Dak Prescott: a prime candidate to see considerable improvement

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Jon Kitna is the new QB coach. I like guys like Kitna who loves football and was not a great QB but had to be a student of the game like Kellen Moore. They will help Dak reach his full potential. I'm confident of that. Dak should get paid in that 28 -30 mill range. He is a good leader, he works hard. That is obvious. When Amari came, his game showed great improvement. I really hope he will learn and master that back shoulder fade like Romo did. If he adds that to his arsenal he will be unstoppable. That throw takes work , insight and trust but Romo made it look like a routine throw I trust Dak can too with guys like Amari, whose quickness is almost unmatched. Gallup has great hands to turn and catch a back shoulder route. If he can add that and improve his fundamentals. I feel that he is elite. Kitna is going to work that out. https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ke-weber-kris-richard-jason-garrett-jon-kitna

To have a coach who can work out something he needs to have talent.

After watching Dak play for 3 years in the NFL i doubt he is able to develope into a medicore NFL QB.

I will be the first to be happy if he can, but right now i stick with Bill Parcells: after 3 years you know what you got in a player. And Dak did not develope not one trait from his college days.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Man it’s unreal it’s been that long. Didn’t think about that until I just read your post.

It goes hand in hand with your super bowl success since your last first round QB. Maybe you get a Kurt Warner or Russell Wilson or a Nick Foles and he eeks one more out, but sustained super bowl success and outright NFC domination that you crave is exclusive to first round talents in this era and the last (1990). Young, Kelly, Eli, Peyton, Roethlisberger, Favre, Elway, Brees(1st pick in 2nd round), Aaron Rodgers. Andrew Luck has won 10+ games 4 times with awful rosters. Stafford owns a myriad of nfl records already. If he had better teams he may be on that list as well. Talent evaluators really are THAT good at seeing the possibilities.

You can stick your feet in the sand and say it’s all wild coincidences that the perennial powerhouses are first rounders. But that’s what makes Brady so special, because he represents the impossible.

And then there’s Carson. Even if he looks worse or has inferior stats or can’t stay injured, everyone says they see what could be. Maybe one day he takes that step that Young took, that Brees took, that even Alex Smith took. That was the point of my thread: if Dak hasn’t already become elite, it’s extraordinarily unlikely for it to ever happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It goes hand in hand with your super bowl success since your last first round QB. Maybe you get a Kurt Warner or Russell Wilson or a Nick Foles and he eeks one more out, but sustained super bowl success that you crave is exclusive to first round talents in this era. Eli, Peyton, Roethlisberger, Favre, Elway, Brees(1st pick in 2nd round), Aaron Rodgers. Andrew Luck has won 10+ games 4 times with awful rosters. Stafford owns a myriad of nfl records already. If he had better teams he may be on that list as well.

You can stick your feet in the sand and say it’s all wild coincidences that the perennial powerhouses are first rounders. But that’s what makes Brady so special, because he represents the impossible.

The flip side of that coin is a bunch of the QB’s you named only won, one Super Bowl themselves. But you didn’t list Russell Wilson who has as many as Rodgers, Brees and Favre.

The truth is, if the cowboys win one super bowl during Dak’s career, that is a success. But that’s a success even for a QB drafted #1 overall, as the majority of them never accomplish winning a championship either.

Obviously there is a greater chance of success of winning a championship with a highly drafted QB. But you have to evaluate each individual in a case by case basis. The reason Dak is Still on the cowboys is his level of play thus far. Had he not played so well to this point. The cowboys probably would have drafted a QB with a first rounder by now. They were trying to do that the same draft they got Dak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The flip side of that coin is a bunch of the QB’s you named only won, one Super Bowl themselves. But you didn’t list Russell Wilson who has as many as Rodgers, Brees and Favre.

The truth is, if the cowboys win one super bowl during Dak’s career, that is a success. But that’s a success even for a QB drafted #1 overall, as the majority of them never accomplish winning a championship either.

A single Super Bowl. Is that the goal? One and done, or domination? When Russell Wilson is on, the Seahawks are maybe a top 10 team at best. If Aaron Rodgers is healthy, instant super bowl contender. Peyton made anyone an instant super bowl contender. What was Kurt Warner truly without the Greatest Show on Turf? Even his good years were a shadow of his former self once he left Marshal Faulk et al. Andrew Luck has been dragging his roster across the finish line since 2012. They get any talent and he’ll start slaughtering everybody.

Yes, I agree 1 ring and Dak is a hero. But Irsay mentioned unfinished business when Peyton left, becAuse Indy only won one. When they drafted Luck, it was for more super bowlS.

Yes, drafting QBs high sometimes fails spectacularly. But that’s because they’re shooting for the stars.. they’re going for something that simply doesn’t exist later in the draft... aside from HIM.

HungryLion

Reaction score
A single Super Bowl. Is that the goal? One and done, or domination? When Russell Wilson is on, the Seahawks are maybe a top 10 team at best. If Aaron Rodgers is healthy, instant super bowl contender. Peyton made anyone an instant super bowl contender. What was Kurt Warner truly without the Greatest Show on Turf? Even his good years were a shadow of his former self once he left Marshal Faulk et al. Andrew Luck has been dragging his roster across the finish line since 2012. They get any talent and he’ll start slaughtering everybody.

Yes, I agree 1 ring and Dak is a hero. But Irsay mentioned unfinished business when Peyton left, becAuse Indy only won one. When they drafted Luck, it was for more super bowlS.

