Dak Prescott has higher ceiling than Carson Wentz

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why you private message me, huh?

Now who is being desperate?
omg, how desperate are you...private messaged you!!!!? really!!! When!?, take a screen shot of it and share.........seriously dude you got some issues..... sorry, didn't mean to kick your arse in front of everyone....I know it hurt!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I said prior to the injury he was great. Wentz hasn't been the same guy mentally. Foles won a ring and rallied the troops. Sorry...nothing else matters. Like Wentz, but rule of thumb is you go with the guy who has done it. Foles is a winner. Wentz has the tools,but can he rally the guys when it counts? Will they run thru a wall for him?
There's a couple things. Foles has never shown he has the ability to play a 16 game season. Foles has a reputation for being inconsistent, and the highs, and lows are off the charts. I think he's your quintessential backup. I don't think he's a quarterback that can win enough games to take a team to the playoffs.

If Foles doesn't retire in 2 or 3 years I expect he'll be back with the Eagles as a backup. I don't think he's going to be successful in Jacksonville, and eventually he'll be released.

That's where I am with Foles.

Wentz play this year statistically was good he was hesitant, and indecisive something you haven't seen in him since he came into the league. He looked like a guy that tore 2 ligaments 9 months earlier and didn't have full confidence in his knee yet.

I don't think the Eagles have any concerns with Wentz and if he played for Dallas I wouldn't either. He is a difference maker that will only get better the older he gets.

My position on Wentz, and Dak hasn't changed. Wentz is the more talented of the 2, but Prescott's experience counts for something, and that can't be discounted. Prescott has played a lot of games in the NFL and participated in a lot of practices. He's at this point got far more game experience than Wentz at this point in their career.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
omg, how desperate are you...private messaged you!!!!? really!!! When!?, take a screen shot of it and share.........seriously dude you got some issues..... sorry, didn't mean to kick your arse in front of everyone....I know it hurt!
Oops! Sorry, it was another poster with a similar username. My mistake. Glad it wasn't you after all. lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
There's a couple things. Foles has never shown he has the ability to play a 16 game season. Foles has a reputation for being inconsistent, and the highs, and lows are off the charts. I think he's your quintessential backup. I don't think he's a quarterback that can win enough games to take a team to the playoffs.

If Foles doesn't retire in 2 or 3 years I expect he'll be back with the Eagles as a backup. I don't think he's going to be successful in Jacksonville, and eventually he'll be released.

That's where I am with Foles.

Wentz play this year statistically was good he was hesitant, and indecisive something you haven't seen in him since he came into the league. He looked like a guy that tore 2 ligaments 9 months earlier and didn't have full confidence in his knee yet.

I don't think the Eagles have any concerns with Wentz and if he played for Dallas I wouldn't either. He is a difference maker that will only get better the older he gets.

My position on Wentz, and Dak hasn't changed. Wentz is the more talented of the 2, but Prescott's experience counts for something, and that can't be discounted. Prescott has played a lot of games in the NFL and participated in a lot of practices. He's at this point got far more game experience than Wentz at this point in their career.
Foles just wins in crunch time, as opposed to George...err Carson Wentz. Give me THAT GUY who wins in crucial stretches anyday over a "potential" guy,period. Potential gets coaches fired and only means that its never really realized. Foles and Dak all day long...nothin fancy, just the w.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Foles just wins in crunch time, as opposed to George...err Carson Wentz. Give me THAT GUY who wins in crucial stretches anyday over a "potential" guy,period. Potential gets coaches fired and only means that its never really realized. Foles and Dak all day long...nothin fancy, just the w.
I don't agree with your assessment about winning in crunch time. Until last year Wentz excelled in crunch time. McNabb always sucked but I would much rather take Wentz over Foles.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
"Match Foles" - Does Dak have to do that as well? Did Dak have the playoff run that Foles had? Or is that just for rival players? Foles also is no longer with the Eagles, Wentz has that starting job.
In terms of the the overall success yes Dak does have to get to the SB. But the biggest difference is that he does not play for the Eagles. Wentz no matter how you cut it is following up a guy that gave more inspiration to the players on that roster than he ever has so far. Wentz will be fighting that headwind all season and its obvious in that. And everytime he fails he will be compared to Foles because of what he did period.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Foles has never shown to win in crunch time outside of his playoff run. That was it.

You get he has been in the league since 2012, right? Let's stop pretending Foles has been Brady 2.0 in the 4th quarter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, George would win too!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Foles has never shown to win in crunch time outside of his playoff run. That was it.

You get he has been in the league since 2012, right? Let's stop pretending Foles has been Brady 2.0 in the 4th quarter.
And it was only one game, the super bowl, which just happened to be against the 29th ranked D in the NFL. The Foles' O put up all 15 points vs ATL, and the game against MINN was a blowout, so Foles was only crunch in one game.

Never in my life have I seen so many sheeples anoint a player for one good game. It was bad enough w/ Lincoln Coleman and Clint Longley, but this is ridiculous.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
And it was only one game, the super bowl, which just happened to be against the 29th ranked D in the NFL. The Foles' O put up all 15 points vs ATL, and the game against MINN was a blowout, so Foles was only crunch in one game.

Never in my life have I seen so many sheeples anoint a player for one good game. It was bad enough w/ Lincoln Coleman and Clint Longley, but this is ridiculous.
To be fair, when that one game is the Super Bowl, and you beat Brady and Bellicheat, you get to brag a bit about a player.

kskboys

Reaction score
To be fair, when that one game is the Super Bowl, and you beat Brady and Bellicheat, you get to brag a bit about a player.
Absolutely!!!!!! However, anointing him as one of the best in the NFL is silly.