Dak Prescott in QB drills and 11vs11 at Dallas Cowboys Training Camp 8/11

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yes, Dak's mechanics do look improved. Willfully blind haters will say otherwise, followed with the obligatory, "I don't have time to teach you football."

To be honest, it's a pretty big game with a lot of rules so it would take quite a while to teach, lol.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
These drills need to be strikes. I don't know why we need to sprinkle optimism over Dak doing routine passes. Did we drop our standards that low for this guy? I remember seing Bledsoe do these drills just throwing rockets all over the field. And now Dak is doing average throws and we gotta pat him on the back and throw atta boys like they grow on trees.

Don't throw flat footed, get the ball out faster..get it done. I'm not giving him props for any of those throws. Routine as hell. Nope ain't happening

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
These drills need to be strikes. I don't know why we need to sprinkle optimism over Dak doing routine passes. Did we drop our standards that low for this guy? I remember seing Bledsoe do these drills just throwing rockets all over the field. And now Dak is doing average throws and we gotta pat him on the back and throw atta boys like they grow on trees.

Don't throw flat footed, get the ball out faster..get it done. I'm not giving him props for any of those throws. Routine as hell. Nope ain't happening

Bledsoe? Bledsoe is nothing more than a average QB with a rocket arm. A good QB is more than arm strength. Thus I don't get this infatuation with arm strength all of a sudden. Its not a a requirement to succeed in the NFL. Just ask Ryan Leaf or Joe Montana.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I agree. These are all average throws. None of this stuff should be difficult for any QB. Its Daks legs and leadership that separate him from the average QB. IF all guys look at is JUST his throwing they are completely missing the boat.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Im sure through the course of camp most will lose some battles, over all Taco is looking much improved.

If Taco cant win a starting job this year then he is garbage. We have NO one at RDE. If he cant beat out Crawford then he is no good to us.

CWR

Reaction score
If Taco cant win a starting job this year then he is garbage. We have NO one at RDE. If he cant beat out Crawford then he is no good to us.

Who said he cant win the job? Also, while you may view Crawford as garbage I dont think the coaches feel the same. Taco is improving as we had hoped, seems silly to throw out the ultimatums now. I take it you've been a huge Taco critic since drafting him? Once again we the fans will have to relax and give the player time to develop. As I recall Dlaw was garbage before last season as well lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who said he cant win the job? Also, while you may view Crawford as garbage I dont think the coaches feel the same. Taco is improving as we had hoped, seems silly to throw out the ultimatums now. I take it you've been a huge Taco critic since drafting him? Once again we the fans will have to relax and give the player time to develop. As I recall Dlaw was garbage before last season as well lol.

No one said he couldnt. But as of now, he is playing LDE behind Lawrence as he did last year. Crawford is far from Garbage. Very solid, but nothing special at all. He is a better DT than DE.

DLaw is the exception not the rule.

Reactions: CWR

keysersoze

Reaction score
Bledsoe? Bledsoe is nothing more than a average QB with a rocket arm. A good QB is more than arm strength. Thus I don't get this infatuation with arm strength all of a sudden. Its not a a requirement to succeed in the NFL. Just ask Ryan Leaf or Joe Montana.
Or Tom Brady

nobody

Reaction score

Have you ever tried altering your throwing technique? I have. It takes time and conscious effort, which robbed my throws of speed until I was used to it and had the muscle memory down...then I could throw a lot harder with better accuracy. He'll do fine. Give it time.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I just threw his name out there I've seen plenty of qbs live throwing the ball around. What I'm getting at is that the video didn't show anything good or even above average in terms of how he throws the ball. It's not just arm strength it's how long he takes to throws the ball and his placement. Not to mention the mechanics look bad.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I just threw his name out there I've seen plenty of qbs live throwing the ball around. What I'm getting at is that the video didn't show anything good or even above average in terms of how he throws the ball. It's not just arm strength it's how long he takes to throws the ball and his placement. Not to mention the mechanics look bad.
SMDH

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Yeah you must be a fan of Mike White. Good form, strong arm, and so forth. Unfortunately, he threw two INTs today. Go figure.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I thought Dak looked decent and hopefully he will continue growth! I am one of his biggest critics and I want to see him succeed but at the same time I look around and the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence. I was watching the Cardinals play the Chargers. OMG that kid Josh Rosen was throwing lasers all over the field but the WR were dropping these fast balls and his oline wasnt giving him much protection at all. What I saw was a kid with a ton of upside that needs to gear down just a little. When I look at Dak I see a guy that has hit the ceiling and he wont every be able to place the ball where Rosen was throwing.
Who knows how this is going to play out with Dak but hopefully with this running game he wont need to try and be an elite QB.