News: Dak Prescott won't rule himself out for Cowboys' Week 4 game vs Commanders

LysleE

Reaction score
Dak is clearly pushing himself to get back on the field due to Coopers good play and of course, Jerry isn’t helping matters by not totally committing to Dak’s return.

We all know Dak is the $160MM man, so he is going to play, so he should wait until he is fully healed before he goes out on the field. I believe someone posted that it makes him look desperate, and I totally agree with that sentiment.

But I find it interesting that the running game is better and by extension an improved passing game with Cooper; I’ve seen WRs actually getting separation in coverage and Cooper putting throws where they need to be, rarely, if ever, forcing balls into coverage unlike Dak. The offensive tempo is much more balanced with Cooper under center.

Would love to see what Cooper could do against the Rams and Eagles.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Honestly, it would make more sense for Dak to (somewhat cynically) wait for Rush to first lose a game - such as against the Rams or Eagles - and THEN come back.

That is a very good point friend............that is exactly what I would do if I was Dak.

You dont want to come back after Rush is like 4-0 as a starter and stink the joint up. And lets be real, even before Dak broke his thumb he was playing like dog crap against Tampa, so its not like the dude was balling when he got hurt.

We all know Dak is not going anywhere, he still has like $60 mill in guaranteed money left on his contract, he has a no trade clause, and his cap hit next year is like $50 mill.

That makes Dak the starter, end of discussion, doesnt matter how many picks he throws or how many games he losses, you aint paid that type of coin to ride the pine in the NFL. But the optics will look terrible if Dak is out there throwing dirt balls and picks left and right while an undefeated Cooper Rush is sitting on the bench eating a hot dog.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak need to sit down and heal, there is no need to RUSH back....

Dak has leadership skills, and a good leader is supposed to know what's good for the team. Cooper Rush is in a zone and has the hot hand. As a leader, Dak need to continue to support Rush even if it means he supports from the sidelines in a temporary backup position.

Dak actually has the opportunity to show more in a supportive role than being on the field. This is what a real leader would do!!

817Gill

Reaction score
I'd say it's also a guy who just wants to play football. But this is where the team has to protect a player from himself and do what's best, for all involved, long-term.
A driven NFL player wants to play, what??

sacase

Reaction score
His selfishness shows through. He is extreamly selfish and wants all the attention. Players are tired of him talking big and not showing up. They are tired of the audibles. The team just plays more smooth with Rush. They play as a team, not the stats Prescott show.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hilarious how everyone now on the Cooper Rush bandwagon were actually not on it after Week 1's loss. Instead, y'all were acting out 24/7 all over this forum. lol

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don’t see any reason to rush his return. Let the thumb completely heal. This team can handle Washington if they limit mistakes.
Reasons:
1) He's scared his job's on the line.
2) He can hear the fan's and see the evidence that the Offense is performing without him.
3) He doesnt want to go straight into the Rams game without an 'easier' game to start with.

Despite all of this you have to admire his willingness to fight for his job.

Swagger

Reaction score
Reasons:
1) He's scared his job's on the line.
2) He can hear the fan's and see the evidence that the Offense is performing without him.
3) He doesnt want to go straight into the Rams game without an 'easier' game to start with.

Despite all of this you have to admire his willingness to fight for his job.
I agree with all of your points except the last sentence. It's not admirable, it's selfish and desperate. If the team was losing I would agree with you but they have looked a very cohesive unit the last two games and they should beat Washington. So a genuine leader would take the view what's best for the team not me and that would be to come back when my throwing hand has completely healed and had an opportunity to practice - good grief he needs it after week 1.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I agree with all of your points except the last sentence. It's not admirable, it's selfish and desperate. If the team was losing I would agree with you but they have looked a very cohesive unit the last two games and they should beat Washington. So a genuine leader would take the view what's best for the team not me and that would be to come back when my throwing hand has completely healed and had an opportunity to practice - good grief he needs it after week 1.

I agree, I think what a game against the Rams does is it speeds up the decision on whether Dak's is able to replicate (or even better what Rush has been able to do).

The improved situation we're in is that Dak is now replaceable, Rush has shown he can get the Offense working. I realize some detractors will say he hasnt Dak's ceiling, but Dak needs to show it, lets get away from the blame/excuses, it's time for him to 'put up'.

If Dak does perform he then goes on and we'll prosper, if he doesnt we have the chance to revert back to Rush for what is the more important game vrs the Eagles.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak's desire to return before the recommended time for his return reeks of desperation to keep Cooper Rush from establishing himself as a candidate to take over his starting role with the Cowboys. The Cowboys' doctors and trainers should be left to make that decision for themselves. That has long been the accepted way for an injured players return to be handled. It surely wouldn't help his cause to return before his recovery is fully achieved.

That's how Dak's return to action is best managed, whether he likes it or not. I feel sure that Jerry and Stephen Jones aren't likely to give him the boot prematurely, despite Jerry's foolish ramblings, recently. Jerry is well-known to have a wagging tongue that he'd do well to control. Creating an insecure situation with his starting QB isn't any way to properly manage a team. Any sober GM with a lick of common sense would know better. o_O

Last edited: