Dak Prescott wasn't the problem against the Houston Texans

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Here's a tip...

Do you see the helmet of the DB on the bottom of that picture? It's right in line where the football and receiver were. Dak had to throw it high in over to get it over the zone coverage DB standing in the way. Plus, add in the fact that Austin stands only at 5'8" and has shown a tendency to frequently drop passes that hit him in his hands. Who is the genius who puts a 5'8" receiver with bad hands out wide to run a deep inner route with a much taller DB standing in the line of sight of where the throw is to be made? This play was set up to fail from the very beginning by having the wrong size of receiver run that route. Where was Brice Butler? Why was he on the sidelines, instead of he running this route on this crucial down/play???

You can't make this **** up for the stubborness and stupidity of setting up Dak and this Offense to fail. Coaches need to be fired.

P.S.: This is something Babe Laughenburg should understand since he played some QB in the NFL. Even now, Laughenburg still doesn't get it, which is why he sucked when he played. Some people get it. Some people don't .
Dude. You are the stubborn one. It was a terrible throw you are just obsessed with not being wrong about Dak. Horrible throw.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
That football hit Austin in both hands. Good professional receivers make that catch.
It was a **** throw by the mediocre bus driver. 30th ranked offense because he is terrible. They have the league's leading rusher but can't do crap. Every receiver on the team had down stats last season but it was Dez. So they let him go and bring in a bunch of new guys and it is the same story. What is the common factor? Your boy. He is straight garbage.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak supporters, please list all of the starting QBs in the league that you feel Dak is better than. I made a thread requesting this but none of you guys showed up to do it, and I'm genuinely curious to see who you guys place him ahead of.
Nate, in case you didn't notice, there is no interest in this little squabble in this thread. People aren't showing up in your thread because it's a silly argument. We're trying to discuss facts and future and stuff like that here, not go on and on for pages arguing the same thing over and over. (And over)

bodi

Reaction score
THERE IS A REASON HE WAS DRAFTED IN THE FOURTH ROUND

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nate, in case you didn't notice, there is no interest in this little squabble in this thread. People aren't showing up in your thread because it's a silly argument. We're trying to discuss facts and future and stuff like that here, not go on and on for pages arguing the same thing over and over. (And over)
There's only one group that didn't show up to discuss it. Guess which one. And LOL at you trying to be condescending by stating you are discussing facts and the future like you are all having some high level of conversation while not having the same argument over and over. That's hilarious.

Manster68

Reaction score
I liked Quincy Carter, but the only NFL quality he had was escapability. I get why so many people love Dak. He is the complete package - totally NFL quality - except for his throwing mechanics which cause balls to be inaccurate especially those at intermediate distance to the outside.

It may prove to be a fatal deficiency, and I'm okay to ride out the season to see if he can improve because if he does then we really have something.

But to look at the results on the field for the past 12 games and to believe that it doesn't rest almost entirely on QB play is foolhardy. Sure under ideal conditions Dak can play in this league. Unfortunately so few games can achieve this level of comfort and his deficiencies passing make it far to easy for defenses to make conditions difficult for the offense.
What do you mean by if he can improve? He is in his THIRD SEASON!!! Prescott should be seeing receivers and hit them in stride so they can make a play. One QB made those plays Sunday night. Unfortunately it was Watson and not Prescott!

pansophy

Reaction score
What do you mean by if he can improve? He is in his THIRD SEASON!!! Prescott should be seeing receivers and hit them in stride so they can make a play. One QB made those plays Sunday night. Unfortunately it was Watson and not Prescott!
I haven't seen anything this season to make me think he is going to improve. I thought he had to improve on those intermediate outside routes to force the defense to defend the whole field again when things would look more like his rookie year. The staff decided, probably correctly, to try to accomplish that using go-routes since Dak has shown he can hit those.

Dak has been successful throwing them, but they require time in the pocket and defenses have been blitzing to force Dak to throw the ball before those routes can develop. So he is back to needing to throw those out routes IMO. I'd say the odds are against him at this point, no matter what Jones is saying.

I didn't see anything from Rush or White to make me think we are better off with either of those guys. I think as long as we are in the division race Dak is our guy. If we fall far enough back that it isn't going to happen, and the staff like White, we might see a change later in the season to see if we really need to draft a QB in the 1st. That's my stand currently.

Reaction score
Those picks were on him. Also, he's been a tick late on most of his throws. Early in the game, he has Beasley open for a first down near the goal line, & he was the first read. Most QBs would have pulled the trigger, but he went away from him & hit Elliott in the flat for a loss. Just not confident right now.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Im not a Linehan homer. I don't care fire him. Dak doesn't make the correct checks to attack the defense. Linehan is not on the field Dak is ! 3rd yr QBs should know how to check out of bad plays Dak doesn't consistently its that simple.

Well if Dak isn't given full authority to make the changes and I'm not sure he does, then Linehan should be called out.

That's the problem with our offense. It's too one dimensional, easy to defend and just not flexible for QBs to make changes or improvise. Dak is a mobile QB and yet they are forcing him to stay in the pocket and wait till the receivers get open. That alone is proof that playcalling is the menace and problem here. Not Dak.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Those picks were on him. Also, he's been a tick late on most of his throws. Early in the game, he has Beasley open for a first down near the goal line, & he was the first read. Most QBs would have pulled the trigger, but he went away from him & hit Elliott in the flat for a loss. Just not confident right now.

Its on Dak. However, its also on the receivers too.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:clap::clap::clap:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He was definitely part of the problem. That throw was high on the int.

And the other interception was caused by him throwing it to the wrong side of the receiver, which allowed the corner to get his hand on it.

Thompson was running a comeback toward the sideline. He had Joseph to his inside on the coverage, so the outside was open for a fairly easy throw. Dak threw to the inside, Joseph reached in to bat it and the ball was caught by the safety.

Legend

Reaction score
And the other interception was caused by him throwing it to the wrong side of the receiver, which allowed the corner to get his hand on it.

Thompson was running a comeback toward the sideline. He had Joseph to his inside on the coverage, so the outside was open for a fairly easy throw. Dak threw to the inside, Joseph reached in to bat it and the ball was caught by the safety.

It is on the receivers too due to communication issues... It is a collective or team effort.

“Hurns said sometimes it's a protection issue, sometimes it's a receiver not winning his individual matchup or not catching a contested pass.

Even right guard Zack Martin said Tuesday the communication has to be better. Hurns added that he missed two signals from Prescott on plays in Sunday night's loss at Houston.“

Most of these issues can be resolved with better WRs and TE who work during and after practice with Dak.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He had to step forward to make the pass, regardless. He should have done it before the defender latched on to him. He got scared, lowered his head, defender has time to get ahold of him. Should have stepped up. He's large enough to fight off hand grabs and clutches from the opposing DL. He gets scared when he senses any of that, let alone feels it, and bottles up. Like that play.

It's not an easy play to make, there are only, perhaps, 10 QBs in the league who can do that consistently. But ours isn't one. We need a guy who can make those plays. Hopefully finding a franchise QB (along with **** canning the staff) is at the top of the list going forward.

Glad to see you coming around, brother.