Dak Prescott Predictions

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why don’t the people who manage this team become more critical about player performance? What I’m saying is that Cowboys get stuck on mediocre performing players because the management can’t seem to evaluate performance. Dak is likable but average. Get rid of him. Get rid of Dalton for the same reason. Find a good QB.
You don't think Dak even qualifies as a "good" QB? That belief pretty much kills any chance at reasonable discussion.

If you want to say he isn't "elite" in the mold of Mahomes, Brady or Rodgers, then you have a basis for discussion, but even then the notion that a team can just go out and get that level of QB just by deciding it wants one is pretty misguided. It's so rare, in fact, that out of those QBs you have to go back over years to find when one was drafted, and over years to find when another was drafted. They don't grow in trees.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He isn't the answer at the price tag he is demanding. If someone else wants to be dumb enough to pay Prescott's demands then have at it. It will be another Kurt Cousins situation where you have an overpaid QB who is good enough to beat up on the minnows of the league but forget about him showing up when placed in competition against the better teams.

Dak also plays RB, OL, TE, WR, DL, LB, CB, S, special teams too. Because we know they ALWAYS showed up vs the better teams, unlike Dak.

Last edited:

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think Dak will play 2021 on a one year franchise deal again. Dallas isn't going to increase their contract offer from last offseason and I think Dak will want options in 2022, when his value may be sky high.

I agree with this strategy. Signing a QB coming off a serious injury is risky to begin with. It’s much more risky when you consider we’ll be committing 20% of our cap to him over several years.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak also plays RB, OL, TE, WR, DL, LB, CB, S, special teams too. Because we know they ALWAYS showed up vs the better teams too, unlike Dak.

Yes more excuses it's the RB, OL, TE.....etc. Here is a clue, Dak's lackluster play against better opponents is irrespective of the bad play by the RB and OL. Yea Zeke sucked last year, how does that excuses Dak's inability to move the team against better defenses? At some point you have to recognize that you have a player who needs a lot around him to actually win and if he needs that level of assistance from the OL and the RB and the WR's and the TE etc etc then what the hell sort of elite player are we talking about here? Hell I understand that a QB needs a OL that can provide a decent pocket to throw from but this guy has already proven that unless you have perfection on the OL he struggles. Unless his WR's are getting fairly significant separation he struggles. Dak Prescott is not the QB who elevates those around him. He's the QB who needs everyone else around him playing at peak efficiency.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think Dak will play 2021 on a one year franchise deal again. Dallas isn't going to increase their contract offer from last offseason and I think Dak will want options in 2022, when his value may be sky high.

I agree with this strategy. Signing a QB coming off a serious injury is risky to begin with. It’s much more risky when you consider we’ll be committing 30% of our cap to him over several years.

Take it from an orthopedic surgeon with 17 years’ experience as an NFL head team doctor rather than a locally-known radio personality with approximately zero: Dak Prescott’s career is not coming to an end.

Weighing in on the latest rumor concerning the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Dr. David Chao — popularly referred to on Twitter as the “Pro Football Doc” — strongly refuted speculation that Prescott may never play again due to a presumed injury setback.

“No way #Dak doesn’t play again, IMO. BTW, I might win the lottery. There is a chance he is not 100%, but I think he makes a full recovery,” Chao tweeted Saturday.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
orthopedic surgeon with 17 years’ experience as an NFL head team doctor rather than a locally-known radio personality with approximately zero: Dak Prescott’s career is not coming to an end.

Can said Orthopedic surgeon tell us how this injury will affect his future performance? Can he guarantee that there won't be any lingering effects from it?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Take it from an orthopedic surgeon with 17 years’ experience as an NFL head team doctor rather than a locally-known radio personality with approximately zero: Dak Prescott’s career is not coming to an end.

Weighing in on the latest rumor concerning the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Dr. David Chao — popularly referred to on Twitter as the “Pro Football Doc” — strongly refuted speculation that Prescott may never play again due to a presumed injury setback.

“No way #Dak doesn’t play again, IMO. BTW, I might win the lottery. There is a chance he is not 100%, but I think he makes a full recovery,” Chao tweeted Saturday.

Jerry isn’t signing Dak long term until it’s 100% certain he’s back to normal. That won’t happen before July 15th imo.

If Dak shines next season, it will work out for him in 2022 when several teams have to battle it out for him.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Jerry isn’t signing Dak long term until it’s 100% certain he’s back to normal. That won’t happen before July 15th imo.

If Dak shines next season, it will work out for him in 2022 when several teams have to battle it out for him.

Well see.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're keeping score, Dr. Chao is the same guy who was a complete joke when he said Jaylon Smith is past the point of any hope for a full recovery.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Again, did Aikman win without Emmitt? Answer that.

Okay, Aikman won nothing without Emmitt and Emmitt won nothing without Aikman and neither of them won anything without Michael or the offensive line and were barely good enough to win without Jimmy.

Now, given that I have just stated this explain how Dak Prescott demanding elite money that will surely wreck the cap and affect the team that is placed around him. Let us not forget that Prescott is no Aikman and does not have a team that is anywhere close to being as stacked as that 90's team oh and the real rub in all this - WE HAVE A SALARY CAP that did not hinder that 90's team - certainly not when it was put together.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? Dak Prescott isn't Aikman, not even close.
It doesn't matter if he is, it still proves that other QBs need help from the talent around them as well. The fact you just dismissed that indicates you aren't really interested in fair discussion.