Dak Prescott QB rating under pressure

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
No Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers, Rivers, Rothelisberger....

Yea this aint it chief
Mahomes....LOL. Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Rothelisberger all have the experience to know when to throw it away so their numbers under pressure are lower. Mahomes is going to see a new NFL next year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak Prescott will be, without question, performing with a somewhat skeptical fanbase that expects and hopes for his development to continue to improve admirably. There's no doubt whatsoever that he'll be intensely scrutinized in the hope that his team's playoff success of last year might be repeated and perhaps even improved upon. In any event, it seems a given that the Dallas Cowboys front office is intent upon rewarding him generously with a new contract. For his own good and that of the team, here's hoping he'll skillfully earn their faith and generosity in no uncertain terms. (~crossing fingers~)

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Mahomes....LOL. Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Rothelisberger all have the experience to know when to throw it away so their numbers under pressure are lower. Mahomes is going to see a new NFL next year.

Yeah "LOL" at the NFL MVP....

If only he was Dak with his *squint* 22 TD passes.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Like others have said Dak just holds the ball way too long.. he needs to do his reads faster and if theres an opening let it RIP.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Rothelisberger all have the experience to know when to throw it away so their numbers under pressure are lower.
Not all the top veteran QB respond to pressure the same way. Their rank according to passer rating when pressured:
3 Ryan
4 Wilson
6 Rivers
8 Brees
17 Brady
21 Rodgers
23 Roethlisberger

sean10mm

Reaction score
It makes sense that a QB who isn't in a well designed offense would play better working outside the scheme than within it. I mostly feel better when a play breaks down and Dak rolls out to throw or pick up yards running than I do watching him try to impersonate Aikman when a) he's not that guy and b) it's not 1992 and those play designs are painfully stale.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

If he's #2 in the league in playmaking under pressure AND he's the most clutch QB in the league, the only area where he doesn't dazzle is throwing from the pocket. But he's a pretty good pocket QB, just not a 117.2 rating one, but that'll improve with improved play from his O-line.
Like all of Dak's positive numbers.....these numbers skewed to make Dak look good. In reality Dak is the worse QB in the NFL under pressure. We know this because we see the games.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That was sarcasm..
The last guy is no longer relevant in any debate about Dak.....it's about now, wherewwe areaand future of cowboys..... Nothing else is relevant or matters.

The good news is we have a new offense coming but to say the previous qb did or didn’t have similar issues with the scheme is relevant because it shows part of the problem was in fact, many patterns take longer to develop...

Again that is only Part of the problem, not the entire problem...

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

If he's #2 in the league in playmaking under pressure AND he's the most clutch QB in the league, the only area where he doesn't dazzle is throwing from the pocket. But he's a pretty good pocket QB, just not a 117.2 rating one, but that'll improve with improved play from his O-line.

I don't like Prescott's inaccuracy from the pocket. But he's not Quincy Carter, who was a complete train wreck. He does a lot of things pretty well, and he has room to get better. I've got no problems with the Cowboys tying themselves to him for at least the next 3 seasons. In fact, I'd be upset if they didn't make the commitment, because there are no other viable options. Regardless of what the future holds, the best decision the Cowboys can make under current circumstances is to sign Dak long-term.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
nothing will change the minds of Das lovers group.

no statistics, no amount of times he has put the team in losing position, no average passer, nothing. they have a pre-determined opinion of him and a predetermined idea of what a franchise QB he is and how he plays in their minds. to them, Das is Brady, Rogerish guru that can lift mountains by himself

I doubt if continued years of averageness would change these people's mind and its unfortunate. To them all failures are somebody else's fault or responsibility and all victories are because of Dak.

Make if we take the time to really evaluate Dak and really see that he is nothing but an average passer and middle of the pack QB, then we may actually understand what we have to do to truly succeed.

but, again, I can't change the Das lovers' agenda. I am totally staying out of it once they give him a new deal, as that would spell another few years of mediocrity and excuses. just get ready

I see what you did there. I respect your right to your own opinion, but how many times have the Cowboys lost a game solely because of poor play by Dak?

The only times I can think of is the 2016 game vs. the Giants in December (two picks in a 10-7 loss) and the Seattle game towards the end of 2017 (when both Dak and Dez stunk up the stadium).

I never put Prescott on a level with Brady and Rodgers. I just find it amazing so many people dwell on what Dak isn't while ignoring the tangible results. The Cowboys have been consistent winners since he took over, and both times Prescott has lost a playoff game the defense performed poorly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How is Pat Mahomes not on that list? Does he get rid of the ball that quick?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How is Pat Mahomes not on that list? Does he get rid of the ball that quick?

He's likely not under pressure that much. If he had more throws under pressure his passer rating on such throws would likely be high enough to get on this list.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's likely not under pressure that much. If he had more throws under pressure his passer rating on such throws would likely be high enough to get on this list.
So you are saying Mahomes's OL keeps him cleaner than Dak's does to him?