Yes, drafting QBs high sometimes fails spectacularly. But that’s because they’re shooting for the stars.. they’re going for something that simply doesn’t exist later in the draft... aside from HIM.

Of course the goal is to win the super bowl every year.

I’m talking about the reality of the NFL.

You keep pumping Aaron Rodgers. He has won...... one super bowl. As good as he is. One super bowl. He has only even been to one Super Bowl. Actually you just tried arguing he is on another level than Russell. Russell has two super bowl appearances to Rodgers one. But again. Football is a team
Sport.

As good as Manning was..... one super bowl until the very end, when basically any QB could have won a super bowl on that Denver team that year.

Because again, winning championships is a team accomplishment and it’s incredibly hard to do. Like I said half the QB’s you just named have only won one.

Kurt Warner had down years. But then took the Arizona cardinals to a super bowl. An organization that did nothing before that and has done nothing since. But you also won’t see me arguing against The fact you need a team to win a super bowl.

You missed the point of my post. Which is that any QB winning one Super Bowl is a success. Of course you want more. But it’s not that common for any QB to do it.

So, 1 your comments about the history of some of the QB’s is flawed. Rodgers hasn’t won a super bowl without a team to help him, yet you knock other QB’s for needing it.

Obviously you want to believe that Dak will never have sustained success and he can’t because he was a 4th round pick. I get it. You’re a filthy eagles fan.

You would rather hang your hat on draft status as opposed to evaluating them on the field.

That’s cool. I disagree. But I have to point out the inaccuracies of your comments about other QB’s
And their success.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lastly, I’ll just say this. Yes Tom Brady is an incredibly special player. And him being so successful as a late round pick is obviously a really rare phenomenon.

But then again, the QB with the second most Super Bowl wins of all time? Tied between Bradshaw a first round pick and Montana, a 3rd (mid) round pick.

So Brady isn’t even the first QB, drafted a bit later, to win a bunch of titles.

Then again, none of that has any affect on whether Dak will or not.

Just like ultimately being the first overall pick doesn’t get a player anything, once they’re in the league.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Of course the goal is to win the super bowl every year.

I’m talking about the reality of the NFL.

You keep pumping Aaron Rodgers. He has won...... one super bowl. As good as he is. One super bowl. He has only even been to one Super Bowl. Actually you just tried arguing he is on another level than Russell. Russell has two super bowl appearances to Rodgers one. But again. Football is a team
Sport.

As good as Manning was..... one super bowl until the very end, when basically any QB could have won a super bowl on that Denver team that year.

Because again, winning championships is a team accomplishment and it’s incredibly hard to do. Like I said half the QB’s you just named have only won one.

Kurt Warner had down years. But then took the Arizona cardinals to a super bowl. An organization that did nothing before that and has done nothing since. But you also won’t see me arguing against The fact you need a team to win a super bowl.

You missed the point of my post. Which is that any QB winning one Super Bowl is a success. Of course you want more. But it’s not that common for any QB to do it.

So, 1 your comments about the history of some of the QB’s is flawed. Rodgers hasn’t won a super bowl without a team to help him, yet you knock other QB’s for needing it.

1 played can’t do it all, it’s a team game. Aaron Rodgers should no more be blamed for being only a 1-time super bowl winner as Eli should get all the credit for being a 2-time winner. But what Aaron does represent is dominance. He gives them contender status every year, he puts them in position to maybe win again if the team is right and the chips fall in his favor. Basically every healthy year. Peyton also did that every single year, they had a chance. There was a good 8 years in the middle of Kurt’s prime where his team had no chance.

Will Dak becomes the QB who gives their team that chance every single year? The QB who wins games he has no business winning, who puts even a slightly above average roster into a conference championship game? You know the answer is he’ll likely never be that. But he is good enough to take a quality team that far, definitely.

Maybe Carson busts, and is out of the league by 29. BUT. There is that other chance. What people keep saying they see in him. Maybe he becomes the piece that makes a team with many holes push through anyway. That player that sucks the atmosphere out of opposing stadiums not 20 minutes into the game, because everyone knows it’s already over. Those players come around more often than you think, and they keep coming from the top of the draft. The pundits called it.

Or he busts, and we try again. With another top 5 pick. Like Mcnabb. Some teams will keep shooting for the stars, because it’s worth it. And some... just don’t.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You need to cheer up, @waldoputty get in here and cheer up the sad clown.:(
giphy.gif

Bring his rats...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1 played can’t do it all, it’s a team game. Aaron Rodgers should no more be blamed for being only a 1-time super bowl winner as Eli should get all the credit for being a 2-time winner. But what Aaron does represent is dominance. He gives them contender status every year, he puts them in position to maybe win again if the team is right and the chips fall in his favor. Basically every healthy year. Peyton also did that every single year, they had a chance. There was a good 8 years in the middle of Kurt’s prime where his team had no chance.

Will Dak becomes the QB who gives their team that chance every single year? The QB who wins games he has no business winning, who puts even a slightly above average roster into a conference championship game? You know the answer is he’ll likely never be that. But he is good enough to take a quality team that far, definitely.

Maybe Carson busts, and is out of the league by 29. BUT. There is that other chance. What people keep saying they see in him. Maybe he becomes the piece that makes a team with many holes push through anyway. That player that sucks the atmosphere out of opposing stadiums not 20 minutes into the game, because everyone knows it’s already over. Those players come around more often than you think, and they keep coming from the top of the draft. The pundits called it.

Or he busts, and we try again. With another top 5 pick. Like Mcnabb. Some teams will keep shooting for the stars, because it’s worth it. And some... just don’t.
We don't care about the iggles or Wince.