Dak Prescott Needs to Save His Job with the Dak Attack

conner01

Reaction score
Honestly, I believe Dak should be allowed to test the open market. I believe he is an above average QB but the money he wants is top 3 in the NFL. I don’t think the rest of the league thinks that highly of him. He is basing his price on the fact that Dallas has no better option and he is right. But that doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice the future because he is our best option now. They can still beat any offer from another team. The fact is for Dak to be successful he requires top talent around him. You can’t pay Dak top dollar and still afford the help he needs around him.
Cousins got huge money because he was best option availible
Dak will too
If not here then somewhere else
Top 5 QB’s don’t hit the market so it doesn’t matter what the cost is, they aren’t available
Dak will get huge money not because he is one of the elite few but because he’s up for a contract
That’s how it works
Pay him or someone else will and you start over again

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly, I believe Dak should be allowed to test the open market. I believe he is an above average QB but the money he wants is top 3 in the NFL. I don’t think the rest of the league thinks that highly of him. He is basing his price on the fact that Dallas has no better option and he is right. But that doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice the future because he is our best option now. They can still beat any offer from another team. The fact is for Dak to be successful he requires top talent around him. You can’t pay Dak top dollar and still afford the help he needs around him.

I think a team like Chicago would absolutely pay him top 3. Letting him test the market can not help our cause.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
PerfumedDisguisedBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Cousins got huge money because he was best option availible
Dak will too
If not here then somewhere else
Top 5 QB’s don’t hit the market so it doesn’t matter what the cost is, they aren’t available
Dak will get huge money not because he is one of the elite few but because he’s up for a contract
That’s how it works
Pay him or someone else will and you start over again
I agree given the track record in the league. But from my POV as a recliner jockey, I see this as a lose/loose situation. Pay Dak then let the help he requires walk, or let Dak walk and start the hunt for a championship QB over again. Either way a Super Bowl doesn’t seem to be in the cards. I just don’t see how it’s possible to pay him what he is asking knowing what results he gives without an Amari on the outside and an all-pro line in front of him.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has been butt awful turning the ball over, slinging the ball around like a fool for Garrett and Boy Genius. It has not worked and has the Cowboys mediocre 6-6. Prescott was known for being the anti Romo. Now he is a horrible version of Romo.

Dak needs to take the sack, run the ball or throw it away like he did in 2016 and the later half of 2018 when he finally got someone to throw to in Amari Cooper.

People forget that Staubach called his own plays to start his career and then audible out of a lot of Landry calls during his career. Not that Landry did not know what he was doing like Jason Garrett does not know diddly poo. Staubach would save Landry from his big engineering brain self sabatoge. Staubach was the commander that could pull a loss out of the hat and play a winning hand. Dak has that ability but not changing plays like Staubach but running, and throwing it away like Staubach.

If Dak Prescott throws for 5000 yards the Dallas Cowboys will be 6-10 at the end of the season. He is not a gunslinger but a winning QB that does what it takes to win. He has not done that in 2019. So he needs to go back and look at 2016 and the last 8 games of 2018 to see what a winning QB looks like. Go back to the Dak Attack.
AdorableDiligentGoldfish-small.gif

willia451

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has been butt awful turning the ball over, slinging the ball around like a fool for Garrett and Boy Genius. It has not worked and has the Cowboys mediocre 6-6. Prescott was known for being the anti Romo. Now he is a horrible version of Romo.

Dak needs to take the sack, run the ball or throw it away like he did in 2016 and the later half of 2018 when he finally got someone to throw to in Amari Cooper.

People forget that Staubach called his own plays to start his career and then audible out of a lot of Landry calls during his career. Not that Landry did not know what he was doing like Jason Garrett does not know diddly poo. Staubach would save Landry from his big engineering brain self sabatoge. Staubach was the commander that could pull a loss out of the hat and play a winning hand. Dak has that ability but not changing plays like Staubach but running, and throwing it away like Staubach.

If Dak Prescott throws for 5000 yards the Dallas Cowboys will be 6-10 at the end of the season. He is not a gunslinger but a winning QB that does what it takes to win. He has not done that in 2019. So he needs to go back and look at 2016 and the last 8 games of 2018 to see what a winning QB looks like. Go back to the Dak Attack.

