Dak Prescott and Aaron Rogers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, Jan 11, 2022.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

35,547 Messages
    15,766 Likes Received
    So, did Stafford lose this last game for the Rams?

CowboysFaninHouston and DogFace like this.
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,763 Messages
    26,295 Likes Received
    Well, that last throw looked like a fix to me, but if it wasn’t yeah. Not sure what your point is though. It still doesn’t excuse this QB and Dak would look bad in that offense to, considering how much McVay goes downfield.

3. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

7,670 Messages
    8,895 Likes Received
    There is no way to compare QBs unless you put them on the same team. Rodgers makes his 2nd and 3rd string WR look good. His consistent ability to use all the players makes it hard to take any one guy away. I can guarantee that Zeke would look like a different player if Rodgers were in Dallas.

4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

35,547 Messages
    15,766 Likes Received
    There were multiple bad throws from the 4th quarter through the over time. Nothing to do with a Dak Prescott comparison.

5. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

7,423 Messages
    5,699 Likes Received
    As Jimmy Johnson (and Bill Parcells) would say who cares. The Cowboys are 12-5 and number 3 seed in the playoffs all the rest is window dressing.

CCBoy likes this.
  6. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

14,525 Messages
    12,131 Likes Received
    I totally agree. The QBs situation plays a big role too. Goroppolo is nowhere near as good as rodgers, yet the 49ers easily dispatched the Packers back in 2019. When comparing say, pitchers, the situation around them really doesn't affect their ERA all that much.

7. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

13,088 Messages
    25,265 Likes Received
    Jimmy G threw 6 passes that game.

Yes, the 49ers won the NFC Championship game with their QB only throwing 6 passes. That defense and run game was insane that year.

8. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Well-Known Member

1,889 Messages
    3,044 Likes Received
    This is as desperate as it gets. There’s still time to delete it.

CowboysFaninHouston and DogFace like this.
  9. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

3,114 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    Prescott has a fumbling problem...which has reared it's ugly head in four of five games before the Eagles. If he can get his ball security in check then he will be that much better. The fourth quarter fumbles are really not the thing you want to see happening in the playoffs.

Otherwise, his play has been good enough...but I'm really hoping that the return of Blake Jarwin and the 12 personnel packages of the first seven weeks gives him a shot in the arm. That said...and it's probably a bit of heresy...he has to find that "fine" middle ground between bus driver and gunslinger in the playoffs. This has always been the thing that is hardest for him imo. But if you can make him comfortable (with 12 personnel and running the ball) you can get some great throws and plays from him.

He really needs a fast start vs. San Francisco. That d-line can wreck an offense.

10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

35,547 Messages
    15,766 Likes Received
    Wilson now doesn't hurt...and the return of most other players as well!

America's Cowboy likes this.
  11. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

11,635 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    Well thank goodness he stayed in against the Eagles JV team

12. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

3,114 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    Yeah...I think that Prescott has indeed padded his stats a bit (Eagles game for example) but I do think that he is more than good enough...IF you can get him comfortable in the pocket. Jarwin's return (with 12 personnel packages) plus Wilson in the slot should make this happen.

Put it this way...if he can't get it done with Jarwin and Wilson back in place then I really don't know what to say in his defense. It's just TOO MUCH talent around him not to ball.

khiladi likes this.
  13. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

13,088 Messages
    25,265 Likes Received
    It's disingenuous to not provide context behind the numbers. That's what @khiladi did here. All 30 TD passes are not created equal.

If QB A threw 10 TD passes over a two game span against a horrible team in a blow out, that's 10 of the 30 TD passes right there. That's 1/3 of his total TD passes in 2 blowout wins.

If QB B throws 10 TD passes over a 5 game span then that averages out to 2 TD passes a game.

That means after 5 games QB A and QB B would have the same amount of TD passes (10), but QB A had 3 games that he didn't throw a single TD pass and his team lost.

I'd much rather have the guy throwing 2 TD passes a game. Wouldn't you?

That's why context behind the numbers matter.

Vandyr, khiladi and Hadenough like this.
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

35,547 Messages
    15,766 Likes Received
    They play who's across from them...ya know, football.

15. TNCowboy

TNCowboy Double Trouble

9,583 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    :laugh:at using stats in that manner.

Why not go with the 33+ TDs/7 or less INT club, so the great Kirk Cousins can jump to the head of the line?

16. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Well-Known Member

1,889 Messages
    3,044 Likes Received
    I think you’d be likely to find similar distributions amongst all quarterbacks in the league, Brady and Rodgers included.

17. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

21,073 Messages
    24,378 Likes Received
    Dak and Wilson have played each other in the playoffs......Dak and the cowboys moved on and Wilson went home to watch

DogFace likes this.
  18. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

3,318 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    I guess will wait and see who the MVP is then, lol.

But hey, by looking at the numbers maybe Dak or even Cousins wins it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    75boyz likes this.
  19. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,086 Messages
    12,469 Likes Received
    Oh. Ok. You didn’t suggest he wasn’t good. Sorry.

Maybe you’re new here, but his fanclub (as you say) is simply a response to the group that first said “he only wins because his team is great and he can’t put up stats” and “stats don’t matter winning is the only important thing”
    And now “only winning a Super Bowl matters”

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  20. BobbyFlame469

BobbyFlame469 Well-Known Member

1,436 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    Actually that’s like one of the top 3 places Dak would thrive. Play Action and Deep Shots.