Video: Dak Prescott growing as a QB

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak's body language and composure resemble a vet. You can tell Dak is a real student of the game and is focused on improving. I really hope our playcalling has more variety and less predictability to give him a chance.

Well generally speaking I am firmly against using college style offenses. However this one has been stagnant since 2008, with the semi-great offensive seasons like 2007, 2014 and 2016 few and far between. So if new wrinkles open up the passing game and help Elliott barrel through defenders, I'm all for it.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Dak was always the QB I wanted in the 2016 draft. I saw a raw kid with the right motivations and the right skill set to succeed in the NFL. This year is all on him and Elliott. Elliott is still the engine of the offense but we need Dak to make plays as well or we'll see 9-10 man fronts all season long. Dak is one of the hardest working QBs in the NFL but it will take a lot for him to take the next step in his third season, especially without HOFer Witten and always mercurial Bryant.

jsb357

Reaction score
we'll see when the game is on the line.

a lot of QB's look great in the preseason.

Still there are less than 10 great ones and 15 good ones in the league.

Batman1980

Reaction score
we'll see when the game is on the line.

a lot of QB's look great in the preseason.

Still there are less than 10 great ones and 15 good ones in the league.

At any time there are probably about 10 really good QBs and 5 okay QBs and then everyone else. Dak is probably right in or right outside the top 10 but if we want to make any noise in the NFC this season, we need to him to at least PLAY like he's one of the top 5 QBs in the conference.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
At any time there are probably about 10 really good QBs and 5 okay QBs and then everyone else. Dak is probably right in or right outside the top 10 but if we want to make any noise in the NFC this season, we need to him to at least PLAY like he's one of the top 5 QBs in the conference.
You can say this about practically 70 percent of the starting QBs in the league.

It almost falls into Captain Obvious territory.

glimmerman

Reaction score
With our O-Line and Elliot you have to admit that it’s made it a ton easier for him. The Offense set up for Romo included a lot of options in the passing game that were high percentage. But Dak showed he had poise and leadership skills. If we ended up with lynch I do think that he would be in better shape than he is now but don’t know if our team would be. Dak is a gamer. He just shows up and does a great job. Deep pass and some accuracy need to be coached.

CWR

Reaction score
With our O-Line and Elliot you have to admit that it’s made it a ton easier for him. The Offense set up for Romo included a lot of options in the passing game that were high percentage. But Dak showed he had poise and leadership skills. If we ended up with lynch I do think that he would be in better shape than he is now but don’t know if our team would be. Dak is a gamer. He just shows up and does a great job. Deep pass and some accuracy need to be coached.

I remember hearing questions about his work ethic/motivation his rookie year. If that has continued Im not certain even our oline or run game could've saved him. Although I agree this would have been a better landing spot, he at least had some good WRS and a defense.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Prescott is a gamer, I do not have much worry about him in year three.
tenor.gif