Dak Prescott to join Ezekiel Elliott in being done for preseason

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why do we practice then? Injuries happen there all the time.

No doubt injury can happen in practice but practice is a more controlled environment. They don’t let defense put hits on the QB. With 2 Pro Bowl linemen out Dallas is choosing not to put their QB at risk. I understand that reasoning. Does not mean I would not like to see Dak get some reps but I do understand the Cowboys stance on this and make sense.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think this is the recipe for starting 0-1. I could be wrong but.....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No doubt injury can happen in practice but practice is a more controlled environment. They don’t let defense put hits on the QB. With 2 Pro Bowl linemen out Dallas is choosing not to put their QB at risk. I understand that reasoning. Does not mean I would not like to see Dak get some reps but I do understand the Cowboys stance on this and make sense.
As long as players are running, there is a high risk of injury.

You can't prevent injuries.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The offense rolled 3 out of 4 drives. They'll be fine. No need risking a stupid injury in a useless, meaningless game to a franchise player.
Ring a bell?

Batman1980

Reaction score

Zeke is far less likely to get hurt in practice than he is running full or half-speed into other players.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak could probably use the reps, but the value of half a games reps is outweighed by the fact he could get killed with Chas Green getting a lik playing time. Then you guys would be moaning that even a blind man could see that coming.

Dak, Zeke, Martin, Frederick, Collins, Tyron, Lee and Lawrence should probably have not played at all in the preseason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

No you can't but you can lessen the chance, again practice they do not let defenders hit the QB. Ask yourself why do teams not allow their defense to hit the QB in practice? there are 32 team and every single one do not let their defense hit the QB any of the QB starter or backup alike

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Anything can happen when you're surrounding 21 guys running around unless all of there practices are walk throughs

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm pointing out that these wussified teams in 2018 are a disgrace. Injuries can happen anytime, but Jerry knows he has an incompetent coaching staff that would be lost if someone goes down. But not if you're the eagles. They lose a couple of pro bowlers they keep on moving towards the Super Bowl

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is the recipe for starting 0-1. I could be wrong but.....

It's a legit concern.

Personally, I think that week one is pivotal and will set the tone for the entire season. Lose to that running back posing as a quarterback and this team has issues.

pansophy

Reaction score
I agree with this policy of playing it safe with our star players. preseasons mostly for evaluating the 2nd and 3rd team players. those fighting for roster spots.
This tells you how far away Rush and White are from being starting quality. If Dak goes down the season is over.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak could probably use the reps, but the value of half a games reps is outweighed by the fact he could get killed with Chas Green getting a lik playing time. Then you guys would be moaning that even a blind man could see that coming.

Dak, Zeke, Martin, Frederick, Collins, Tyron, Lee and Lawrence should probably have not played at all in the preseason.

:clap::clap:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I have been very disappointed in Fleming. thought we had bought some quality insurance but it hasn't played out that way so far.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I don’t blame them. I say that because it’s an adjustment period righ now with the refs nfl and playthe ran with these new contact rules and while they’re trying to figure out what’s legal or illegal, correct or incorrect our stars are out their risking their season as the guineas of this experiment. Two more quarters of play aren’t goin to determine anything for our stars before September 9
Belicheat and almost every other HC in the league disagree with you. Players need live reps before there first real game!!!

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Belicheat and almost every other HC in the league disagree with you. Players need live reps before there first real game!!!
Zeke isn’t goin forget how to run between the tackles because he missed two quarters preseason, he leads the league in carrys in the last two season. Spare me the bs.

Last edited: