Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys are at an impasse over nothing

Diehardblues

Reaction score
they got to the playoffs having had some really good top 10, top 5 defense.... and in post season, playing against slightly better teams, their offense laid one egg after another...

and I find it funny, you say its a team game, yet, you blame Dak for the 8-8 record last year...… as if defense, special teams, coaching, other offensive players had nothing to do with it..

double standard?

sorry, your spin doesn't make sense.
I’m certainly not blaming Dak for our 8-8 record but at some point if we are paying him Elite money he needs to be why we are winning more and advancing further.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Those are fabricated nonsensical talking points.
Dak Prescott has been as good as almost any QB the last 4 years versus playoff teams.
Dak Prescott is 10-14 versus team's OVER 500.
The Silly: Every single quarterback in the NFL with enough starts to qualify for consideration, except for Brady, Ben Raperberger and Russ Wilson, have "losing records against winning teams.''
He has dominated this division specifically and beaten up Wentz badly prior to playing injured.
He became a major down the field aerial assassin last year after spending 3 years proving he could efficiently beat up the NFC East.

but he couldnt' win with one of the best coaches who ever walked the sidelines in the NFL. I can't count the number of games we won for his astute coaching prowess....and Dak so underwhelmed with such a coach

MississippiMud

Reaction score
OK, the solution to this is too easy. Make it a 5-year contract, with the last year voidable by Dak if the Cowboys make the SB (don't even have to win it) during the 4-year period. Bang. Done. Have Dak's agent PM me for my address to send me my commission check. :D

Finally- The answer to the problem! I like it -

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m certainly not blaming Dak for our 8-8 record but at some point if we are paying him Elite money he needs to be why we are winning more and advancing further.
he can do what he can do. lead the offense. he can't play defense. he can't over come incompetent coaching and he can't play special teams. he led the offense to #1 ranking. #6 scoring. we had the worst starting field position in the league. a defense that couldn't make key stops. and incompetent coaching that screwed up during crucial times of the game. I attributed 4 losses to key coaching blunders during the year....

and not to mention the screwed up locker room dynamics, coaches in-fighting, etc.

we can't look at it in a vaccum, having complained incessantly all year and previous years about coaching, and now, all of a sudden make it a none factor.... lets not forget we had Linehan as OC.....announcers were literally criticizing him on national television....over and over and over again....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Still waiting to win with Dak

Having trouble comprehending what a salary cap is?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
like I said, you are saying Dak is in the final chapter of his career....which clearly he is not, he has only improved year over year.... Dalton is riding into sunset soon.....he is in the last chapter of his career.... is that so hard to understand?

and I understand salary cap...do you know what garaunteed losing is? seems like you want to win salary cap and don't care about winning, given with Dalton you are guaranteed to lose. get it? or do you want me to spell it another way...

its not about who won the NFL salary cap...that's not how they hand out champtionships….except perhaps in the Accountants Superbowl LOL

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I didn't say pay him all the money, as far as the reports that are out there, with people are actually connected to people in NFL offices, its the length of the contract that's being negotiated.....

one is clearly on the upswing of his career...the other just got dumped and on the downside of his career....as for stat wise, Dak is by far better than Dalton.....

I am not emotional...prior to the season, I was against signing dak to a contract....the talk was about a 28-30M contract, but I thought we need to see more and see if he improves and correctrs some of his issues, by far he did that during the season and showed...my argument was I would rather over pay by a few million, but be sure, than pay 26-28 and him not being good and the impact to the cap.... the argument is not about the 35 million...in reality its about 5 million difference, given prior to the season people would have been happy with a 30M contract...
Statswise at similar points in their career they aren’t close to far better. Better stop smoking that illegal stuff. He didn’t improve y’all are just emotional and don’t know any better but y’all eventually come around to the fact Dak is Dalton

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and Dalton led his team to 0-5 in the playoffs, are you interested in that?

I find it funny, some of your dak detractor buddies, point to football being a team sport and team effort in excusing Daltons misreable underwhelming performance when it counts, yet Dak led us to 8-8, defense, special teams and coaching be damned...its all Dak I tell ya!
I’m not interested in Dalton. I certainly wouldn’t advocate in starting him over Dak. Don’t lump critics into detractors.

You put up stats to support Dak is not part of the problem but yet when stats are presented which aren’t as supporting you attempt to divert them .

Why was Dak and our offense not as effective in our 8 losses?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I agree. I think with the money will come greater pressure to succeed. You want to be paid as a top player people will expect you to perform as such.
Like you I don't squarely blame him for 8-8, he shares in it but certainly not alone. I have been told the only thing keeping Romo from a ring was Garrett yet the same I guess does not hold true for Dak as he is now taking the heat for team failures, now that Garrett is gone. I have seen progression in his play and while I can't say he deserves x amount any more than other QB who become FA. I don't think Wilson is the best QB yet he is paid as such and before him Matt Ryan again I don't think the best QB but it how the league tends to operate which is why soon Watson and Mahomes will be higher paid and then other FA QB will come up and become the highest paid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he can do what he can do. lead the offense. he can't play defense. he can't over come incompetent coaching and he can't play special teams. he led the offense to #1 ranking. #6 scoring. we had the worst starting field position in the league. a defense that couldn't make key stops. and incompetent coaching that screwed up during crucial times of the game. I attributed 4 losses to key coaching blunders during the year....

and not to mention the screwed up locker room dynamics, coaches in-fighting, etc.

we can't look at it in a vaccum, having complained incessantly all year and previous years about coaching, and now, all of a sudden make it a none factor.... lets not forget we had Linehan as OC.....announcers were literally criticizing him on national television....over and over and over again....
But you won’t address why Dak wasn’t effective in our 8 losses. Only averaging 15 points a game. While scoring 35 points in our wins.

Thank goodness we won’t be able to blame our coaching anymore. Will be curious who the Daksters will blame now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Statswise at similar points in their career they aren’t close to far better. Better stop smoking that illegal stuff. He didn’t improve y’all are just emotional and don’t know any better but y’all eventually come around to the fact Dak is Dalton
Dalton had the benefit of a top 10, top 5 defense in his first 4 years... something Dak never had.....

and the stats aren't similar in the first 4 years.... Dak has thrown 250 more passes or average of 60+more per year or about 4 more passes per game...they have about same number of TD, but Dak has thrown 36 Ints, compared to Dalton's 66. ...Dak has average of 65% completion rate, compared to Dalton's 61%..... and dak has thrown for 1000 more yards over the first four years, average of 250 more per year or 15 more yards per game....those are not similar if you understand QB play and again, benefit of playing with top 10 defense year in year out... Dalton has had 20 game winning drives in his entire career, Dak in 4 years has had 14 game winning drives, 1-2 in the playoffs, vs. 0-5.....

no, those two aren't similar stats....if you think so, then all QBs are similar.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree. I think with the money will come greater pressure to succeed. You want to be paid as a top player people will expect you to perform as such.
Like you I don't squarely blame him for 8-8, he shares in it but certainly not alone. I have been told the only thing keeping Romo from a ring was Garrett yet the same I guess does not hold true for Dak as he is now taking the heat for team failures, now that Garrett is gone. I have seen progression in his play and while I can't say he deserves x amount any more than other QB who become FA. I don't think Wilson is the best QB yet he is paid as such and before him Matt Ryan again I don't think the best QB but it how the league tends to operate which is why soon Watson and Mahomes will be higher paid and then other FA QB will come up and become the highest paid.
I was a critic of Romo too. He rarely put up his best performances against the best teams or in critical and playoff games.

Great QB’s rise to the occasion in these type situations helping change their teams course in history.

I don’t expect average QB’s to take that role but if you are paid Elite then I expect Elite results especially when you’re surrounded with talent.

I’m not impressed just putting up 35 points a game to average to be low average teams . I’m concerned more with how we struggle against the better teams only putting up 15 points a game struggling to score TD’s. That’s not what we should expect from an Elite QB.

And while I might tend to agree Ryan and Wilson aren’t on that Elite level they are closer to it and have led their teams to the brink of championships and a Super Bowl . That matters.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But you won’t address why Dak wasn’t effective in our 8 losses. Only averaging 15 points a game. While scoring 35 points in our wins.

Thank goodness we won’t be able to blame our coaching anymore. Will be curious who the Daksters will blame now.
again, you are squarely and clearly blaming Dak for all the losses last year.....lets not forget in two of those losses, against NE and Saints, they scored, 13, 12 respectively...so Brady won, scoring only 13 points...and Saints won, scoring only 12 points....not scoring any TDs....you have to win games like that in the NFL, other parts of the team have to step up....like the defense, or special teams, neither of which did in those game...and in both of those games, we had incompetent, absolute horrid coaching decisions during the game...plus, I don't blame Dak for making a throw to Witten, he catching it,,,,running with it, then fumbling it..in a 2 point game...I don't blame Dak for Zeke's fumble, trying to get 1 yard...in a 2 point game.....he can't throw, catch, play defense, and special teams at the same time.....

our coaching against Bills and Minnesota left a lot to be desired. our game against the jets, specially the defense was Horrid....absolute horrible, allowing a long TD like they did. but seemingly you are blaming Dak for those plays.

and lets see how he does this year...with new coaching, better coaching so we hope, but you can not, absolutely can not dismiss bad coaching....how many times did you post your frustration about our coaching?