Dak Prescott: a prime candidate to see considerable improvement

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as you give us the opportunity to catch up like you have been, works for me. 6 nfccgs and counting this millennium, we’ll probably win some more bling in the next 6.

All you have to do is figure out a way to get Foles back!
:lmao:

But hey, Prescott puts up great numbers when the rams run for 280 on you, so that’s worth gloating about.

It's called a "playoff game", something your current quarterback has never heard of. I'll "gloat about" that!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
All you have to do is figure out a way to get Foles back!

It's called a "playoff game", something your current quarterback has never heard of. I'll "gloat about" that!

We'll have Foles back before LVE's rookie contract is up. You know I'm probably right.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Check this out. If this doesn’t give you hope, I don’t know what will. From CBS Sports:

“Prescott had the NFL's fourth-best completion percentage (71.6) over the second half of the season. He also ranked in the top ten in with 289 pass attempts (seventh), 2,225 passing yards (eighth) and a 103.4 passer rating (seventh). He threw 12 touchdowns and only three interceptions. The Cowboys tied the Colts at 7-1 for the NFL's best record in the second half of the season. ”

This doesn’t even include his rushing touchdowns.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check this out. If this doesn’t give you hope, I don’t know what will. From CBS Sports:

“Prescott had the NFL's fourth-best completion percentage (71.6) over the second half of the season. He also ranked in the top ten in with 289 pass attempts (seventh), 2,225 passing yards (eighth) and a 103.4 passer rating (seventh). He threw 12 touchdowns and only three interceptions. The Cowboys tied the Colts at 7-1 for the NFL's best record in the second half of the season. ”

This doesn’t even include his rushing touchdowns.

Some people aren't going to like those facts!
tenor.gif

Brax

Reaction score
Jon Kitna is the new QB coach. I like guys like Kitna who loves football and was not a great QB but had to be a student of the game like Kellen Moore. They will help Dak reach his full potential. I'm confident of that. Dak should get paid in that 28 -30 mill range. He is a good leader, he works hard. That is obvious. When Amari came, his game showed great improvement. I really hope he will learn and master that back shoulder fade like Romo did. If he adds that to his arsenal he will be unstoppable. That throw takes work , insight and trust but Romo made it look like a routine throw I trust Dak can too with guys like Amari, whose quickness is almost unmatched. Gallup has great hands to turn and catch a back shoulder route. If he can add that and improve his fundamentals. I feel that he is elite. Kitna is going to work that out. https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ke-weber-kris-richard-jason-garrett-jon-kitna
Another Dak will get paid them miraculously get better and fix all his problem thread. With all his work before last season he was worse. So a new QB coach (the last one couldn't fix him so they made him the OC) was a high school coach so he is just what Dak needs, yes the future looks really bright for Dak.

csirl

Reaction score
Did any of you guys actually watch Kitna play, or are you too young? He was no slouch! And, as a backup QB, he played well for the Cowboys. Not too sure where this "those that can't do, teach" BS is coming from, but Kitna could do in his day.

I agree with this. Watched most of his games for Barcelona and it was clear he had a lot of talent. Also had loads of grit and determination. He came from a small college so never got a break until he played in NFLE. Note that this was in the era when, unlike later years, there were good players in NFLE.

P.S. kitna in his prime >>> Dak is now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Philadelphia fans are an absolute disgrace. Pure trash. Yall have about as much class as a hooker on bourbon street during mardi gras working in a pot-a-gold! The only difference is yall enjoy the pounding yall get!

There is one thing I have respect for Eagles fans that I don't for Cowboys fans. Eagles fans would never have put up with Jason Garrett as our HC. They would have run him out of town long ago. Here in Dallas he is going to get his 2nd big extension and he is probably the worst coach in all of football.

For THAT reason alone, I respect Eagles fans as a whole.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wentz via the butterfly effect. I think you can accept that as accurate. Just as Nnamdi Asomugha, Michael Vick, even Chip Kelly had heavy impact on how we resulted in the Super Bowl.

But yes, QB being responsible for wins and losses is highly overrated. All a QB can really do is play well and close his eyes and pray, even Tom Brady. Tom Brady was amazing against the Seahawks in the 4th quarter of the super bowl, but he still should have lost. Conversely, Peyton Manning 'destroyed' the Panthers in their super bowl.

Tell me your honest opinion of Dak Prescott. Do you think the Cowboys are lucky to have him or are you happy that he will be our QB for the next 5-7 years?

Personally, I like Wentz and think he is a great talent. Only the injuries holding him back.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Tell me your honest opinion of Dak Prescott. Do you think the Cowboys are lucky to have him or are you happy that he will be our QB for the next 5-7 years?

Personally, I like Wentz and think he is a great talent. Only the injuries holding him back.

Lucky to have him. Reasonably he’s the best case scenario for not using a 1st round pick on a QB in 30 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lucky to have him. Reasonably he’s the best case scenario for not using a 1st round pick on a QB in 30 years.

Yep that is my sentiment as well. I dont ever think he will be one of the elite passing QB's in the NFL, but he is an unreal find in the 4th round.

Dont take offense but its funny how even an Eagles fan can appreciate him when some current Cowboys fans cant see the forest through the trees.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How do you intend to measure this?

Overall team success?

Analysis of his individual play?

It is easy to imagine that with the collective talent of the team & any creativity \ breaking of tendencies in scheme & game management, this could look like an entirely different \ improved team. Will that mean Dak had "considerable improvement"?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Improves and healthy O-Line. A whole year and offseason with his WR. Awesome RB in a contract year. Likely a better TE situation. If he don’t improve from last season then there is a problem. I think he plays even better. All that could hold him back is the rookie OC...

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
There is one thing I have respect for Eagles fans that I don't for Cowboys fans. Eagles fans would never have put up with Jason Garrett as our HC. They would have run him out of town long ago. Here in Dallas he is going to get his 2nd big extension and he is probably the worst coach in all of football.

For THAT reason alone, I respect Eagles fans as a whole.

Since fans decide their teams head coach... Maybe we can!!! Lets all get our pitch forks and torches ready!! Lets run Jason out of town!.. Oh, thats right... We have no say so.. Other then stop being a Cowboys fan.. Aint happening here!! Go Cowboys!

By the way.. Eagles fans wouldnt even except Santa has their head coach so we do agree on that!