Best post this year. For you, sir, I will reveal my true form. Call me.

nHAaQZW.jpg

mmohican29

Reaction score

Sort of agree with you, but he is hardly indiscriminately "slinging it around". The run game has been atrocious and it's been all Dak to get anything going.

In 2016 the offense moved with a controlled passing game and Zeke. Maybe if Zeke finally warms up, we can be more precision.

mmohican29

Reaction score

You'd realize the folly here when one of Jax, Miami, Chicago, San Diego, TB find a way to fund Dak along with the garbage QB they are already paying or plan to divorce from at season's end.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott is the least of this team’s long list of problems. If half of the players and coaches on this team gave as much of their heart as Dak, we would have won a lot more games.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
You'd realize the folly here when one of Jax, Miami, Chicago, San Diego, TB find a way to fund Dak along with the garbage QB they are already paying or plan to divorce from at season's end.
I agree that another team would be willing to pay. He has shown to be a low risk franchise QB and I personally love him sporting a star on his helmet. I also think that any of the teams that shell out that kind of money would end up the same as I fear Dallas will when Jerry pays him the money he will undoubtedly get.

We all saw last season how it was going before the trade for Cooper. We saw it again this season against the Jets. Now Dak and Amari both want top of their position pay. Let’s speculate that Jerry pays both to keep it going. Tyron Smith is declining rapidly and a retool of the O-Line is coming sooner rather than later. With the decline in line play goes the running game. Ultimately we will be relying on Dak with less time to throw which seems like a dead end road.

Only way I can see to avoid this is the franchise tag which is looking more likely by the week. Then seeing what the new HC has in store next season and plan accordingly. QB’s who can overcome average talent around them are few and far between. It seems foolish to commit to a QB who depends on top talent then systematically lose the talent he depends on.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is the least of this team’s long list of problems. If half of the players and coaches on this team gave as much of their heart as Dak, we would have won a lot more games.
Agreed. It’s just unfortunate he won’t take top 10 QB money as opposed to top 3. I have no doubt Jerry will pay him and he will retire a Cowboy. His job is safe. The price he is demanding will cost him a championship IMO.

BHendri5

Reaction score
When Staubach Mother was sick Landry thought it best that he would take the play calling decision from Staubach. Coaches would shuttle in plays and let the QB run his choice. Once that was taken away Staubach complied with Landry play calling but would audible a lot. See NFL A Football Life, Roger Staubach.

Unless Staubach was lying about his mother's illness and Landry, stranger things have happened but I doubt it.

uh, that’s not calling your own plays, he had his pick of two plays, he would choose a play depending on what look the defenses gave him, just like today’s game except there is voice communication instead of sending players with the plays. Now the elite QBs ala Romo, Brady, Brees, Rogers, will sometimes scrap not plays and call their own

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He’s leading the league in passing(some genius said that was impossible) and his job is in jeopardy.

I don’t understand how some can be so disconnected from reality. Yet, capable enough to type.

Nav22

Reaction score
This thread makes very little sense.

That being said, Dak hasn’t played his best football these last few games.

Unfortunately, the defense and special teams have been trash, so we need Dak to be great. “Good” won’t get it done.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has 11 picks and one fumble lost for the season.

That's not a terrible performance by any stretch. Particularly since he's among the lead leaders in pass attempts and since at least two of those picks were the receiver's fault and another two were on hail mary attempts at the end of games.
Your right that its not a terrible performance. Dak moves the ball fine between the 20s its when he gets into the redzone this team struggles.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Is Moore calling plays like he has a Peyton Manning at QB? Or is Dak killing run plays to pad his stats, in a contract year.

That no sign pact between Dak and Cooper is looking more and more like an conspiracy every day. Padding both of their stats, so both can recieve huge paydays.

Message to Dak: Your stats are up but your stock is down, too many losses. You are now looking like a tag and replace QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Da
This thread makes very little sense.

That being said, Dak hasn’t played his best football these last few games.

Unfortunately, the defense and special teams have been trash, so we need Dak to be great. “Good” won’t get it done.

You forgot to add that if you want to really shut down Daks passing game just hand him the ball in the redzone.