Dak Prescott better than Newton/Winston?

cern

Reaction score
Is Dak Prescott better than Cam Newton/Jamis Winston ?

From watching Bucs/Panthers Thursday night game - and seeing two former No.1 overall in the draft QBs in Cam Newton and Jamis Winston struggle, (as they did last year as well) I am that much appreciative and grateful that we have a 4th rounder QB that has emerged as a performer that has surpassed both Newton and Winston as a better QB,imo.

Both QBs Newton and Winston are supposed to be in the hands of great offensive minded coaches in Norv Turner and Bruce Arians, but they still look pedestrian like and you could tell they still were not playing with much swagger and self- confidence.

But with Dak,... Kellen moore,.. the OL.. and the weapons Dak has around him, we could not be in a better situation, ..as compared to what we are seeing in the two once No.1 overall picks, Newton and Winston.
he is much better than either. a lot of it has to do with maturity and being coachable.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Since 2016:

Dak: 89 total TD, 25 INT, 25 fumbles... 97.4 passer rating, 33-16 record

Cam: 80 total TD, 44 INT, 20 fumbles... 82.6 passer rating, 23-23 record

Don’t hurt yourself trying to do an honest comparison.

Shrug your shoulders and stick with idiotic blanket statements like, “Neither of them have been special, so therefore Cam’s MVP that he won 4 seasons ago makes him the better QB currently!”

Attaboy! That’s a good boy!! Keep the laughs comin’!
:lmao2:
Tossing out your fake stats, the remaining ones show similar production. Cam was a downfield passer before 2018 and Dak is a dink and dunk guy playing it safe, hence the higher rating. And of course most people who aren’t as ignorant as you know that Cam has had separate shoulder and rotator cuff surgeries in this time span. Cam > Dak. Cam says he’s healthy so let’s give him a few games and let’s see Dak play a non-Giants game where presumably the CBs will be instructed to follow receivers.

Nav22

Reaction score
Tossing out your fake stats, the remaining ones show similar production. Cam was a downfield passer before 2018 and Dak is a dink and dunk guy playing it safe, hence the higher rating. And of course most people who aren’t as ignorant as you know that Cam has had separate shoulder and rotator cuff surgeries in this time span. Cam > Dak. Cam says he’s healthy so let’s give him a few games and let’s see Dak play a non-Giants game where presumably the CBs will be instructed to follow receivers.
“Fake stats!”

Dak’s passer rating being FIFTEEN points better dismissed 100%... because of “dink and dunk!”

LOLLLLL I love this guy!!!

the_h0wey

Reaction score

From watching Bucs/Panthers Thursday night game - and seeing two former No.1 overall in the draft QBs in Cam Newton and Jamis Winston struggle, (as they did last year as well) I am that much appreciative and grateful that we have a 4th rounder QB that has emerged as a performer that has surpassed both Newton and Winston as a better QB,imo.

Both QBs Newton and Winston are supposed to be in the hands of great offensive minded coaches in Norv Turner and Bruce Arians, but they still look pedestrian like and you could tell they still were not playing with much swagger and self- confidence.

But with Dak,... Kellen moore,.. the OL.. and the weapons Dak has around him, we could not be in a better situation, ..as compared to what we are seeing in the two once No.1 overall picks, Newton and Winston.
Yeah give me Dak over either of those 2. Cam hasn't been the same in 2 years and Winston has always been spare and a head case to boot.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
“Fake stats!”

Dak’s passer rating being FIFTEEN points better dismissed 100%... because of “dink and dunk!”

LOLLLLL I love this guy!!!
Yes, fake stats... I know you have a contract with Dak’s talent agency to say 32-16* as many times as you can, but that doesn’t make it a real stat. Try again, troll.

*updated to 33-16 as the troll said 32-16 so many times during the off-season, I started to think it was immutable.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop the name calling.

Both posts with name calling and posts quoting posts will name calling will be automatically deleted.

Additionally, members unable to refrain from name calling may be banned from the thread without notice.

Now, as the immortal Ed Boon would say, "FIGHT!"

Open.

Rajveer

Reaction score
I've never thought Winston was better, or really all that good. I used to think highly of Cam, but I think injuries are starting to wear him down.
Sometime hype can bring a player down as well, especially when he starts believing in his own hype. That restricts further growth because you already believe you are the best. To stay humble is the best recipe for growth.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What team do you really cheer for? I haven't heard that many excuses for another teams' QB in awhile.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That game last night was indicative of the old NFL when offenses were behind the defenses to start the season. The OL play was poor from both teams and even the RB's were having to make it on their own.

I saw the similarities in both of these QB's that I saw in Prescott the last two seasons, inexplicable inconsistent accuracy, which I did not see last Sunday from Prescott. But I also saw both QB's dealing with better defenses than the Cowboys faced on Sunday.

And both of those QB's have something in common with Brady. You hit any QB early enough in the game and he's not the same.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m critical of Dak but I would easily take him over Cam and Winston.

Cam is damaged goods. Winston is an apple turnover waiting to happen.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The horribleness of Winston and Newton was on full display last night on TNF. Saying Dak is better is not saying much at all. Cooper Rush plays better than those two played last night.

flosho

Reaction score
I think Cam is checked out in terms of improving himself. He's just collecting a paycheck at this point and worried more about his fashion than his playbook.

Winston is just an under achiever. He'll never fully realize his talent and be anything more than flashes of good.

flosho

Reaction score
In fact, if I was coach or GM, I might implement a "dress code" and announce it at a team meeting, just to see how many of Cam's feathers are ruffled... That could more or less prove that Cam gives zero ***** about the team.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Well, never was a question on Winston and I never thought that Cam was very good anyway so that really is not a high bar.

The only reason Cam had that great year is because the OLINE kept him completely clean.

Neither of them is the goal for Dak!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How about that "Buckwheat Do"? Hell, I thought something was attacking his head. I think he was too busy checking out Irvin's duds to pay attention to what was happening on the field.
Nut-job