Dak Prescott better than Newton/Winston?

EST_1986

Reaction score
Cam pre-injury no. Winston isn't a debate, he's just not a good starting QB.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I've never thought Winston was better, or really all that good. I used to think highly of Cam, but I think injuries are starting to wear him down.
:lmao:
3agvi0.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Dak Prescott better than Cam Newton/Jamis Winston ?

From watching Bucs/Panthers Thursday night game - and seeing two former No.1 overall in the draft QBs in Cam Newton and Jamis Winston struggle, (as they did last year as well) I am that much appreciative and grateful that we have a 4th rounder QB that has emerged as a performer that has surpassed both Newton and Winston as a better QB,imo.

Both QBs Newton and Winston are supposed to be in the hands of great offensive minded coaches in Norv Turner and Bruce Arians, but they still look pedestrian like and you could tell they still were not playing with much swagger and self- confidence.

But with Dak,... Kellen moore,.. the OL.. and the weapons Dak has around him, we could not be in a better situation, ..as compared to what we are seeing in the two once No.1 overall picks, Newton and Winston.

I would say he is better now, but over a career Cam Newton gets a bit of an edge for having been successful longer. Over time Dak may well pass Cam's career too.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I've never thought Winston was better, or really all that good. I used to think highly of Cam, but I think injuries are starting to wear him down.
Basically what I think.

Today, out of the three, it's definitely Dak...but I don't think Cam's healthy.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score

From watching Bucs/Panthers Thursday night game - and seeing two former No.1 overall in the draft QBs in Cam Newton and Jamis Winston struggle, (as they did last year as well) I am that much appreciative and grateful that we have a 4th rounder QB that has emerged as a performer that has surpassed both Newton and Winston as a better QB,imo.

Both QBs Newton and Winston are supposed to be in the hands of great offensive minded coaches in Norv Turner and Bruce Arians, but they still look pedestrian like and you could tell they still were not playing with much swagger and self- confidence.

But with Dak,... Kellen moore,.. the OL.. and the weapons Dak has around him, we could not be in a better situation, ..as compared to what we are seeing in the two once No.1 overall picks, Newton and Winston.

Dak works his tail off to perfect his craft. The other two do not. And it shows.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Every team would take Dak over those two right now. That wasn't always the case, but Newton has already peaked and just doesn't look healthy while Winston never quite has.

A healthy Newton sneaks it last night on 4th down every time.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Is Dak better or does Dak just have a better team? Of course Dak is better than both of those guys. I've got four words for y'all. Growth in the pocket. Dak has become a better pocket passer than Cam and Winston ever where.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I don't know. Cam started well (his best 2 years were his first 2 until 2015) and peaked around 2015 but was he ever an accurate guy? He's thrown over 60% 3 out of 8 times in his career and 1 of those was right on the cusp, at 60.0% flat in his rookie year. Panthers probably win that game yesterday if Newton's completion percentage was a bit higher. He threw 48% last night... ouch.

And Winston.... the ball just comes out really ugly from his hands at times, and his balls sail badly. We'll see if Arians can save him. But I think he's in jeopardy of losing his job to his 2nd string QB within a year or two if he doesn't right the ship. If Arians can't do it, maybe he's just a slow learning player.

davidariust24

Reaction score

But with Dak,... Kellen moore,.. the OL.. and the weapons Dak has around him, we could not be in a better situation, ..as compared to what we are seeing in the two once No.1 overall picks, Newton and Winston.[/QUOTE

The NFL has a QB power rankings list. I agree with it Dak is about number 10 now.
The list: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3ZkI0xTG_QmlU3Ujb8grOG

romonumberone

Reaction score
I am not a huge homer fan of Dak. But even I would say he is better than both those QB's. I never thought Cam was any good. And Winston has been a complete bust & disaster for Tampa Bay.

Ron12

Reaction score
Dak is 100x better then both right now & has a brighter future !

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is this what America's team has come down to.......we're happy if Dak is better than 2 stinkers who are probably headed to the bench....
Dang expectations have dropped here big time!

P.S. And you wonder why that Franchise QB contract hasn't been signed yet.
Look at the company our QB is compared to....enough said here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

better than Winston for sure....Winston was a failure waiting to happen given all his continued off field issues and continuing into his NFL career. He doesn't look like he is dedicated to be good. Newton has been hit too many times and has had too many injuries. he is not the same Newton as 4 years ago. that's why paying up to protect your QB is key, even for one that's built like a LB. hits add up.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score

Famous Jamis is terrible, why is this even being asked.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Some of what you see with Cam now is Norv Turner affect......playing more conservative. Even showed last night joking about Norv not wanting him throwing deep balls.

Other words, Cam is still a dam good QB if they let him be Cam.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Thought Winston played well last night. I’m pretty sure that if he was drafted on to a team that had 3 first team All-Pro lineman and another first team All-Pro RB, we would be debating right now if he is worth the 35 million dollar deal he was about to get. He hasn’t played all that badly even without those advantages... but he’s had a few patches.
Newton’s ceiling was league MVP so we know he is easily better than Dak. But he is also obviously breaking down before our eyes.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak is still that borderline top 10 QB I thought he was before the season. Throw in a top 3 RB, a top 3 WR corp and a top 3 OL and you have *possibly* a top 5 offense.