes who never produce on paper. No QB in the league is gonna be playoff worthy with bottom barrel tes dominating the passing Snaps.

Pro football focus says the biggest position of need is te and our scrub tes played every passing snap and put up zeros all year.

That's a coaching problem. In all honesty how are we supposed to support this coaching staff when they keep repeating the same mistakes week after week year after year.

Demarco Murray couldn't pick up that 4th and 1 against playoff caliber defenses and that's like the hundredth time we've ran that same play unsuccessfully but we just keep doing stupid stuff. It's 3rd and 25 and we got swaim running a deep route and he's never caught a ball in the air over 15 yards in his entire career!!!

We do the same low % plays and formations with losing results and we're tired of watching stupidity for 9 years and counting.

If we had a #1 defense and sts our pathetic offense would find a way to lose in the postseason. They gotta fall behind by 20-3 until the opposing team goes into prevent mode then try to argue that the refs made a bad call when the offense just ain't potent enough to score enough to beat a top tier playoff caliber team .

I'm not sure why you're quoting me. It is a coaching problem and we do need better TEs to play in a TE heavy system and it doesn't matter one lick where the defense ranked if they are going to get man handled the way they did. I simply don't care that Dak's stats were better than the opposing QB in a game we lost, that's not a knock against Dak. Stats are secondary to winning, I'd rather Dak had thrown 3 INTs and we won than having better stats than Goff in a loss.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Daks individual stats says he is the worst QB in the league when it comes to targeting the te.. Hes putting up zeros with the tes .whose fault is it Daks? Or the tes?

The same fans who back Dak are backing these everydown tes. Who is the culprit? Is swaim the problem or is it Dak. Because it's apparently not these coaches

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Daks individual stats says he is the worst QB in the league when it comes to targeting the te.. Hes putting up zeros with the tes .whose fault is it Daks? Or the tes?

The same fans who back Dak are backing these everydown tes. Who is the culprit? Is swaim the problem or is it Dak. Because it's apparently not these coaches

I don't know what you're ranting about or why you keep quoting me in your rants. Are you ranting against Dak, the TEs, the coaching, Swaim? Do you even realize Swaim hasn't played for 2 months and really don't know why you're bringing him up right now. :huh: