Video: Dak Prescott Mic'd Up vs. Giants "Hey Dez Listen, But Don't Pay Attention" | NFL

Darkhound

Reaction score
In MY specific case... I dont put on question (for now) his commitment, or leadership skills. For me the ISSUE is that he is not a TOP NOTCH QB or a AAA+ QB. He has limited skills

Aftershock

Reaction score
:facepalm: this is what our standards have become? so a guy that hops around the field all game and is energetic, shouting useless things that mean nothing, obviously has camaraderie with his teammates and that's LEADERSHIP?

When I think of "LEADER" I think of this:

Men that don't take crap from no one and expect 100% EFFORT out of EVERYONE at all times.

I have NEVER seen Dak disciplining anyone on his team. He's a friendly, happy go-lucky guy. OH and he can cry on camera for everyone's sympathy too

Wood

Reaction score
Some people on this board say

I say they are incorrect. This kid is all about leading this team.

To me leaders elevate players around them to do things they normally could not do on their own. When Dak was drafted all we heard about was his intangibles/leadership. Unfortunately that has not translated at NFL level yet. This is big year for Dak to put it all together.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak is a competent leader but he’s an average Quarterback

By default every Qb is a leader as they are the flipping Quarterback of an offense

What he can’t do and hasn’t done, is win many meaningful games. That’s a fact but we can talk if ha elevates his game in the playoffs and get to a championship game.......so far he’s hasn’t

shabazz

Reaction score
:facepalm: this is what our standards have become? so a guy that hops around the field all game and is energetic, shouting useless things that mean nothing, obviously has camaraderie with his teammates and that's LEADERSHIP?

Men that don't take crap from no one and expect 100% EFFORT out of EVERYONE at all times.

I have NEVER seen Dak disciplining anyone on his team. He's a friendly, happy go-lucky guy. OH and he can cry on camera for everyone's sympathy too

This is the era of overhyped, overpaid players at the Qb position. With the exception of Mr Mahomes the rest are average. A few are exciting to watch like Lamar and his exceptional running skills, but otherwise a lot of overhyped mediocrity

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Really? So if you never saw it that means it didn't happen?

Dak as a 4th round pick and 3rd string QB disciplines Dez during practice. This was talked about but none of us saw it.....but it happened

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the era of overhyped, overpaid players at the Qb position. With the exception of Mr Mahomes the rest are average. A few are exciting to watch like Lamar and his exceptional running skills, but otherwise a lot of overhyped mediocrity
There have always been a few elite QBs and a next tier, and a next tier after that. That's not new. The number in the elite tier currently may fade some with Brady, Brees and Rogers aging, but that happens too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just defining leadership is tricky because so many see that differently.

I can play devil's advocate on this with Prescott as well. They were in games that they lost last season because he could not lift them as Staubach might have but then he had that Captain Comeback reputation so leadership was built in. Prescott exhibits leadership but is that true leadership or does it just look like it? Isn't the QB the one position that has leadership built in? A QB has to lose that like Cutler did.

We talk leadership but we don't talk about the other side of that, those that respond to leadership and I can tell you there are a lot of people that do not respond to leadership. For their own reasons, they choose not to be led, even when it's for their own good.

Dak Prescott acts and looks like a leader and has since I started watching him at Miss St. The one thing that stood out to me was coming off the bench to be the QB1 was if he had just been waiting for that. His high school coach and Dan Mullen, his college coach, both remarked about how he just took over and that word leader was used a lot. What he lacked in raw QB talent, accuracy, he made up for in one single leadership trait, doing whatever necessary to make the play, including sacrificing his own body to do that. Nothing is more leadership oriented that that one thing.

Wasn't that the Staubach trait? He'd stick his head in there to gain a yard and get knocked silly doing it, caused him to retire early but he only had one mode, all out. His players knew that if they gave him the time he would get it done or die hard trying. And that is all anyone can ask of a leader.

Leadership back then was a lot easier when they could keep a team together and trust building was accelerated. Unless the QB is some superstar like Mahomes, it takes time and if you noticed the Chiefs in the offseason, they went overboard to keep his team together and it showed last night as did the Texans lack of doing that on offense.

shabazz

Reaction score
There have always been a few elite QBs and a next tier, and a next tier after that. That's not new. The number in the elite tier currently may fade some with Brady, Brees and Rogers aging, but that happens too.

True but to me there seem to be an unwarranted need to put lLamar,Murray and Watson into the same tier as Mahomes........they shouldn’t be getting anything near Mahomes or Wilson money....but that just my opinion.

I purposely left Dakota out of those example so my point could be construed as an agenda against Dak.

And 100% percent agree that Brees, Brady and Rodgers are out of the elite tier at this point

Carson

Reaction score
Man that entire squad is gone lol

Switzer, Rod Smith, Dez, Beasley, Williams, Witten, Frederick

Crazy!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same happened with Aikman, Young, Elway, Kelly and Marino. The mind wants to go where the body can no longer follow.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question but what Dak has won the hearts, souls and minds of his teammates! The next level of that leadership will be to prove his superiority in undeniable terms in the field and on the scoreboard. He now has the offensive talent and an improved defense to back him in terms of reaching that goal.
I wish him the best of luck in fulfilling that ambition. May the wind be at his back and our opponents be thwarted in doing so!:thumbup:

Last edited: