1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

News: Dak Prescott won't rule himself out for Cowboys' Week 4 game vs Commanders

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jake, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

19,467 Messages
    17,424 Likes Received
    It's the media that is worrying....Cowboys may have found a real QB....so they are gonna start the campaign to get #4 back in there.

bigE79 likes this.
  2. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

10,870 Messages
    17,722 Likes Received
    Dak has been exposed as the fraud he is…he is worried.

bigE79, morat1959, Swagger and 2 others like this.
  3. LysleE

LysleE Active Member

197 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Dak is clearly pushing himself to get back on the field due to Coopers good play and of course, Jerry isn’t helping matters by not totally committing to Dak’s return.

We all know Dak is the $160MM man, so he is going to play, so he should wait until he is fully healed before he goes out on the field. I believe someone posted that it makes him look desperate, and I totally agree with that sentiment.

But I find it interesting that the running game is better and by extension an improved passing game with Cooper; I’ve seen WRs actually getting separation in coverage and Cooper putting throws where they need to be, rarely, if ever, forcing balls into coverage unlike Dak. The offensive tempo is much more balanced with Cooper under center.

Would love to see what Cooper could do against the Rams and Eagles.

bigE79, Fastpitch Dad and Swagger like this.
  4. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

6,395 Messages
    3,773 Likes Received
    Honestly, it would make more sense for Dak to (somewhat cynically) wait for Rush to first lose a game - such as against the Rams or Eagles - and THEN come back.

5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

27,847 Messages
    24,159 Likes Received
    That is a very good point friend............that is exactly what I would do if I was Dak.

You dont want to come back after Rush is like 4-0 as a starter and stink the joint up. And lets be real, even before Dak broke his thumb he was playing like dog crap against Tampa, so its not like the dude was balling when he got hurt.

We all know Dak is not going anywhere, he still has like $60 mill in guaranteed money left on his contract, he has a no trade clause, and his cap hit next year is like $50 mill.

That makes Dak the starter, end of discussion, doesnt matter how many picks he throws or how many games he losses, you aint paid that type of coin to ride the pine in the NFL. But the optics will look terrible if Dak is out there throwing dirt balls and picks left and right while an undefeated Cooper Rush is sitting on the bench eating a hot dog.

lopey, CowboyoWales, MaineBoy and 2 others like this.
  6. GINeric

GINeric Benched

2,494 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Dak need to sit down and heal, there is no need to RUSH back....

Dak has leadership skills, and a good leader is supposed to know what's good for the team. Cooper Rush is in a zone and has the hot hand. As a leader, Dak need to continue to support Rush even if it means he supports from the sidelines in a temporary backup position.

Dak actually has the opportunity to show more in a supportive role than being on the field. This is what a real leader would do!!

7. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

8,375 Messages
    15,336 Likes Received
    A driven NFL player wants to play, what??

Streifenkarl likes this.
  8. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

13,430 Messages
    19,831 Likes Received
    we fans just ruled him out.

9. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

5,288 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    His selfishness shows through. He is extreamly selfish and wants all the attention. Players are tired of him talking big and not showing up. They are tired of the audibles. The team just plays more smooth with Rush. They play as a team, not the stats Prescott show.

Red Dragon, bigE79, lopey and 5 others like this.
  10. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

33,346 Messages
    14,509 Likes Received
    Are we RUSHing things, Dak?
    Are you that rash and insecure, Dak?
    Average and stupid is not in your job description.

bigE79 likes this.
  11. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

33,346 Messages
    14,509 Likes Received
    :omg:
    :laugh:
    :lmao:
    :lmao2:

Captain-Crash, morat1959 and bigE79 like this.
  12. cristglo

cristglo Well-Known Member

1,244 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    I would also because he needs to shake some rust off before our matchup against Philly.

13. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    Hilarious how everyone now on the Cooper Rush bandwagon were actually not on it after Week 1's loss. Instead, y'all were acting out 24/7 all over this forum. lol

14. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

13,430 Messages
    19,831 Likes Received
    I remember the crying and gnashing of the teeth. "the season is over, I give up on dak" "might as well tank for draft pick"

bigE79, Swagger and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  15. CowboyoWales

CowboyoWales Well-Known Member

3,000 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    Reasons:
    1) He's scared his job's on the line.
    2) He can hear the fan's and see the evidence that the Offense is performing without him.
    3) He doesnt want to go straight into the Rams game without an 'easier' game to start with.

Despite all of this you have to admire his willingness to fight for his job.

Captain-Crash and bigE79 like this.
  16. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

4,840 Messages
    5,603 Likes Received
    I agree with all of your points except the last sentence. It's not admirable, it's selfish and desperate. If the team was losing I would agree with you but they have looked a very cohesive unit the last two games and they should beat Washington. So a genuine leader would take the view what's best for the team not me and that would be to come back when my throwing hand has completely healed and had an opportunity to practice - good grief he needs it after week 1.

17. Walker

Walker Texas Ranger

2,858 Messages
    2,557 Likes Received
    As long as Rush keeps winning, I dont see a point to rushing him.

bigE79 likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    32,170 Messages
    28,430 Likes Received
    Must be nervous, don’t blame him.

Captain-Crash and bigE79 like this.
  19. CowboyoWales

CowboyoWales Well-Known Member

3,000 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    I agree, I think what a game against the Rams does is it speeds up the decision on whether Dak's is able to replicate (or even better what Rush has been able to do).

The improved situation we're in is that Dak is now replaceable, Rush has shown he can get the Offense working. I realize some detractors will say he hasnt Dak's ceiling, but Dak needs to show it, lets get away from the blame/excuses, it's time for him to 'put up'.

If Dak does perform he then goes on and we'll prosper, if he doesnt we have the chance to revert back to Rush for what is the more important game vrs the Eagles.

bigE79, Swagger and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  20. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

23,279 Messages
    28,681 Likes Received
    Dak's desire to return before the recommended time for his return reeks of desperation to keep Cooper Rush from establishing himself as a candidate to take over his starting role with the Cowboys. The Cowboys' doctors and trainers should be left to make that decision for themselves. That has long been the accepted way for an injured players return to be handled. It surely wouldn't help his cause to return before his recovery is fully achieved.

That's how Dak's return to action is best managed, whether he likes it or not. I feel sure that Jerry and Stephen Jones aren't likely to give him the boot prematurely, despite Jerry's foolish ramblings, recently. Jerry is well-known to have a wagging tongue that he'd do well to control. Creating an insecure situation with his starting QB isn't any way to properly manage a team. Any sober GM with a lick of common sense would know better. o_O

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022