News: Dak Prescott, Randall Cobb connection taking off in Cowboys’ OTA’s

zekecowboy

Reaction score
It’s not often that you see Randall Cobb drop a pass, especially when he’s on the move -- but that was the case during the two-minute drill. The defense brought a slot blitz from Prescott’s right and both he and Cobb read it perfectly. Cobb worked up the field, then broke to the inside. Heath tried to catch up but there was slight separation. Prescott put the ball on Cobb head high, which is usually money for him -- but he just couldn’t come down with it. In talking to people around The Star, it appears that the Prescott/Cobb connection has taken off in a positive way.

While some may take the first part of this quote in with some concern, I think it’s very important to read the entirety of the quote before freaking out. Even though the main reason for this quote was to highlight a big drop from Cobb in practice, Broaddus made a point to mention that many people who work inside The Star are very excited about the connection that Dak Prescott, and Randall Cobb have developed early on.

If Cobb can come in and put up similar numbers/play that he did in his prime years in 2014-2015, the Cowboys will have severely upgraded their receiving corps in 2019 with the addition of Cobb, a full offseason with Amari Cooper, and a second-year jump from Michael Gallup.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ll-cobb-connection-taking-off-in-cowboys-otas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wow. There is nothing but good news this time of year. Where does all of that go during the season?

This is the time of year to get hyped about the Jihad Ward types.

Pads come on and reality sets in.

Cobb is a good player but I can’t see his production dramatically increasing with Dak throwing him the ball now instead of Rodgers unless he gives Cobb a lot of short stuff like Beasley.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If Cobb can come in and put up similar numbers/play that he did in his prime years in 2014-2015,

Cobb made the Pro Bowl in 2014, the only time in his career, hasn't sniffed it since, and is touted as a new offensive playmaker.

Sean Lee made the Pro Bowl in 2015 and 2016, and All Pro in 2016, and is treated as an after thought that a lot of people want cut.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Cobb is a good player but I can’t see his production dramatically increasing with Dak throwing him the ball now instead of Rodgers unless he gives Cobb a lot of short stuff like Beasley.
Yup. He's also further down on the depth chart than Beasley was. 40 catches would be a pretty good year for Cobb, I think.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the time of year to get hyped about the Jihad Ward types.

Pads come on and reality sets in.

I seen AR throw quite a few dud passes last season, obviously more than Dak since they didn't even make the playoffs. :muttley: