Dak Prescott stats when the game is tied in the 4th quarter or OT

TWOK11

Reaction score
63-80 (78.7%)
848 passing yards (10.6 YPA)
9 touchdowns
0 interceptions
148.3 passer rating

Among players with at least 50 attempts in such situations, that’s the highest QB rating, YPA and completion % in NFL history. The next closest in terms of rating is 128.2. Dak has the second most pass attempts ever without an INT in this scenario.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I heard somewhere on one of the shows that Prescott is perfect in overtimes...in other words no incompletions. Just going by what they said, did not verify it myself since i am too lazy at the moment. :)

Ok, i did verify it now....18-18 in 4 career OT games, for 3 GW TDs....

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Watching the Sounds of the Game, two things I liked from Dak:

He was leading the huddle. It's pretty common to see a QB defer to someone else. He led it, you could tell he wanted to beat the dynasty team as much as anyone else.

The hi-lo play. Diggs interception. Then they hit the bomb on us. Dak doesn't look bothered at all, grabs his helmet quickly cause he knows what he has to do, and on his way out with the players, all he's telling them is "We got them right where we want them." :flagwave:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I was going to ask it in a completely new thread but I can just as well ask here.. Why is it so hard for some people to accept that Dak Prescott now throws the ball as well as ANYBODY. He doesn't have to take a back seat to Rodgers, Mahomes, Herbert, Stafford, Brady.. whoever people wanna hold up as the flavor of the month.. Just watch the guy play.. He's droppin more dimes than a stool pigeon in an Edward G Robinson movie.. The old "so and so has better arm talent" canard needs to be put to bed once and for all. Those guys just came into the league better prepared to make NFL throws based on the offenses they played in at college. People have been lazily equating "better prepared as a passer" with having better arm talent. Sorry but it's just not true anymore, if it ever was. Dak is able to put it between the numbers from 40 yards away now. The evidence is steadily mounting that now that that he has had 5 years to work on his craft Dak has arrived at a level where he can spin it as well as anybody.. Brees has said it, Peyton and Eli said it.. Belichick said it.. Why are there morons in this fan base still hell bent on denying it? Are they just blind?

pansophy

Reaction score
I was going to ask it in a completely new thread but I can just as well ask here.. Why is it so hard for some people to accept that Dak Prescott now throws the ball as well as ANYBODY. He doesn't have to take a back seat to Rodgers, Mahomes, Herbert, Stafford, Brady.. whoever people wanna hold up as the flavor of the month.. Just watch the guy play.. He's droppin more dimes than a stool pigeon in an Edward G Robinson movie.. The old "so and so has better arm talent" canard needs to be put to bed once and for all. Those guys just came into the league better prepared to make NFL throws based on the offenses they played in at college. People have been lazily equating "better prepared as a passer" with having better arm talent. Sorry but it's just not true anymore, if it ever was. Dak is able to put it between the numbers from 40 yards away now. The evidence is steadily mounting that now that that he has had 5 years to work on his craft Dak has arrived at a level where he can spin it as well as anybody.. Brees has said it, Peyton and Eli said it.. Belichick said it.. Why are there morons in this fan base still hell bent on denying it? Are they just blind?
I think once people have a story about someone it’s hard to rewrite it, especially when people are arguing their points for a few years. He really wasn’t an accurate passer his first 3 years. End of year 3 command of the offense and anticipation really started to show. Year 4, and the new throwing motion, is what sold me. Those first 3 games was watching a different guy. He had shoulder issues the 2nd half of the year and that affected his accuracy. In hindsight, it was probably due to the new motion and the same issue he felt this year that led to shutting down the arm and a new warm up.

Point being, people saw inaccurate throws and so the story wasn’t rewritten even though it was due to injury. Had he gone all year without injury I don’t think these conversations would be happening. Last year would have done it except the ankle injury knocks him out. I think some guys just need to see a whole season of him throwing like he has to rewrite the story in their head.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But...but...but (insert which other QB you prefer) is supposedly better and more clutch than Dak!!! I've heard it around here over the years...

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score

Some are Romo fans still upset how things went down in 2016.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? It’s wasted energy. Let them carry on and continue to essentially make fools of themselves. At this point, if they haven’t acknowledged Dak, they never will.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Lol… this kinda trashes the haters whole “garbage time” Prescott schtick lol

runover-kid.gif

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
63-80 (78.7%)
848 passing yards (10.6 YPA)
9 touchdowns
0 interceptions
148.3 passer rating

Among players with at least 50:lmao::lmao: attempts in such situations, that’s the highest QB rating, YPA and completion % in NFL history. The next closest in terms of rating is 128.2. Dak has the second most pass attempts ever without an INT in this scenario.
Dak still doesn't pass the eye test though.
:lmao:LOL-JK