Dak Prescott Needs to Save His Job with the Dak Attack

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has been butt awful turning the ball over, slinging the ball around like a fool for Garrett and Boy Genius. It has not worked and has the Cowboys mediocre 6-6. Prescott was known for being the anti Romo. Now he is a horrible version of Romo.

Dak needs to take the sack, run the ball or throw it away like he did in 2016 and the later half of 2018 when he finally got someone to throw to in Amari Cooper.

People forget that Staubach called his own plays to start his career and then audible out of a lot of Landry calls during his career. Not that Landry did not know what he was doing like Jason Garrett does not know diddly poo. Staubach would save Landry from his big engineering brain self sabatoge. Staubach was the commander that could pull a loss out of the hat and play a winning hand. Dak has that ability but not changing plays like Staubach but running, and throwing it away like Staubach.

If Dak Prescott throws for 5000 yards the Dallas Cowboys will be 6-10 at the end of the season. He is not a gunslinger but a winning QB that does what it takes to win. He has not done that in 2019. So he needs to go back and look at 2016 and the last 8 games of 2018 to see what a winning QB looks like. Go back to the Dak Attack.

BHendri5

Reaction score
How long have you been watching the Cowboys? Staubach called his own plays? I have been a Cowboys fan since 1965, you're going to tell me and others that has been a fan since then or longer that Staubach called his own plays, What was Landry calling? Why do Drew Pearson say Landry sent in plays with the WRs

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak Prescott has been butt awful turning the ball over, slinging the ball around like a fool for Garrett and Boy Genius. It has not worked and has the Cowboys mediocre 6-6. Prescott was known for being the anti Romo. Now he is a horrible version of Romo.

Dak needs to take the sack, run the ball or throw it away like he did in 2016 and the later half of 2018 when he finally got someone to throw to in Amari Cooper.

People forget that Staubach called his own plays to start his career and then audible out of a lot of Landry calls during his career. Not that Landry did not know what he was doing like Jason Garrett does not know diddly poo. Staubach would save Landry from his big engineering brain self sabatoge. Staubach was the commander that could pull a loss out of the hat and play a winning hand. Dak has that ability but not changing plays like Staubach but running, and throwing it away like Staubach.

If Dak Prescott throws for 5000 yards the Dallas Cowboys will be 6-10 at the end of the season. He is not a gunslinger but a winning QB that does what it takes to win. He has not done that in 2019. So he needs to go back and look at 2016 and the last 8 games of 2018 to see what a winning QB looks like. Go back to the Dak Attack.
His job’s not in jeopardy. The thread is moot.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
How long have you been watching the Cowboys? Staubach called his own plays? I have been a Cowboys fan since 1965, you're going to tell me and others that has been a fan since then or longer that Staubach called his own plays, What was Landry calling? Why do Drew Pearson say Landry sent in plays with the WRs
When Staubach Mother was sick Landry thought it best that he would take the play calling decision from Staubach. Coaches would shuttle in plays and let the QB run his choice. Once that was taken away Staubach complied with Landry play calling but would audible a lot. See NFL A Football Life, Roger Staubach.

Unless Staubach was lying about his mother's illness and Landry, stranger things have happened but I doubt it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I've always been very critical of Dak. But I don't think he's the problem now. I think if he leads a motivated team there is no stopping the Cowboys. But this team right now is anything but.
He is part of the problem because he is not playing like a field general or bus driver. I am seeing Dak throw side arm, and flinging the ball with no body motion (see that horrible miss to Zeke). That is not Dak Attack football. Has he improve as a passer this year? yes if you like stats and No if you like wins.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Dak Prescott has 11 picks and one fumble lost for the season.

That's not a terrible performance by any stretch. Particularly since he's among the lead leaders in pass attempts and since at least two of those picks were the receiver's fault and another two were on hail mary attempts at the end of games.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Its a team sport last I checked and Dak is holding up his end. He's basically become Romo.

NorTex

Reaction score
I'd just like to see him scramble for positive yards on early downs more often AND pass the ball to Zeke much quicker and more frequently.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Honestly, I believe Dak should be allowed to test the open market. I believe he is an above average QB but the money he wants is top 3 in the NFL. I don’t think the rest of the league thinks that highly of him. He is basing his price on the fact that Dallas has no better option and he is right. But that doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice the future because he is our best option now. They can still beat any offer from another team. The fact is for Dak to be successful he requires top talent around him. You can’t pay Dak top dollar and still afford the help he needs around him.