Dak Prescott better than Newton/Winston?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Sep 13, 2019 at 9:20 AM.

1. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

923 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Is Dak Prescott better than Cam Newton/Jamis Winston ?

From watching Bucs/Panthers Thursday night game - and seeing two former No.1 overall in the draft QBs in Cam Newton and Jamis Winston struggle, (as they did last year as well) I am that much appreciative and grateful that we have a 4th rounder QB that has emerged as a performer that has surpassed both Newton and Winston as a better QB,imo.

Both QBs Newton and Winston are supposed to be in the hands of great offensive minded coaches in Norv Turner and Bruce Arians, but they still look pedestrian like and you could tell they still were not playing with much swagger and self- confidence.

But with Dak,... Kellen moore,.. the OL.. and the weapons Dak has around him, we could not be in a better situation, ..as compared to what we are seeing in the two once No.1 overall picks, Newton and Winston.

2. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

3,749 Messages
    4,103 Likes Received
    I've never thought Winston was better, or really all that good. I used to think highly of Cam, but I think injuries are starting to wear him down.

3. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Well-Known Member

3,175 Messages
    1,994 Likes Received
    Without a doubt... It was never in question.

ghst187, JJHLH1, Longboysfan and 6 others like this.
  4. lopey

lopey Well-Known Member

929 Messages
    736 Likes Received
    Yes and it's not close anymore!

5. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

12,149 Messages
    17,270 Likes Received
    Cam clearly is not the same guy he was a few years ago. All the punishment is adding up. He got hammered again last night.
    Winston is a backup QB at best. He is what he is. Although he was decent last night.

At this point Dak is clearly better than both.

JJHLH1, Longboysfan, catiii and 4 others like this.
  6. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

923 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Is it Cam Newton's failing skills and continuing struggles that is making Norv Turner's offense look more bland, simple and predictable than what it is ?

maybe i'm jumping to conclusion with it being so early in the year, but i'm liking the looks and approach of Kellen Moore's offense attack, than I am looking at Norv Turner's offense.

catiii and lopey like this.
  7. NeathBlue

NeathBlue Well-Known Member

154 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Totally agree with what you say, Cam when he was at his peak was an excellent QB but injuries have seriously affected his play.
    Winston isn’t garbage, but he’s not good either.

catiii and Jake like this.
  8. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

36,175 Messages
    51,458 Likes Received
  9. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

9,076 Messages
    18,806 Likes Received
    Definitely better than Jameis.

Newton was a beast. But he is hurt. He just isn’t the same physically. We will see if he recovers fully or not.

10. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

6,982 Messages
    4,347 Likes Received
    Looked that way last night. Cam has really fallen off.

Blake likes this.
  11. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

8,555 Messages
    9,842 Likes Received
    Cam was pretty successful earlier in his career but Winston? How in the world is this even a question? He's never led his team to a playoff appearance in his career and he's just not that good. Dak is light years ahead of Winston.

RJ_MacReady and lopey like this.
  12. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

12,149 Messages
    17,270 Likes Received
    I think there is a decent chance Cam pulls an Andrew Luck and calls it quits pretty soon. He has all the money he needs to live a life of luxury.

Sepia, kskboys, lopey and 1 other person like this.
  13. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

6,212 Messages
    4,364 Likes Received
    Not better all different guys really..

Winston had games where you see the talent but hes an INT machine and they cant seem to get it out of him.Dak isnt exactly that but with 25 Fumbles he has been known to turn it over that way..hopefully thats getting remedied but we know Dak isnt risk taker.. they do have similar games but id take Dak over Winston for sure..

Not fair to compare Dak to Cam yet but Dak is on the rise and Cam on the decline, Cam won an MVP in both leagues correct, got college hardware didnt he win one in Jr college as well? So Dak might be headed that way but Cam got an MVP in the NFL.. Dak will need to even crack top 10 or top 5 to be compared to a player like this..

BUT TODAY, sure I take Dak over both players for those reasons..

visionary likes this.
  14. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    7,717 Likes Received
    This really just about sums it up.
    Cam’s not at his best anymore, but when he was he was a very very good QB.
    Winston’s never been all that great in my opinion. And he’s been outright bad lately.

csirl, Boom and BooBooBear like this.
  15. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

14,457 Messages
    12,213 Likes Received
    Absolutely no doubt.

Blake likes this.
  16. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

3,662 Messages
    2,982 Likes Received
    Dak is also better than Goff and Wentz.

17. charron

charron Well-Known Member

3,494 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    Winston was never really better than Dak except on hype. Cam looked horrible and Norv did him no favors with calling plays that exposed him too much. Cam looks less like superman and a whole lot more like clark kent.

Jarv, lopey and HoplessCowboysFan36 like this.
  18. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

14,457 Messages
    12,213 Likes Received
    So you man enough to admit you were wrong about Dak yet?

TwentyOne and RJ_MacReady like this.
  19. IndianaCowboys1994

IndianaCowboys1994 Well-Known Member

671 Messages
    695 Likes Received
    Right now-Dak. Cam has obviously had a high peak but I don't think he is that player anymore. I haven't liked Winston since his last year at Florida State. He should not have been the 1st overall pick in 2015. Poor decision maker on and off the field.

JJHLH1 likes this.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

47,177 Messages
    38,343 Likes Received
    Winston he is better than for sure.

Cam is a tough call.

Cam has definitely had a better career. He's injury prone as well and I always question if his focus is winning.

tyke1doe and Chocolate Lab like this.